Game-Labs Forum

Pirates Shooting Friendlies

queeb

green on green with any nation was bannable before steam EA. But i don't know if it is like that now, maybe xp and gold reset now?

Here it's a battle involving pirates against pirates so i don't really know.

But last time i have make a battle and didn't manage to get a shoot on the target but i have hit a friendly ship, and at the end of battle i have lost few xp, so maybe if you tag peoples of your side, you just loose xp for each shoot you land on them instead of gaining xp.

But honestly i think that this should be different with pirates, i don't think that a pirate should be penalized for attacking any nation, including an other pirate.

• Like 1

Look, I'm probably gonna her ridiculed for this comment but we must remember that the rules for pirates are that they can attack their own. These images may just be new players who don't understand this rule. Naval action has only been in EA for a few days so I don't think a ban is the the best move now as the people involved probably won't understand what they did.

I think that the best bet is a personal message to these players explaining what they did wrong so they know for the future and say no more about it.

It also may be a good idea to create a Video about the pirate faction and how it works. This may clear up one or two things and make players change their mind at the same time.

It was stated above:

Green on gree dmge is not allowed! For everyone.

If you decided to join a player on his side you are his allied for the fight. No exclusions.

If a pirate wants to attack another pirate he has to jump in as red. Or attack him on the OS.

Oh and it is bannable. However I dont know whats needed to deserve that punishment. How much dmge to farm and so on..

You can't join the attacking side.

Two players who were obviously together.. given the names. Due to a bug one was put on your team.

It's a broken mechanic currently~ but regardless you were being attacked. The only reason he's on your team is because the game forced him there.

Any new players wouldn't know this

• Like 1

as pirate you can join whatever side you want.

If he was outside of the attack circle he was still on the OS. Not beeing soaked into the fight.

Outside he had the choice. go that pirate side or the other pirate side.

Which is perfectly fine. What is absolutely bad is that he shot his ally.

There was no bug joining the wrong side so far. If thats new, fine.

But I highly suspect he went in on the wrong side willingly.

Either way he should report in here what he has done.

I dont know what game you are playing but..

Friendly dmge gives you minus 3 time XP.

So no: he wont get any positive XP out of that fight.

I am not 100% sure but I believe pirate vs pirate XP is turned off. Means if you attack another pirate OS you cant farm him for dmge as it was done pre- EA.

Devs said that they will turn off pirat vs pirat pvp xp in the next big patch.

This will take a while.

As a national player i am really pissed off by the situation with the pirats cheating their rank levels up by doing pvp against their own without sinking each other. Thats a common situation on the pirat side.

This needs an hotfix...even then the damage to game balancing is allready done

Honestly the "GAY" clan has been killing friendslies even from KOTO, they joined a few of our members missions and used grape to kill their crew and steal their ship.

Maybe this guy was affected too by such an attack and think it is just to get his revenge? Personally its not but do not the actions of your clan affects the view and outcome of action from others and this can also be done in the nations.

As for the pirates able to join a side currently they are only able to join the defending side and not the attacking so this could also be another reason for him attacking friendly because he was not able to join the side he wanted to start with.

I hope that makes sense ^^'

From Keeper of the Oath and Lord protector of Frozen Cay - Salzi

as pirate you can join whatever side you want.

If he was outside of the attack circle he was still on the OS. Not beeing soaked into the fight.

Outside he had the choice. go that pirate side or the other pirate side.

Which is perfectly fine. What is absolutely bad is that he shot his ally.

There was no bug joining the wrong side so far. If thats new, fine.

But I highly suspect he went in on the wrong side willingly.

Either way he should report in here what he has done.

No you can't, you can only join the defenders currently. - We just checked.

This just lets Pirates shoot each other and gain MASSIVE  XP..... With no penalty

Total  Hack  IMHO................

It's already off... there were attacking a trader to take it's stuff~

Devs said that they will turn off pirat vs pirat pvp xp in the next big patch.

This will take a while.

As a national player i am really pissed off by the situation with the pirats cheating their rank levels up by doing pvp against their own without sinking each other. Thats a common situation on the pirat side.

This needs an hotfix...even then the damage to game balancing is allready done

Again, It's already off.. That's why there is no kill/assist xp right now~

I am so sick of this anti-pirate bs pirate bit.

Those doing this exp and gold farming thing are only NEW players, not the more experienced ones such as myself.

I have only done this once to train a new player about fighting and boarding.

I am fully against this farming method and think it disgraces the pirates as do many others.

Hell, pirates are working very well together and I saw proof first hand. Yesterday I joined a battle of 10 pirate cutters and 2 yachts myself included fighting a British Renommee and successfully demanding and sinking it.

That's the main fight going on around MT as we have plenty of British ships coming and going.

I'm pretty sure Admin said they were going to turn this off due to lame ass cheater pirates using the incredibly broken and underdeveloped pirate mechanics to gain XP..

but im not sure if they have turned it Pirate v Pirate off...

Personally I'd rather they perma-ban all the people who got caught exploiting it instead of removing it due to exploitation...but eh

and @Marx

They removed kill/bonus xp to slow down ranking..and because douchebags were exploiting it...

and again...should just perma-ban the exploiters rather than shaft the entire community..

Completely agree to banning those exploiting it.. But I don't think in this case it is an exploit rather than a broken mechanic currently.

Hoping the the kill/assist xp to be back in soon.. missions all day is kind of eye bleedy~

Im not speaking about the kill or assist xp that is horrible low.

Im talking about the pvp damage xp the pirats get by shooting each other till short bevor sinking.

Thats the big problem.

As far as I know, turned off as well. I havn't been seeing it happening as the damage xp is less than 50 for all sides of a Niagra or less~ Without the kill and assist xp.. it's not viable or even worth using.

If a pirate wants to attack another pirate he has to jump in as red.

As Marx said, this is false. If a Pirate attacks a Pirate on the open sea, all Pirates other than the attacker are placed on the defending side, even if they are in a group with the attacker. Once the battle is placed on the open sea, Pirates are only allowed to join the defending side.

Until these mechanics are fixed, I am sure you guys will be seeing more Green on Green Pirate reports. Sadly the Pirate v Pirate mechanics are incredibly lacking right now.

Pirate vs Pirate joining mechanic has been broken for more than a month(s) by now and it kind of sums up the image of pirates being friendly bunch of peace loving nation builders until this point that nobody hasn't even noticed it until the flood gates got opened.

Question is: will pirate green on green damage be allowed until this mechanic is fixed like last time when it was broken?

I'm not sure what all the previous posts are about, all I'm posting here is that these guys were purposely gaming the system to gain an advantage. Purposely spawning on my team and using the close range to demast/shoot sails. I'm sure eventually the pirate mechanics will be worked out, but since they did this multiple times (i escaped the first time) it's obvious they knew what they were doing. 

Queeb, I think the confusion is that these guys are more than likely together. Due to the game mechanics, they can not ever be on the same team. So how can people justify punishing someone for green on green because the game mechanics don't allow them to be on the same team. It isn't gaming the system, because joining the battle on your side is the ONLY way to get into the battle.