Game-Labs Forum

Darker Night Battles.

So i started playing this game yesterday and I'm really enjoying it so far, however, I'm finding night time not very immersive, its way to bright. Now i know there could be some balancing issues with this idea involving NPC's but hear me out.

What i have in mind is much darker nights in battle zones. We would have to guess distance/ speed and direction of travel by lights on the ships (cabin lights, candle light on crows nest and on the deck, etc...) and also the cannon muzzle flash in the pitch black would not only look really cool but give a good indication of the range the ships are at. Of coarse on a clear night it would be brighter due to the moon's refection and on cloudy overcast nights it would be much darker. 

So there are a few problems we would have to overcome and these are the problems i can think of at the moment:

1. A colored light placed on top a a mast so we can tell what team everyone is on (Green/Red).

2.If it was implemented outside of PvP and involved NPC's then the NPC's would need tweaking due to them being way to powerful (its not like they need to see in the dark now is there). 

3. This could be implemented into the open sea roam as well, all we would need to do is to put a buoy with a light on where the mission instances are. This would solve the issue of finding them at night time.

Its 6:30 in the morning and i have been up all night so this might be OTT but i would like to hear what you peeps think of the idea and any criticism you might have. Thanks for reading the block text ;)

-Phex Ezriel

Well it might be challenging to fight a battle with close to zero visibility and the gunflashes might look really great in a pitch black night. BUT I assume that most players simply would be annoyed and to not get a disadvantage and maybe get an advantage over others they would turn up gamma settings (ingame or on clientside) and the final product would be an annoyed player with a "normal" game with bad contrast/colours.

Same happened in ARK.

Edited by Captain Obido