Game-Labs Forum

Teamspeak 3 Causing Client.exe Error

Catfish Quinn

Greetings Captains,

I'm encountering a pretty frustrating error.

My game runs fine. Yeah. Beautiful sea, pretty lights in my Yacht's cabin etc etc.

Except when I try to talk to my guildies on teamspeak. Then, it crashes. Instantly. Every time.

If I have teamspeak running and I launch naval action, white screen then instant client.exe stopped responding. If I get all the way into game and then try to launch teamspeak... insta crash.

I have verified files. I have reinstalled entirely. I have played around with my monitor settings (I am running surroundx or whatever the geforce multi monitor thing is called.) Completely going back to just a one monitor setup doesnt help.

I'm not sure what else to try.

I've sent the crash report via steam and everything.

Any thoughts?

Catfish

Greetings Captains,

I'm encountering a pretty frustrating error.

My game runs fine. Yeah. Beautiful sea, pretty lights in my Yacht's cabin etc etc.

Except when I try to talk to my guildies on teamspeak. Then, it crashes. Instantly. Every time.

If I have teamspeak running and I launch naval action, white screen then instant client.exe stopped responding. If I get all the way into game and then try to launch teamspeak... insta crash.

I have verified files. I have reinstalled entirely. I have played around with my monitor settings (I am running surroundx or whatever the geforce multi monitor thing is called.) Completely going back to just a one monitor setup doesnt help.

I'm not sure what else to try.

I've sent the crash report via steam and everything.

Any thoughts?

Catfish

Can you provide the report number you've sent (like NAS-XXXX)?

I don't think I'm using the Overlay. I have overwolf but Im not using it. I'm trying to find an indication that overlay is active and I dont see it in any of the settings. So, I just tabbed over here to write this response and when I went back to my Naval Action client it crashed on me again. Could be related.

Oh wait, no...the reason it crashed was because I opened Teamspeak to check to see if I had the overlay... lol. Definitely caused by TS again.

Edited by Catfish Quinn

Yes, hooks into the application often cause these crashes.  I have it often with video recording software.  If you have applications like Overwatch or video recording software, and experience crashes, try turning off the hook first.  For example, you can use Team Speak without Overwatch, and often, with video recording, you can use a record desktop function instead of it trying to hook into the application.