Game-Labs Forum

Thank you.

I for one am very proud to have been a part of the earliest builds and am looking forward to many more. It is my greatest hope that this stays historically based and that gamey things don't start to creep in. This game is not like any other game and I hope it stays that way. I hope do devs and admin that you do not give in to the pressure that often comes from those coming from other games that really want to be playing an anime version of this game.

Dear Captains.

We would like to express eternal gratitude for helping us make Naval Action happen. We dreamed about recreating beautiful age of sail battles as they should be since we were small kids. Thank you for supporting us during early days and for your continued support going forward!

We won't let you down!

ps. Steam page is open now.

Feel free to add the reviews - we need them!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/311310

It's a great game and I enjoyed playing it till yesterday evening, because of the following stuff that happened.

The Dutch on EU pvp 3 mirror got totally steamrolled yesterday evening by the swedes , quite some players left the faction already because our whole starters area is captured. ( Zoutman / Fort Oranje + 3 other ports )

First of all , please make the starters area(protected area) bigger so you can still do some questing if loads of ports are getting captured.(missions should actually spawn inside that protected area)

People got ganked yesterday around Willemstad as soon as they left the protected area (20/30 swedes were waiting outside while a group of 25 kept on capturing other ports) , it's just stupid you can't do anymore questing around your starters area and get forced to log off because you can't do shit about it.

Besides that it shouldn't be possible to conquer 5 ports in a 3 hour time span , that's just ridiculous.

Please consider ''fixing'' these problems before it's too late and you lose allot of players.

Don't make the same mistakes as they did with PotBS please.

Edited by Jehuty

It's a great game and I enjoyed playing it till yesterday evening, because of the following stuff that happened.

The Dutch on EU pvp 3 mirror got totally steamrolled yesterday evening by the swedes , quite some players left the faction already because our whole starters area is captured. ( Zoutman / Fort Oranje + 3 other ports )

First of all , please make the starters area(protected area) bigger so you can still do some questing if loads of ports are getting captured.(missions should actually spawn inside that protected area)

People got ganked yesterday around Willemstad as soon as they left the protected area (20/30 swedes were waiting outside while a group of 25 kept on capturing other ports) , it's just stupid you can't do anymore questing around your starters area and get forced to log off because you can't do shit about it.

Besides that it shouldn't be possible to conquer 5 ports in a 3 hour time span , that's just ridiculous.

Please consider ''fixing'' these problems before it's too late and you lose allot of players.

Don't make the same mistakes as they did with PotBS please.

So all your ports are being attacked and still majority of players (and you amongst them) care only about missions instead of defending port? Well, you get only what you can take. 

If all you care is missions - welcome to the PVE server.

• Like 2

So all your ports are being attacked and still majority of players (and you amongst them) care only about missions instead of defending port? Well, you get only what you can take. 

If all you care is missions - welcome to the PVE server.

No I don't.

I actually tried to defend the port(s)

But it was 25vs5 because all the other players couldn't make it , they got attacked infront of the port.

Most of us tried to defend our ports , but they(the Swedish) had like 50/60 people outside Willemstad.

The Dutch don't even have that much people online as a whole most of the time , and to make things worse they had help from the Danish/Norwegion faction.

We don't have enough players to counter such an attack.

People that wanted to help got ganked by Swedish players waiting outside Willemstad , so couldn't help defending while they took our ports.

In the meanwhile , new players were complaining they couldn't do any missions and thus logging of.

They can't do shit in their cutters.

Edited by Jehuty

This is a growing problem/issue for many, not just the "smaller" nations/groups.  The PVP3 arena is merely the first to view and experience this situation.  When two or three ports are rolled over in a couple hours, there is an important issue to be identified and fixed.  If the groups could do it themselves...most would.  Lack of experience/major fighting weight is only part of the problem.  The environment and game mechanics seem to reflect short term goals only.  The balance needed to let more gamers persue their own style of play needs looking to.   Just say'n...Fair winds and cannon smoke to all.

Bought the game as soon as I saw it on Steam.....very impressed with the core mechanics of the ship combat. And looking forward to the game features being expanded upon and developed.....and please....please.....please.....DO NOT DUMB IT DOWN for the 'easy mode' brigade.....the developers in Pirates of the Burning sea listened those whiners !!!

• 3 weeks later...

You have the start of a really good sailing naval battle simulation here! 

Have you looked at Age of Empires - Napoleon naval battles? They have one of the better sailing naval battles program around (imho).  The ships have realistic weight, wind, motion and steering characteristics and it's noticed when a full broadside salvo is fired - the ship will heal in reaction; a very historically impressive realistic trait the engages the player. Another interesting add-on is the sounds in Napoleon, for example; when a canon to the left of your observation point is fired the distance and side is reflected in your speakers. So when you are attacked from port stern side your corresponding speaker (head phones to a lesser degree)  will have those sounds. 

