Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Nimh

Ship Captured without boarding? In small Battle

Currently in a Small battle and was in the middle of maneuvering for a shot on a target about 100 meters+ away. I land my shot blowing up the ship. I begin to turn so I can come back around on another target about 200meters away and mid tern my camera unlocks from my boat and just starts to sail away. I am in the death screen and when I hit tab it states that my boat was captured. I was over 70% health on both right and left with over 100% on front and rear. The nearest enemy was over 100meters away. I was never boarded during the match... How was I captured?? Is this a bug?? Took a picture of the score screen just now for reference. Again no enemy near, never boarded, plenty of health, nearly full crew, and no leaks?

kVYtcQL.png

post-17580-0-69810900-1453782573_thumb.png

They cleared 30men in one grape shot? that seems a bit absurd? But good to know thats possible.... extremely disappointing... but good to know

You said you "Blew up" the first ship you were shooting at.  Do you mean you hit their magazine and they exploded?  Because if you're close enough to a ship that explodes the explosion can kill your crew all in one go.  

It happened to me yesterday.  I wasn't even right on top of the ship that exploded because my ship itself didn't take a ton of damage but the crew was completely decimated.

You said you "Blew up" the first ship you were shooting at.  Do you mean you hit their magazine and they exploded?  Because if you're close enough to a ship that explodes the explosion can kill your crew all in one go.  

It happened to me yesterday.  I wasn't even right on top of the ship that exploded because my ship itself didn't take a ton of damage but the crew was completely decimated.

yes I was fairly close to the explosion. I hit his magazine repeatedly and it blew his ship. My ship showed captured almost immediately after the explosion. If this is possible then I would say almost certainly what happened. If this is possible it would seem much more likely to me in the current situation. Especially because the next nearest ship was over 100m away and grape shot at that far killing 30+ men would be insane. Learning news things every post haha.

I didn't understand the usage of the term "blew up".  Yes, that's what happened - a ship exploded too close to you and killed all of your crew, that insta-captures your ship.