Game-Labs Forum

Political Situation (PvP 1 EU)

BramtheDutch

You seem as always fixated on us sir... I can assure you when we are able,  we will aid our allies the Spanish as soon as we have established bases close enough to give support.

until then sir

Is that before or after you guys finish conquering your ally's Hispaniola ports. :P

• Like 3

There is a bit of irony embedded in having to fight over whether we are at war or not. :)

I'm not fighting about it, I'm just saying saying it needs to be re-evaluated.  There isn't really war without conflict.  It is kind of hard to say you are at war when neither side is attacking the other and both are keeping their distance.  Unless you Brits think a war of words is war and action isn't what counts.

Hi, I'm Thomas Pain, Commanding Tattered Flags, US naval fleet, PvP1 EU...

Prater is correct. There is no war as far as the US leading clans are concerned. If you want war, then wage it. Otherwise we are simply hostile towards each other and that is what should be reflected in the report. It is only logical.

The view of TF and TDA at the beginning of this map was that it was a new map and a new day. The world was reset. We assumed everyone was simply hostile and that relationships would be renewed or ignored. We saw the Brits as a rival but not a nation we were at war with. We have no contact with them as has been redundantly stated.

If the Spanish are dumb enough to be the Brits lap dogs and eat of their scraps then that is their right. We offered an olive branch and they refused. I will remind them here and only once. This is a mistake on their part. Making friends with the British makes sense. They are to week and spread out to do much more than make friends. They should have made friends with us as well instead of threatening war in the name of Britian. Almost none of their ports have timers on them and all of ours do. We could hammer Cuba tomorrow and remove the need for the Brits to get a port close to us. We'd be coming to them. The only thing that can come from a war between Britian and the US is that the Dons get crushed in the middle. How do the Dons win by this? They are already being crushed by the Danes in the east and the Dutch in the South. Do they really want to fight on another front and in the name of their masters?

• Like 2

USN nothing has changed! We still consider ourselves at war with you despite your quibbling over its terminology, you are at war or hostile against Spain, we are their Allies and we will aid them.....

I must admit though USN, you practice your diplomacy with a sledge hammer, belittling those you seek to befriend, hurling accusations and black propaganda... is it no wonder the Spanish will have no dealings with you. The USN attitude isolates it, while clearly the Swedes, French, British and Spain have a solid working relationship.... build on trust and constant communication.

Friends are not gained with threats gentlemen. ;)

• Like 1

Friends are not gained with threats gentlemen. ;)

Nor are they gained with passive aggressive rhetoric. 

So be it. You can aggrandise you position as much as you like. Your position and politics reveal yourself sir.

As for claiming entire nations are allied with each other... perhaps we should all make qualifiers on this

May be a good place to add this.

A Pirate coalition has formed between several major clans who have signed up to a charter or understanding which includes rules around inter National aggression and coĺlaborative working.

We will be providing more information and the charter for public viewing at a later date. For now however the coalition has been responsible for the capture of Nassau and the surrounding ports, the capture of Little Inagua and the defence of Mayaguana from the British and La Desconcidia from the US.

The coalition is currently made up of the following Pirate clans.

KOTO

RUBLI

BIA

BLACK

MOD

DREAD

BAN

This has resulted in a unification of over 200 Pirates. Each member is allowed its own Political Alliance when it comes to aggresion but must rally to any defence regardless of attacker.

To this end KOTO is allied with and will support RAE in any action they require outside of aggression towards the Pirate Nation.

More information will be passed on once it has been suitably documented.

Thank you.

Kuthara - Keeper of the Oath - Lord Protector of Nassau

• Like 2

May be a good place to add this.

A Pirate coalition has formed between several major clans who have signed up to a charter or understanding which includes rules around inter National aggression and coĺlaborative working.

We will be providing more information and the charter for public viewing at a later date. For now however the coalition has been responsible for the capture of Nassau and the surrounding ports, the capture of Little Inagua and the defence of Mayaguana from the British and La Desconcidia from the US.

The coalition is currently made up of the following Pirate clans.

KOTO

RUBLI

BIA

BLACK

MOD

DREAD

BAN

This has resulted in a unification of over 200 Pirates. Each member is allowed its own Political Alliance when it comes to aggresion but must rally to any defence regardless of attacker.

To this end KOTO is allied with and will support RAE in any action they require outside of aggression towards the Pirate Nation.

More information will be passed on once it has been suitably documented.

Thank you.

Kuthara - Keeper of the Oath - Lord Protector of Nassau

I will ad this in this weekend. Edited by bramluijken

Nor are they gained with passive aggressive rhetoric. 

