Game-Labs Forum

Playing as a group no longer XP effective. Solo missions boring

As the only effective way to grind is now doing solo missions, and that is boring as hell...my time to burn-out on this game is going to come MUCH quicker.

Please put assist and kill xp back to something approaching rewarding.

• Like 2

This is a known issue

Kill and Assist xp was lowered to stop the surrender exploit.

We found the way to fix this and will increase kill xp and assist xp next week.

Please don't make the assist xp the way it was pre-wipe it was way to lenient to give out xp and was easily exploitable. By having 1 person be in a much bigger ship it was way to easy for smaller levels to gain xp by assisting, I think that the xp by damage now is good. It shouldn't be about boosting all of the lower levels by bringing them into battles where they are of no use but can gain assist xp. Lower levels should grind together not rely on those in bigger ships. You also have the problem of 1 ship giving to much xp as there was no limit for the amount of assists given out.

• Like 3

As the only effective way to grind is now doing solo missions, and that is boring as hell...my time to burn-out on this game is going to come MUCH quicker.

Please put assist and kill xp back to something approaching rewarding.

Awesome question

This is a known issue

Thanks for the reply Im excited to get those massive PVE fleets back up and running

This is a known issue

I sure hope so. I'm not a person that can put 80 hrs a week into this game just to get a few thousand xp. Was starting to wonder why gaining XP was so hard compared to when it was in closed alpha just a few weeks ago.

Playing in a group is no longer effective. With xp based purely on dmg done, more guys means less xp cause they do dmg which u could be doing. It should be the other way around in every online game. You should be rewarded for grouping up!

I've also found zero loot when engaged in a fleet battle, for anyone.  We had a small group the other night (just three small cutters) and engaged in a half dozen battles with 3-4 AI ships each time, and were generally victorious with zero loot (ie. hampering money gains).  I'm fine with the damage XP etc., but it's damn hard to gain useful coinage.