Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ridik

Luxury Resourxe Trading

As a Brtish Navyman I worked my ass off to get to Sunbury and traded some gold for Anerican Cotton for about 350 gold per piece of cotton. I haven't had a chance to teleport back to Kingston to see what I can sell the cotton for, but I feel like this luxury resource is useless and I'm not going to turn a profit.

Is it better to sell this cotton to the city or a player?

What do luxury resources usually go for at capital cities(I have a 4hr teleport timer).

• Like 1

Cotton is a crafting item for some things. But generally yes I think we have a lot to learn about what to do with everything...

I just went back to Kingston and found out I can only sell it for 45 gold per Cotton. How does Kingston consume 2000 cotton per day, but only give 45 per for it?

I can sell Indian Tea in Kingston more than Cotton!!!!!

I imagine prices are still being observed/addressed as time goes on. Can confirm that they can be quite finicky though. Was sitting in Kingston yesterday crafting and saw that the shop was down to 1 piece of iron ore, which I could buy for around 2500 gold(!). Attempting to capitalize on this, I sailed to Morant, grabbed up 200 iron for 72 gold a piece, and returned to be offered only 75 for each (still had only one piece of iron there). Yeah, I made a small profit, but that's a hell of a gap in price.

I imagine prices are still being observed/addressed as time goes on. Can confirm that they can be quite finicky though. Was sitting in Kingston yesterday crafting and saw that the shop was down to 1 piece of iron ore, which I could buy for around 2500 gold(!). Attempting to capitalize on this, I sailed to Morant, grabbed up 200 iron for 72 gold a piece, and returned to be offered only 75 for each (still had only one piece of iron there). Yeah, I made a small profit, but that's a hell of a gap in price.

I've observed this plenty of times and can't wrap my head around it. Sarranah(don't remember the name) produces Historical Artifacts and Bone Cay consumes a ton, but the buy price of artifacts in Bone Cay is like 200g and you can sell them only for around 90g.

The AI I'm giving my resources to is making like a 110% profit for just sitting in port and selling my stuff, wtf?

My cotton experiment clearly shows that the demand is bugged in the game and needs a HUGE overhaul. Kingston should pretty much be begging me to give them cotton.

Edited by Ridik

I went even further in Kingston and bought up all Red Oak Wood in the area to create a 100g per contract to only get under-cutted by an AI less than 5 min later.

Edited by Ridik

I'd also like to know how quickly things are consumed. It says per day, now is that per 24hrs real time (every maintenance), or every in-game 24hrs? Because if it is real time, no wonder every consumed resource is over-saturated. And it would also explain why most things that are produced are usually out of stock, or incredibly low. Also, they definitely need to have a market UI like Eve. Where you can see how many of an item are being sold for a certain price, and how many are on a buy order at a certain price. There are too many orders where the price is very high or low, but only a handful of items are at that mark.

Edited by Uzii

I'd also like to know how quickly things are consumed. It says per day, now is that per 24hrs real time (every maintenance), or every in-game 24hrs? Because if it is real time, no wonder every consumed resource is over-saturated. And it would also explain why most things that are produced are usually out of stock, or incredibly low. Also, they definitely need to have a market UI like Eve. Where you can see how many of an item are being sold for a certain price, and how many are on a buy order at a certain price. There are too many orders where the price is very high or low, but only a handful of items are at that mark.

This is what I cannot wrap my head around; it claims these cities consume high amounts of items, but I've noticed some cities don't really care about getting these products that they consume even when they have nothing of it.

I feel like if you are offering something to a port that it consumes and doesn't have, it should offer you thousands for that resource.

Edited by Ridik
  • Like 1