Game-Labs Forum

Reload shock change?

I have not been on the game for roughly a month but made time to play during the head-start period, So I was surprised to find a feature that effectively stops ALL reloading on a ship for 30 seconds....now after playing a bit with fellow clan members a few had the same opinion that it is a silly idea for 30 seconds to be the shock period, Given, we don't know if it changes with bigger ships but all the same can you imagine a crew stopping entirely for 30 seconds? Now fair enough seeing a fellow gun crew member have his head taken of with a cannon ball would be somewhat of a shock it doesn't equate to 30 seconds of the crew doing nothing, Surely the gun crew leader would be quick to get the crew back in working fashion again, A couple of suggestions that were made were maybe instead of a 30 second stop to all reloading maybe a 25% increase in reload time for the 30 seconds or just lower the 30 second duration, This would fit nicely with crew management later on as a more experienced crew would not be as shocked by the visions a war brings about, I am curious as to other people views on this feature and what they think of it.

• Like 2

I like the idea of it being a slowdown to reload rather than total halt. Perhaps the length and severity of the shock could be randomised, so sometimes we get the full halt for 30s and other times much shorter and less dramatic effect (or any combination of length/severity). Think this would make it feel more 'real' and less gamey. I'd also have it affect accuracy/shot dispersion as well. Eventually it would be really cool to see officers and crew experience (if we ever get that) have a mitigating effect.

Edited by Ratline
  • Like 2

I like the idea of it being a slowdown to reload rather than total halt. Perhaps the length and severity of the shock could be randomised, so sometimes we get the full halt for 30s and other times much shorter and less dramatic effect (or any combination of length/severity). Think this would make it feel more 'real' and less gamey. I'd also have it affect accuracy/shot dispersion as well. Eventually it would be really cool to see officers and crew experience (if we ever get that) have a mitigating effect.

Agree almost completely.  Instead of a randomized shock effect, I'd like to see it at least loosely based on the damage done by the last broadside (especially among the gun deck and crew), morale, crew health and fatigue (if those ever become factors), and yes crew experience/training as well.