Game-Labs Forum

Blue Harbor way not a Pitcure

When you get in to Port it's blue and dull, could it be possible to get a background picture of a port or something instead of that blue screen or maybe a green one :P

Should not be the hardest thing to do ;)

The GUI is far from finished. Rest assured we'll see some pretty pictures in the future.

• Like 1

UI will be last thing on the list.

I agree with OP, the change from sea to port is a pretty stark contrast and really hurts immersion. I imagine it will be raised by many over the next several days as EA opens.

I'm sure OP is not asking for menu changes or anything, something as simple as an era appropriate picture would likely suffice.

• Like 1

Yeah, the port UI/aesthetics should be a pretty low priority thing until they've  finished adding features that might require redoing the UI. However when its eventually worked on in some distant future, I kinda picture it being largely the same, just having a nice piece of artistic background similar to the Sid Meier's pirates games.

ZXNquO3.jpg

Again though, port UI is currently quite function and, as nice as it would be, prettying it up should be low priority for now.

Edited by Galaga Galaxian
  • Like 2

we will rework port UI after production buildings and several other features get in. 

we are aware it looks very technical

Admin, how about just slapping a pretty picture in the background as in post above  by Galaga ? I think it could be a small change with big immersion payoff.

• Like 2

The image in my crystal ball is getting clearer ... it is a person posting, "that picture is getting boring, can't you change it from port to port?"

The port UI's background is small potatoes. Let them get to it after more important issues *cough-crappy trading-cough* are adressed.