Game-Labs Forum

Political Situation (PvP 1 EU)

BramtheDutch

If this is for PvP 1 you should state so since the Diplo relations are VERY different between server 1 and 2.

[O4V] is a Pirate PvP2 clan but like I said you should divide PvP 1 Relations as well as PvP 2 other then that this is really cool and you should keep it going. :)

These are the politics and clans for PVP 1 EU I think a PVP 2 or 3 player should make a politics post on that server and add you there, since there is no point in adding a PVP 2 clan into the PVP 1 politics.

I would like to question whether Britain and the US really are at war.  That is carry over from pre-wipe, and the British, if they are indeed at war with the US, has not paid us any interest.  It is kind of weird, to say you are at war, when there are no hostilities of any type.

You'd look rather silly if it wasn't war with all your drum beating! ;)

It is our Duty to fight for the Forces of Liberty and to Stop the Spread of Tyranny that is consuming the world in the form of the British Empire and the Anarchy that follows in the wake of the Pirate advance.

Organize, work together, fight and have fun!  Glory and Honor Awaits!

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/8213-join-the-united-states-navy/

First of all, that was pre-wipe, when the "world was ending."  The world is a difference place after EA.

Second of all, that is a recruitment thread to stop US players from joining the RN just because it is the RN and the Aubrey and Hornblowers series. 

Third, if you are really at war with us, then the lack of hostility against us is rather silly.

Fourth, historically, British ships were hostile to US ones even outside of war.  If there really is a war, you need a fleet in the upper Bahamas and along the US coast.  Otherwise, I think relations should be rather minor hostilities or hostile, because really, there isn't a "state of war" between us.  There is not at the moment armed conflict.  Nations can be hostile against each other, without there being a state of war.

• Like 2

That the Brits have convinced the Spanish to declare war on the U.S., against their own best interests, can be interpreted as either a warlike provocation or masterful manipulation. Perhaps both.

The U.S. would have welcomed the Spanish as allies, but it appears the Spanish have chosen poorly, opting instead for an ally who does not share their New World geography, and who will be quick to abandon them as soon as political expediency necessitates.

As for myself I harbor no undue bellicosity towards the British; if they wish to stay removed from the Americas and American interests, I would have no problem calling the relationship whatever it needs to be called. But because of the lack of ingame enforced diplomacy there will always be aggression by both sides against players, when paths do meet, so I think "hostile" is apt.

Edited by 'Sharpe

Well with the changes the wipe has brought perhaps we should rethink our old hostilities. Certainly there have been some hostility and transgressions, but Surely there is room for reasonable men to make reasonable compromises. The prosperity of the Caribbean is something we can all share in, and once the United States is secure that her home ports are safe from pernicious raiders I'm sure she is more than happy to trade with her British kin.  :)

I'm not really talking about changing anything, though there is definitely room for that discussion, however, there is currently not a state of war between Britain and the US.  There may be hostilities, but there is no actual armed conflict atm.  How you can be in a fighting war without actually fighting, I don't know.  The Cold War was not an actual war between the USSR and the US and that is basically how it is between the British and the US right now.

Also, TDA L1 leadership includes Northern Wolves, Leviathan, Chustler and Prater, though I am not speaking for TDA.  TF leadership that I know of is Thomas Pain and Boomsplat/Stephen Decatur.

I'm just making the point that it is silly for the politics to say there is war when there actually isn't any fighting.

That the Brits have convinced the Spanish to declare war on the U.S., against their own best interests, can be interpreted as either a warlike provocation or masterful manipulation. Perhaps both.

Masterful manipulation of Europe's bedbound sick man who's undergoing delusions of grandeur fueled by massive silver-poisoning? :P

Britain can keep "war" if they so choose to "be at war" and not actually fight, but I will get the leadership of TDA and TF to talk if we want it changed under our heading to "hostile."  One doesn't have to be at war to be hostile towards enemy ships.  War means war.  Not some "we aren't currently fighting" state.

Extremely interesting and informative, tanks for this, playing French, mostly as a solo trader/crafter it's sometimes very hard to know what is going on, you are more or less left out of those geopolitical relations, not have a word to say of course but not really informed either ...

This brings me to something else : is there some kind of thread for solo players or tiny groups who are more based on trading to favor the economical relations between nations ? Like 2 players organizing meetings in some free towns at the borders of them territories to trade resources abundant in them lands ? 

I'll be very interested by something like this to find commercial contacts o nthe Nations near to mine, I imagine all the clans listed here already do it at a large scale but for solo players or tiny group of players is there something existing to build economical relationship between gentleman so we the small ants can try to survive doing our little business out of those large clans and geopolitical alliances ? 

Thanks in advance.

Britain can keep "war" if they so choose to "be at war" and not actually fight, but I will get the leadership of TDA and TF to talk if we want it changed under our heading to "hostile."  One doesn't have to be at war to be hostile towards enemy ships.  War means war.  Not some "we aren't going to fight you" state.

You seem as always fixated on us sir... I can assure you when we are able,  we will aid our allies the Spanish as soon as we have established bases close enough to give support.

until then sir