Game-Labs Forum

Crafting Suggestions

I know the crafting is bare bones from what the developers want, however I can't seem to find any real info on what exactly the developers have planned. So I'm going to throw my idea out.

I believe the crafting needs to be broken up slightly, but the game offers some unique offers for crafting.

Each type  of craft profession would have its own rank.

-----------

Blacksmith/Metallurgist: 

All Things related to Metal. Blacksmith's or Metallurgists would be able to make cannons, modules relying on metal such as Swords, Axes, rifles, and ship parts relying on metal.

Carpenter:

like above, all things related to wood, with an exception. Ships need the base class of Carpenter to the appropriate level to be able to make a ship, while subsequent other crafts are needed at certain levels too.

Example: To build a Yacht, you need Carpenter lvl 3, Blacksmith lvl 2 to be able to build the ship. 

Trainer:

Trainers are a unique new crafting class. They rely on training modules that have to do with actual people, or written books in the art of giving crew a boost. They'd be able to make modules such as Marines, "Written Book on Cannoning" etc.

Ex: To make Marines, you need Cotton, or Hemp, + Module Firearms. Cotton for their outfits, and Firearms for their actual guns they use.

Not entirely sure how writing books to passively boost your crew slightly would work, or if it'd be best to just keep it such as a module called "Sailors" that boosts your reload speed, and accuracy slightly, and do the same thing as above, which would require Hemp or Cotton, + A certain grade of cannon to be combined.