Game-Labs Forum

Pirates Shooting Friendlies

queeb

Queeb, I think the confusion is that these guys are more than likely together. Due to the game mechanics, they can not ever be on the same team. So how can people justify punishing someone for green on green because the game mechanics don't allow them to be on the same team. It isn't gaming the system, because joining the battle on your side is the ONLY way to get into the battle.

Because green on green is not allowed regardless of the situation....period. It really is not debatable bottom line. I fully understand that these two could have been playing together but that does not make what they are doing permissible or excusable. It has to be this way in order to help mitigate exploitative situations like the one described. In this situation a player has almost no chance of escaping an enemy since other "green" players are going to spawn almost adjacent to him allowing them to shoot his sails or block his path....or both. There are a ton of various exploits that you can do with the Pirate vs. Pirate mechanic but for some reason they have left them in-game which obviously attracts trolls like flies to manure. 

I kind of hope that the Devs / Moderators don't get involved with the whole pirate thing at all other than to fix any bug resolved around it.

They created a game that should take on a life of its own. Imagine the Role-Play of being the most Notorious Pirate in the game... so hated that bands of people try to take him down...  Come on this sounds exciting.  This is the same thing as Eve Online, in that so many people cry over people Pirating.  The game should not really be safe for anyone. 

I think we should embrace this type of game play.  

But yeah, using it as an exploit is not something that should be permitted.

Safe Sailing ... accept for you pirates! :)

"killing a friendly against his will is not allowed and will bring serious consequences.

if you have come to an arrangement with friendlies for example to deny enemy a vessel it is ok." - Admin

Green on Green is never allowed unless what is quoted above from Admin.

I kind of hope that the Devs / Moderators don't get involved with the whole pirate thing at all other than to fix any bug resolved around it.

They created a game that should take on a life of its own. Imagine the Role-Play of being the most Notorious Pirate in the game... so hated that bands of people try to take him down...  Come on this sounds exciting.  This is the same thing as Eve Online, in that so many people cry over people Pirating.  The game should not really be safe for anyone. 

I think we should embrace this type of game play.  

But yeah, using it as an exploit is not something that should be permitted.

Safe Sailing ... accept for you pirates! :)

The key is to disallow behavior that is so toxic that you start losing large numbers of players.  If game mechanics can be exploited in a way that is extremely unfun, then rules will be implemented until those mechanics can be changed.  :)

• Like 1

you all say green on green is not allowed but we are talking about pirates here...pirates do not live by the nationals laws... they believe in no government has the right to rule them so why should there be a tribunal held for someone of no nation.  as previously stated the PvP for Pirate on Pirate only allows you to join the defending side in a high seas battle.  when you do enough damage to a friendly ship in battle you lose xp that adds up to being over -75, is this not a penalty enough for pirates until they fix how you can join sides in pirate vs pirate battles?  in the end you should ignore Pirate Vs Pirate battles as green on green dmg cases as the pirates police their own and dont need the input of people with nations backing them... PS pirates do not have a nation technically

Pirates are not excluded from green on green damage.

period.

There is no discussion about thatn and I am very surprised this subject is brought up over and over again.

This is a game. And in any game there has to be some rules to ensure that players are not living in anarchy.

And btw. The devs make the rules. Purchasing the game you agreed upon playing along the rules.

Game-Labs has a very liberal policy towards abusing members. They get a stem warning and a chance to redeem themselfs. If you screw this up, you have to accept the consequences. or quit playing.