Game-Labs Forum

properly detect multi-monitor setups

i have 2 monitors side by side.

when i launch naval action, it appears on the geometric center of both screens. Half of the game window is on one monitor, the other half is on the second monitor

i can move the game window to the proper monitor after the initial launch freeze, but i'm really trying to be more lazy.

please pander to my laziness by letting me choose a monitor where the game should center at.

• Like 1

Playing in windowed mode for me does what OP describes (game starts in geometric center), whereas full screen snaps to the primary display. Still, since easy workarounds exist I'd consider this a low priority.

Case in point, until the chat UI breaking every so often when alt+tabbing is fixed, I'm likely going to keep running windowed and simply moving the client to the primary. It's a pain when you're suddenly dead to the world simply because you wanted to change the song that's playing while the client has no background music. At least with one of the recent patches your tabs disappear so you're aware.

My setup: primary display is 1980x1020, my secondary old TV monitor (resolution unknown; everything looks bad on it) is elevated roughly halfway above the primary and borders it on the right (properly set up in win10). I typically drag the windowed client to the primary and move as far towards the top as possible.

Play in windowed mode, it helps.

It not the best of ways, but it gets the job done.

i am playing in windowed mode :)

Playing in windowed mode for me does what OP describes (game starts in geometric center), whereas full screen snaps to the primary display. Still, since easy workarounds exist I'd consider this a low priority.

agreed, but it's still something that should be tackled eventually. And considering that Unity offers to handle monitors by itself, it should be relatively easy and quick to implement. Edited by Jazoray