Game-Labs Forum

Second account exploit

jodgi

I have been punished. ;)

I want to go full disclosure because I didn't know this was expressly against any rules.

I bought a second account for three reasons. First of all I don't mind supporting this game and it's rather cheap so I made a second steam account and bought a copy. This account I meant to use when my nephew visits. He wants to play what I play, first tanks and now this. The third reason was to use this account to slave for my main account, I even named the account "slavecrafter" so no attempt at anything underhanded was done.

After just one day and 1000 slaved hours used I got a message from steam that the account had been marked with "fraudulent use" and my money returned to me. No warning and no questions asked.

Everyone knows this account is not the only slave account on the servers. Most likely mine got caught because I used that obvious name and posted a "." (for trading) in Christiansted chat and was noticed and reported by other players. The report may have been sent to Game-Labs directly or some steam system may have been used, no way for me to tell.

I think we need rules in place before punishmnent is doled out.

Do Naval Action rules differentiate between accounts and actual physical persons?

Are we allowed to buy more than one account? One account per person or one account per creditcard or paypal account?

Are slave accounts ok as long as they're being played normally as well? (Mine would have been if it hadn't been killed before the visit of the intended player)

I know I'm causing a headache right now, but I blundered into an offense I couldn't have known about. In many other games it is ok to own several accounts and use them as you please.

Please, if bans are to be dealt out without any due process, we need clear rules.

I advise you to be very careful with no due process reactions towards paying customers. Ask your friends at wargaming, they are very careful with such reactions, actually they don't have such a practice, they even issue warnings to cheaters when "physical" evidence is present.

• Like 1

Wargaming is an excellent negative example. A game completely overrun by trolls, afk leechers and cheaters because of an absolutely uncaring attitude by the admins.

Paying customer or not, if you ignore the rules you need to be shown the door. The question is, is possessing two accounts without actively crossteaming breaking any rules?

I have been punished. ;)

I want to go full disclosure because I didn't know this was expressly against any rules.

I bought a second account for three reasons. First of all I don't mind supporting this game and it's rather cheap so I made a second steam account and bought a copy. This account I meant to use when my nephew visits. He wants to play what I play, first tanks and now this. The third reason was to use this account to slave for my main account, I even named the account "slavecrafter" so no attempt at anything underhanded was done.

Jodgi

We have nothing to do with this, nor other players. We are not prohibiting players from having multiple forum accounts, email accounts or steam accounts - it is none of our concern whatsoever. I know a lot of players/families who use several steam accounts from one home playing same games at the same time (including naval action). 

I suggest you go through steam support with this issue. Not sure how we can help with this but we are willing to provide help if needed.

• Like 12

Thanks!

That was an abundantly loud and clear. ;)

I won't burden you with this trifle, though they stole the money intended for you, the bastards! :P

I've already started the process with Steam.

let me know if you need anything from us to help you with this.

• Like 6

fraudulency is usually conected with the payment system, did you pay with a credit card, or an uncertified bank account? also you are really bad at crossteaming, creating another dane, really? the resources are already empty in danish ports, a spanish, or french character would have make more sense :P

Edited by Henry d'Esterre Darby
Removal of personal attack.

Oh, noes! I forgot about winning the war!!!!

This really was something my nephew would be able to use, so it had to be a dane. Don't worry, Schutzy, I have more money than sense so I might be able to help you out with your devious plans.

btw, guys. It's this guy you should be worried about. Schutz is, like, chaotic-evil. I only pretend to be friends with him, I'm too scared to resist him. Before go to bed I have to protect myself from evil (Schutz) with this: "Kaaa-Liii-Maaa... Schutz-ti-deh... Kah Li Mah Schutz ti deh!"

It was PayPal, so it's weird. It didn't bounce, it was a forced refund!?

• Like 2

Jodgi

We have nothing to do with this, nor other players. We are not prohibiting players from having multiple forum accounts, email accounts or steam accounts - it is none of our concern whatsoever. I know a lot of players who use several steam accounts from one home playing same games at the same time (including naval action). 

I suggest you go through steam support with this issue. Not sure how we can help with this but we are willing to provide help if needed.

Hats off to the Game Labs. Got my support. What a great attitude. Extending compassion and reasonable administration .

Also rewards honesty and promotes the bond between uncles and nephews.

You guys are awesome.

• Like 3

it's just because the name offends some people - consider the simplest answer - it might well have been deleted if it was your first account with that name.

What do you mean?

"slavecrafter" Isn't offensive but it could be annoying or provoking to those who consider second account slaving a terrible thing.

Besides, as admin pointed out, the name has nothing to do with it.

It's what Schutz said, most likely some problem with steam and paypal. I mean, someone who buys a second account and names it "slavecrafter" is probably a crook. :P

• Like 1

Hats off to the Game Labs. Got my support. What a great attitude. Extending compassion and reasonable administration .

You guys are awesome.

I have a few second accounts exactly why he wants this one.  My nephew doesn't have the money and is more a console player, but loves playing games with me when I come visit.   The sad thing is a few years back he figured out what them girls are for and stopped playing games as much.   I can't be to upset though, I mean boys will be boys.  I have used a few of the accounts to get friends interested into games.  Let them play some so they don't have to spend money.  Than they get hooked and go buy there own copy.

You guys are awesome.

We are not good with subtle linguistics? Is this trolling :)

What about if i want two characters, an British and a Pirate, because i like to play both nations? For example in rp reasons.

I cant see any reason why couldnt i make two characters in one account, limiting it is not very good idea in my opinion.

yah no...I honestly want bans for people who use alts to spy on other nations...or buy up all their resources...etc etc

as a community it was decided we didnt want that particular brand of gameplay..

It's not behind a paywall its gone...or it should be

Right now, the brand of gameplay available to me, as a Danmark-Norge player with medium amount of free time to use on this game, is like this:

I'll have to accept to xp grind slower than the big boys. That's fine, no problem at all. But my limited gold would leave me out of the crafting race, completely, as I can't compete with the big boys' contracts for iron and oak.

That's not acceptable to me. If you want to be competitive in this game you need to be crafting lvl 50 at some point for the upgrades mainly.

I think I might need to buy another account with a brit character later. The zerg might gobble up everything...

Do you need me to limit my gameplay, arch?

I have fought the idea of the super rich grinders getting it all for a long time. I give up, though. I see no option other than using second accounts to stand a chance, and I'm not even a casual. What should they do?