So be it. You can aggrandise you position as much as you like. Your position and politics reveal yourself sir.

As for claiming entire nations are allied with each other... perhaps we should all make qualifiers on this

I'll remind you in pre wipe we had a good working relationship against the pirate scourge, however elements within your group told me that they wanted war with us 'the SLRN' and they instigated it. Post wipe I've seen nothing on these forums but drum beating and constant calls for the ending of British tyranny. Does that sound like the basis of a good working relationship again? For us nothing has changed, we see the same old attitude from the USN and will deal with it in the same old way.

Unless we see positive steps from the USN we'll maintain our stance and give our full support to our ally (Spain) that we have stood beside since early OW. The other major allied clans feel the same.

The USN and Dutch actually approached us to form a pact with the Pirates against the British Empire pre wipe.

Within a day of us agreeing to cease hostilities against the US and instead turn our eyes south members of the pact on the US side were sitting outside MT camping noob Pirates. As you can imagine the pact was swiftly torn up and that is why the Bahamas were 'freed'.

Edited by Kutai

The USN and Dutch actually approached us to form a pact with the Pirates against the British Empire pre wipe.

Within a day of us agreeing to cease hostilities against the US and instead turn our eyes south members of the pact on the US side were sitting outside MT camping noob Pirates. As you can imagine the pact was swiftly torn up and that is why the Bahamas were 'freed'.

The USN & Dutch siding with Pirates.... how low can they stoop!!!

Yes my black hearted friend, the USN cannot be trusted.

Actually the only pirate to sign was nornica - by himself lol.

Kot0 was going to and pulled out.

Simply put. It was never going to happen because most pirates at the start bowed to no clan and attacked US straight away - inevitably US players (freelance and clan) responded.

TBH the more i think of it the more i really do believe that once you create a clan you shouldn't belong to any nation. you can pretend if you like, but then TRUE wars can commence. 

for eg. SLRN and TDA could truly be at war and no collateral damage from independent players could occur.

Actually the only pirate to sign was nornica - by himself lol.

Kot0 was going to and pulled out.

Simply put. It was never going to happen because most pirates at the start bowed to no clan and attacked US straight away - inevitably US players (freelance and clan) responded.

TBH the more i think of it the more i really do believe that once you create a clan you shouldn't belong to any nation. you can pretend if you like, but then TRUE wars can commence. 

for eg. SLRN and TDA could truly be at war and no collateral damage from independent players could occur.

'ACTUALLY' KotO did sign. As did BLACK, BIA and I think RUM. All, including Norn pulled out after the aggressive actions outside of MT. At which point our names were crossed off the charter. 

USN was given the opportunity to pull out of the conflict outside of MT where TDA were targeting new players just outside of the reinforcement zone however they decided they would rather see the dissolution of the pact than leave some new players alone.

Edited by Kutai

Oh yes, the loss of all spanish ports of Florida was a tasty "olive branch" yeah. The breakfast of any spanish player was more tasty every morning seeing the long list of ports steam rolled in the night, without pre-warning, but maybe it was "your rightfull divine destiny" I guess.

For Pig Cloud's sake! Your "olive branch" was a little... gross and hurts. So gross that it is more a club. You see Spain as a weak and sick babyseal, and sealclubbing is your great diplomatic approach.

And the use of night conquest and port timing window as diplomatic weapon is the iceing of the cake.

? we take ports when we are on - like any other group.

We set times to defend - again when we are on. Why would we set a time that gifts the port to you?

So far each nation (up around Florida anyway) has had it easy taking Starter ports. We will soon find out how well setting times to take ports pans out or if we all just stagnate.

Oh yes, the loss of all spanish ports of Florida was a tasty "olive branch" yeah. The breakfast of any spanish player was more tasty every morning seeing the long list of ports steam rolled in the night, without pre-warning, but maybe it was "your rightfull divine destiny" I guess.

For Pig Cloud's sake! Your "olive branch" was a little... gross and hurts. So gross that it is more a club. You see Spain as a weak and sick babyseal, and sealclubbing is your great diplomatic approach.

And the use of night conquest and port timing window as diplomatic weapon is the iceing of the cake.

You know that the US is in a diffrent timezone right?

When It's night in Europe they have the most players online because itis still day then in the US, can't blaim them for having a diffrent timezone!

'ACTUALLY' KotO did sign. As did BLACK, BIA and I think RUM. All, including Norn pulled out after the aggressive actions outside of MT. At which point our names were crossed off the charter. 

USN was given the opportunity to pull out of the conflict outside of MT where TDA were targeting new players just outside of the reinforcement zone however they decided they would rather see the dissolution of the pact than leave some new players alone.

