Game-Labs Forum

Copy Server

Weltenfeind77

Why you guys dont Copy the PVP 1 Server on PVP 2?

i dont like to wait so long to join my ships...

400 Player before me in que that annoying.

And why are the Missions open for everyone?

That sucks realy hard.

Because things change differently between the servers, different ports in different hands, buying/selling items, etc.  In some cases, you're trying to prevent the enemy from getting certain resources, and that's impossible if you have to do so across 2, 3, or 4 servers, which removes the entire meta-game of conquest.  There are no games on the market in this style that actually even allow you to have the same character and XP across two servers.  The Developers are evaluating gold being shared, but individual assets would be difficult and hard to prevent exploits.

• Like 2

Just wait for more servers OR bigger server capacity. The devs have been overwhelmed lately, it's natural to run into problems, the very first days of Early Access. I 'm also frustrated that I can't join. I just play something else until the game is accessible again :)

Because things change differently between the servers, different ports in different hands, buying/selling items, etc.  In some cases, you're trying to prevent the enemy from getting certain resources, and that's impossible if you have to do so across 2, 3, or 4 servers, which removes the entire meta-game of conquest.  There are no games on the market in this style that actually even allow you to have the same character and XP across two servers.  The Developers are evaluating gold being shared, but individual assets would be difficult and hard to prevent exploits.

OK  yes that is true

While i agree two servers with the same data is not a good idea, we all must agree that a fix for the average of 1 hour waiting queues for the EU server must be top 1 on the to fix list. Not normal at all that i spend half of the time i have to play waiting to enter the server. 

What i wonder is, why having a US server if all the americans clans have already said they play in the EU server to play against the Europeans? The US server is always as much at half capacity. Having two exact servers  doesn't make much sense imo when 70-80% of the players play just in the EU one.

The american clans said this long time ago, so this was predictable and therefore the servers shouldn't have the same capacity. Also, no comments on the PVE server, hope it is different from the other ones as i don't know anyone that plays there.

So without much knowledge of the limitations of either the game or the server infraestructure, the most logical fix for this that comes to my mind is dividing the total of the available server infraestructure by the average players per server.

The capacity of the server is hardware related.  It's not a situation where they can simply press a button and dial up a higher capacity, it's restricted by the hardware itself.  I can not personally reveal the exact limitation, but it does not involve throwing more or faster at it.  It was, however, set a little lower than the theoretical maximum to ensure stability over the weekend.

The developers will be slowly raising the overall capacity of the PvP1 until they find the actual stable player limit this week.  It is a top priority, but it is not something that is quickly or easily fixed.

Thank you for your patience.

The capacity of the server is hardware related.  It's not a situation where they can simply press a button and dial up a higher capacity, it's restricted by the hardware itself.  I can not personally reveal the exact limitation, but it does not involve throwing more or faster at it.  It was, however, set a little lower than the theoretical maximum to ensure stability over the weekend.

The developers will be slowly raising the overall capacity of the PvP1 until they find the actual stable player limit this week.  It is a top priority, but it is not something that is quickly or easily fixed.

Thank you for your patience.

Yeah of course i understand  a server is hardware limited and it's set to perform a little lower to his maximum to ensure stability. What i meant was dividing the available hardware of the company into the players per server, so the EU pvp server that is always with 125% percent of the maximum number of players have more hardware than the US PVP server that has an average of 75% players.

Just an idea. Thanks for reading my comment.