Game-Labs Forum

Suggestion For Economy Fixes

As it is, it is too easy to make money without interacting with other players. It is also too easy to go around without the need to purchase ships, thereby reducing demand for crafted goods.

I propose the following:

1)Greatly reduce the ammount of gold paid by "The Shop" (NPC) for ship improvements. Right now, I'd consider it the easiest way to make a small fortune. Just a blue quality reload magazine can easily fetch 20k. It's absurd and decreases the demand for ship improvements crafted by players.

2)Limit the number of ships that one can capture in a day. Three to five would be reasonable. Having too many decent quality ships easily available - up to third rates! - reduces the demand for crafted ships.

3)Adjust the values for raw goods. The difference between what The Shop asks and what it is willing to pay is generally too high. It also swings too fast. Bringing a hundred units of a relatively cheap raw material, material that is abundantly used in recipes, shouldn't create a big swing in value in The Shop. A minor one, sure, but not a dozen doublons. 

4)Remove the presence of pre-made ships being for sale in The Shop. Leave Basic Cutters.

I understand this is early access and the economy is recent (and wasn't used to several thousand players). 

Edited by Alejandro