Game-Labs Forum

Attacking Friendly Traders And Getting Back To Port

NiMiTz

post-17394-0-37422000-1453673129_thumb.pngI recently saw a player attack a friendly trader and take his ship.

When I asked how and why he would do this to his nation this was his reply

What are your opinions on this?

EDIT

Since he directly says

Hohh20:You just have to get back to a us port before any players attack you so that your pirate status goes away.

(Note this can be seen in the screenshot on the first post).

This directly admits that he was attacking a "clean" trader (since he had pirate status).

I find it kinda bad that people such as him can go and farm a friendly trader, sail to a friendly port, get pirate status removed, then repeat doing the same thing. 

If clean and legitimate traders arent able to trade without fear of being attacked by their nation, that poses an issue to trading. 

Edited by NiMiTz

Since he directly says

Hohh20:You just have to get back to a us port before any players attack you so that your pirate status goes away.

(Note this can be seen in the screenshot on the first post).

This directly admits that he was attacking a "clean" trader (since he had pirate status).

I find it kinda bad that people such as him can go and farm a friendly trader, sail to a friendly port, get pirate status removed, then repeat doing the same thing. 

If clean and legitimate traders arent able to trade without fear of being attacked by their nation, that poses an issue to trading. 

attachicon.gifCapture.PNGI recently saw a player attack a friendly trader and take his ship.

When I asked how and why he would do this to his nation this was his reply

What are your opinions on this?

He was probably misinformed.

• If you attack a trader with a counterband you can freely capture it even if it is of your nation.
  • Attacking a national trader who is not carrying counterband (or any player of your nation) will make you a pirate if you are pulled into instance.

If you are not pulled into instance attack does not start and you keep your status.

I think this is a case you are talking about. 

• He initiated the attack (20sec timer) but entered the port BEFORE the battle started. 
  • Because attack did not start (he did not enter the instance) he keeps his nation.

• 2 weeks later...