Game-Labs Forum

Play with your friends even though they are from other factions?

Just watching one of Dingo's casts http://www.twitch.tv/o_dingo77 and was thinking if I was to sail with him as he is in the same time zone as me. But my mates are french (don't want to over load the english in my time zone) then to play with each other, we would have to be flying some special flag of truce that all agreed on.

To do this I would suggest that players flying the same auxilliary signal flags agreed on in advance and joining the same friends group in game automatically are able to sail with each other without the worry of somebody mistaking an ally for a foe. I am just putting it out there. It probably should be hard to sail with factions not allied in any case. The AI still attacking even if you are sailing with their friends.

P.S. I know that it can be done manually just be meeting up and joining battle after your friends of another faction have. I guess this is good enough, but what of the AI, booty sharing etc?

Alternately we could just make sure our factions were allied in the open world.

Just watching one of Dingo's casts http://www.twitch.tv/o_dingo77 and was thinking if I was to sail with him as he is in the same time zone as me. But my mates are french (don't want to over load the english in my time zone) then to play with each other, we would have to be flying some special flag of truce that all agreed on.

To do this I would suggest that players flying the same auxilliary signal flags agreed on in advance and joining the same friends group in game automatically are able to sail with each other without the worry of somebody mistaking an ally for a foe. I am just putting it out there. It probably should be hard to sail with factions not allied in any case. The AI still attacking even if you are sailing with their friends.

P.S. I know that it can be done manually just be meeting up and joining battle after your friends of another faction have. I guess this is good enough, but what of the AI, booty sharing etc?

Alternately we could just make sure our factions were allied in the open world.

It is technically possible and AI does not attack now. 

You just enter their battles on their side once they start the combat. But they have to ignore your nation NPCs or players. Because system will pull you in on the enemy side.

Also please report to the character limitations topic to cast your vote. Because previously you could just roll a second character to roll with the person you like and maybe switch to that nation permanently. 

• Like 1