You have a much better sailing model but these battle details will pay big when bringing the players into game battles.  

I really like the economy of this game, it's always interesting to see what shows up for cargo after capture. Nice feature.  

The crafting is excellent too and some players have really added significantly to the game by selling great ships - thanks. 

A question; do you have a surround sound update planned? I only notice the front speakers working not rear or center in the beta version? Am I missing something?

The old pre-patch crew assignment icon worked a little better and I felt was easier to understand I liked the red and green circles for preparation times for the various ships systems. However I do see the merit of the new system. 

I can only imagine how difficult it is to spend huge cargo load of hours developing this game and I encourage staff\developers to look on the positive side rather than take any of the non-constructive complaints seriously. You're going in the right direction and please keep up the good work and thanks. 

Bruce B

aka Buba Smith - yes my spelling ;o)

• Like 1

I just want to personally thank the developers and all the support staff for the creation of this game and all the hard work they are doing.

They will never be able to please everyone, and myself included i have ideas and thoughts but i think carefully if they are relevant before posting them haha. I am in no way looking for the game to be dumbed down though :)

Anyway, i have never had a game suck me in as much as this has, since getting it on the 25th Jan i am now up over 500 hours and its funny considering i don't actually do anything that exciting in game.

Thank you all, keep up your continued good work, and in amongst all the nonsense reviews or moaning children, just remember you have a fan base who play the game as it is meant to be played, and we appreciate everything you are doing.

Thanks

I have said what a great job I think the devs are doing before but I want to repeat it post recent patch.

I think they are doing a great job moving what was already an awesomely done "base game" alpha forward. They are listening to the community, but not pandering to it, and keeping their vision of what they wanted.. a "realistic" Age of Sail game.

The crew updates were great and more importantly the timer reduction to 2 minutes plus the "into the wind" sailing change where zero speed = zero turn made the act of sailing much more of a challenge and MUCH more fun.. You really have to plan ahead how and where you sail...just like you would in a ship. It's GREAT! Even when i was floundering in the wind getting wrecked by an AI ship, I was celebrating how good it was! Reading and using the wind is now much more part of the games combat, so it actually feels like Age of Sail, not World of Warships.

Also the promise of more crew changes . officers and morale, plus LAND in battles and port battles... I cant wait (well I can actually -  keep doing it right and in your own good time!) 

So far so awesome!

• Like 1

Thank you for the game i love it even whit the tuning that sometimes is little off, recent patch and crew management is very nice. Ofcourse it still needs bit tuning example allowing players to choose how much crew to allocate on jobs.

I really like the game and 500 played hours is nearing fast!

Thank you for making an age of sail game. I have been following you now about a year. I have been scathing sometimes, praising you at others. I don't know if you are aware but you are making more than a game. I have followed the forums now for a year and even from the very beginning people have been wanting much more from this game than just fun or a pastime. Instead, they want to relive a time gone past. They want to be immersed in a time when the world was different and much more free, for good or bad. 

This game, this touch with a different synthetic world provides an opportunity that one should not miss. Were you moved by such movies as Saving Private Ryan, The Passion of the Christ, and Shawshank Redemption? Were you not touched with sorrow when watching the movie, "The Color Purple"? If you didn't know it, a game can have these same almost life changing moments in them. They can be much more influential in persons life than a movie can, for good or bad. People often hoped to put things like slavery, drug running, hookers, and murder for hire in this game. As well, others wanted religion, crusades, missionaries, and such. 

Your game is so far turning into a place where almost anything can happen. Right now, you are focused on combat and resources. But do not take your eye off a bigger prize, an opportunity to help shape the minds and attitudes of a part of this generation. Will you faithfully rendition meaningful content, uplifting adventures, crusades for truth and justice in your world? Or will you allow drug peddling, slavery, and wickedness to be the goal and rule of the day. it is a great feeling to make something that introduces fun into the world, but is an unrepeatable feeling to worked and succeeded to make an impact for what is right in the world while also having fun doing it. God has given you an opportunity. I hope you faithfully use it wisely for positive service to all including yourselves.

Much of our modern world was formulated during the age of sail. The world said yes, and then no to slavery. The world threw off the yoke of kings, lords, barons, and dukes. Technology became something everyone could have as it was decided that it would not horded by the Knights Templar, Free Masons, or Kings Vaults, which were all taken out of seats of power. Christianity was spread around the world. Players have an opportunity to be immersed again in a world where these decisions and actions were made. Many small kingdoms were lost and large empires emerged. Only in the age of sail can these forgotten ideologies and battles for truth against tyranny happen again.

What will you fight for?

Edited by Sin Khan