This not only shows the true colours of the USN but also shows a level of treachery as yet unheard of... if this was all pre-wipe they had an agreement with us of mutual support against you the pirates!

tut tut USN

I am not stupid, I know the mechanic perfectly yes, but I was speaking about they use that as "diplomatic weapon" using it as a reason for grew fear in our hearts. I was speaking in role playing mode anyway and Ididn't want speak about broken mechanics here. BTW maybe is more fair all ports open and let the night-flipping party begin.

Of course, they can set that window, but they are using it for force an alliance with Spain. I was spaking from a diplomatic point of view.

1- USA conquest first.

2- USA approach with a proposed alliance. 

3- USA use the time window as threat if alliance is not signed.

They have invert the steps, the correct is first, you send a proposal and if rejected then war.

But now when they are alone, they see their mistakes and want turn back the landscape, but again, with a new wrong approach. 

• Like 1

Goodness, so much to respond to.

Caldwell, you protest to much.

Sanchez,

To Mr. Johny Rebb aka Thomas Pain:

"If the Spanish are dumb enough to be the Brits lap dogs and eat of their scraps...", may I suggest that you find another diplomat in your faction?. Because if you keep talking as if you were Theodore Roosevelt, soon or later everyone in this server will team up just for close your mouth.

You offer a carrot in one hand and "the big stick" in the other. Even you refer to a broken mechanic to threaten us (yes, we can´t set our home port timers and you can take what you want while we sleep), you are a shameless.

Before the wipe we had worked out a non-aggression pact with you and had considered your nation friendly as far back as the original redeemables. We even suggested before the wipe that you pulled back to Cuba as you were being defeated in Puerto Rico by the Danes, as you are being pushed back now. We suggested that the Danes really only had one way to push and that was in your direction and that you would have a much more stable base in Cuba especially considering the good relationship we had with you as well as your relationship with the Brits.

At the wipe, we have been relatively friendly with you. We have had all the power to take your ports on Cuba and have not. We specifically chose not to. The only ports we have gone after are those on the coast of the US. We see this as our "manifest destiny." We actually didn't think you would bat an eye at it initially and chalked up the taking of ports in the keys to the noobs coming in. They were taken in a noobish way as they didn't even set port timers after they took them. We weren't sure if it was even your group doing it. Before waging all out war on you, which we didn't want, we came to you (Pepepatamo) to clarify your position and your(RAE's) view of us. I was told RAE had nothing against us and had actually moved two of your three groups out of Northern Cuba leaving behind an Italian leveling group for new players. Now we find out that that was a lie.

Let me ask you and the others in your nation this. We begin this map with few ports far away in the North and only one direction to expand, South. There is nowhere else to go for us. Do you really think we are gonna concede Florida to anyone? That we aren't gonna fight tooth and nail for Florida? That just doesn't make any logical sense and your nation should understand that.

I have been nothing but cordial and friendly with the Spanish nation up until the last post I made in which you now accuse me of using threats. I am more than willing to post my entire diplomatic conversation with Pep if the world court needs to see it in order to see who threw the first stone. We suggested, not an alliance, but an agreement. We were not attempting to get you on our side against the Brits. As has been stated we don't consider ourselves at war with them and we are very aware of your relationship with them. You made that clear before the wipe.

We simply suggested a way to divide up territory. We wanted Florida and the coast of the US to Esteros in exchange for your total control of Cuba and the southern ports in the Gulf of Mexico. We then suggested we could split the Bahamas into thirds. Us with out current Bahama ports and the Dons could have the middle third. I offered than to operate mutually to check the pirates against aggression that would undoubtedly come from this arrangement.

And here is the kicker to all those haters out there that think we are just out for ourselves and lack credibility or honor.....    I offered to take a port on Cuba, one at a time, and not set a port timer which would allow the Dons to retake it the following day and set a port timer on their home ports. This would have given them protection against both the Pirates and the US.

In a negotiation there is usually a counter offer. We received none. If the Dons want to war with us then they could have simply said they were not interested in making any agreements at the moment. They did not respond this way. They responded essentially, by saying Go to Hell. A very rude and undiplomatic way to say they weren't interested. That was the first stone thrown and the next was when we found out here in this thread that you in fact were dishonest with us from the get go and the Brits have the gull to attack our honor and integrity? You have the gull to imply we have no honor.

Even with all this we still have chosen not to take your ports on Cuba. We still hold out the olive branch with our original offer but don't expect us not to point out your weaknesses and respond to your hostility.

• Like 2