Game-Labs Forum

Chat problem?

GrapeShot

1 hour ago, Bassy said:

I currently have the same problem where when i click on the plus icon in the chat i cant seem to open any of the chat tabs, i have tried all the fixes listed above but still it's not fixed.

Greetings, to clarify - have you tried to delete a folder in registry as described here? 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

59 minutes ago, Bassy said:

Didn't do the trick for me. in attachment is the issue that i have. i hope its not something easy im missing.

ezgif.com-crop.gif

Have you tried to verify integrity of game files ? (Right click on the game in Steam lib, properties-> local files tab)

4 minutes ago, Bassy said:

i have deleted the folder and still nothing. :(

Please make sure the game is properly allowed in Antivirus settings, e.g. those ports need to be open for the game: 7770, 8089, 5672, 5222, 8080, 21020-21036, 7401-7600

2 hours ago, Bassy said:

The game was set to all ports but i assigned it the port you gave me but to no avail, still cant open chat tabs

Please try this, 

• