1. Rusty McHook
  2. Des
  3. Vyshin
  4. Gizzard Puke 
  5. Karl Bartesen
  6. John Silvers
  7. Vil Coyote
  8. Aniki

Accept this message as a warning for friendly kills. If you sink more friendlies (green on green damage) your progress will be reset.

• Like 12

Goodness, number 1? I only got rid of 120 crew and killed one person due to him trying to steal my trader brig booty. What is the threshold for the reset? What if someone comes in-front of my guns and dies when they are at low health..

AP514 comment on something you don't know the story on just shows your ignorance, don't make comments on topics you have no clue about. I started the battle, the other individual joined and tried to steal my booty. I thought pirate on pirate was ok?

Goodness, number 1? I only got rid of 120 crew and killed one person due to him trying to steal my trader brig booty. What is the threshold for the reset? What if someone comes in-front of my guns and dies when they are at low health..

AP514 comment on something you don't know the story on just shows your ignorance, don't make comments on topics you have no clue about. I started the battle, the other individual joined and tried to steal my booty. I thought pirate on pirate was ok?

He doesn't need to know the particulars, see the below post from Admin:

Warning - ruleset change.

Friendly fire for pirates was initially allowed to provide the opportunity for group vs group fights. OW was always pulling all the pirates to one side in the instance (even reinforcements) and as a result 6 v 6 were always 11 v 1 in the instance. 

Many pirates started to use this mechanic always joining the friendly side to sink the opponent. No group fights were happening.. only abuse. We have to change the rules as a result.

Rule change.

Sinking, boarding, or denial of the derelicts is not allowed against friendlies for anyone. Any green on green kills are forbidden.

If friendlies sink you file a F11 report from the battle, make screenshots, and report it to Tribunal.

Do not shoot greens.  I don't care what they've done to you, you do not shoot greens. If someone has violated the rules, you screenshot them doing so and put it into a Tribunal thread.

• Like 1

Goodness, number 1? I only got rid of 120 crew and killed one person due to him trying to steal my trader brig booty. 

How did he try to "steal" that? Was he hacking into your computer? Was he breaking into your house to take over your keyboard? 

He used normal game mechanics. People can join battles that others started and if they then board a ship in that battle, they can keep it. Don't want that to happen? Then hunt prey somewhere further away where not many other players are. There's never a reason for deliberate friendly fire. You should consider yourself fortunate that you get a friendly warning to stop your abusive behaviour, instead of an immediate ban, even after you've admitted that your actions were deliberate.

Sorry but your the one that has NO Clue..If you did you would know No Green on Green shooting....

Tip-Next time after boarding a Ship--CAPTURE it.Sso when battle is over it will be yours.....  Plain and simple

Edited by Ink
Personal part is removed

Are threads like this needed just because the mechanics to prevent something like aren't in the game yet? 

Just curious, I'm new here.

How can you prevent people to do deliberate damage to your teammate?

There is ways but they're not necesary, it's a lot easier to put up a rule on it and if they dont follow it they will get punished.

Edited by Tomms123

How can you prevent people to do deliberate damage to your teammate?

There is ways but they're not necesary, it's a lot easier to put up a rule on it and if they dont follow it they will get punished.

I mean other games allow you to mark instances for assistance etc. If you are in an instance and don't want someone to join you don't click the assist button.

I prefer friendly fire, I like the realism of it and I think having the potential for backstabbing is warranted in the game and era. I was just seeing if this was something the devs were going to implement as a game mechanic and haven't gotten to, or if this was the extent of their dealing with it. Don't care either way, just wanted to know which way they were leaning.

I mean other games allow you to mark instances for assistance etc. If you are in an instance and don't want someone to join you don't click the assist button.

I prefer friendly fire, I like the realism of it and I think having the potential for backstabbing is warranted in the game and era. I was just seeing if this was something the devs were going to implement as a game mechanic and haven't gotten to, or if this was the extent of their dealing with it. Don't care either way, just wanted to know which way they were leaning.

Every battle is open for 5 minutes before it auto closes so under those 5 minutes anyone can enter you battle both on your side and on the enemy side. The same nation (unless you're a pirate) can only enter on the same side.

To have a feature where you decide when the battle is open or not can be really abusable. For example if 8 players attack 1 and they decide that not a single other person can join in on that battle.

If you are max level, you don't need exp anymore, right? Can you lose the max level? If not, what mechanic is supposed to keep this in check?

If your XP is reset, you're the bottom level again and have to earn every last bit of rank/XP back.  You're busted back to a Basic Cutter and can't sail any of your nice ships until you've ground all the way back up to them.  Asset resets may also occur, I'm not sure.

• Like 1

How did he try to "steal" that? Was he hacking into your computer? Was he breaking into your house to take over your keyboard? 

He used normal game mechanics. People can join battles that others started and if they then board a ship in that battle, they can keep it. Don't want that to happen? Then hunt prey somewhere further away where not many other players are. There's never a reason for deliberate friendly fire. You should consider yourself fortunate that you get a friendly warning to stop your abusive behaviour, instead of an immediate ban, even after you've admitted that your actions were deliberate.

Normal game mechanics huh? I used normal game mechanics to shoot him also. There are reasons, back in the day ships would turn on so called "friendlies" at any given time, especially being a pirate. I am happy that I was warned - thank you for the warning, there was no where posted (except for the forum, which a good chunk of players don't read) that these rules were put up, otherwise I would have thought twice about killing him and just crippled his ship to the point in which the ship he was trying to board would have killed him instead of myself. 

Edited by Ink
Personal part is removed

Normal game mechanics huh? I used normal game mechanics to shoot him also. There are reasons, back in the day ships would turn on so called "friendlies" at any given time, especially being a pirate. I am happy that I was warned - thank you for the warning, there was no where posted (except for the forum, which a good chunk of players don't read) that these rules were put up, otherwise I would have thought twice about killing him and just crippled his ship to the point in which the ship he was trying to board would have killed him instead of myself. 

Doing any type of green on green fire is against the rules.

"killing a friendly against his will is not allowed and will bring serious consequences.

if you have come to an arrangement with friendlies for example to deny enemy a vessel it is ok."

This quote is from one of my conversations with the Admins and it states clearly if you as the owner of the ship wants to deny your enemy of the capture of your ship you can ask your friendlys to sink you. But if someone havent asked that their ship shall be denied from the enemy and you try to sink your friend that is against the rule.

Once again any green on green is not allowed unless what I just wroted has been done.

You sir are a liar!

I tagged that trader Brig, you sailed into the circle, we started the battle side by side. I went after the trader and while boarding him you were back shooting me with grape!

Watch your back I will find you ... over and over again.

• Like 1

Hello admins,

I just saw my name in that friendly kills list.

Let me say first I am very surprised, astonished, and upset about this.

I have been playing online games since more than 12 years, and never had such kind of issue a single time in a single game.

Now let's talk Naval action : When did that happen ? What is the case exactly ? What happened ?

I'm very interested in any kind of explanation proof you can provide, as pulling fingers to people's names on this threat means you'd better have something solid for this.

The only FF facts I can remember from now ?

- I may have hit a ship or two with misdirected shots, mostly early in the game, or by mistake. Nothing big, and not the only one I guess.

- I ended up sunk (my ship turned upside down) when trying to stop an enemy NPC so my friend could board him. But not FF I guess.

- 2 pirate friends tried to attack me together - one went in fight, but as the other joined he ended up on my side. So for the whole fight I had one of the greens shooting at me (he didn't understood why he wasn't teamed up with his friend). I remember retraining from shooting him to avoid loosing XP, but I may have shot one volley at him - I'll be honest, I don't remember.

Whatever is the outcome of this, I find very unpleasant and disturbing the fact that you guys name people so quick after what seems like arbitrary screenshots of arbitrary games.

I understand what you are trying to achieve, and welcome that. But the way you're showing it now just makes me want to stop the game (=stop helping train new people, quit all the friends I created in this, quit advertising the game on steam forums, and just ask a refund). First time ever this happens to me, and questions me a lot on how you plan to handle this in the future.

Thanks for reading.

V.

• Like 1

Being able to enter an instance when not grouped with the person that instigated the instance is a bug and not intended game play.

While that is no reason for shooting other players, others are using it to grief, and it is getting a little old. I have had seven attempts at boarding deliberately sabotaged by children in the past 4 days, and I have no recourse unless I resort to breaking the rules. Play by the rules, and complain about it here, and the thread is closed and we are told a fix is coming soon. The devs need to stop telling folks it is is going to be fixed and actually fix it. No player should have to waste their free time traveling all over the map looking for quiet spots or have the first viable upgrade they have seen in an hour sunk, simply because others are intent on behaving like ignorant little children. If these idiots could be openly attacked much of the current behaviour would stop.

Edited by Hexcaliber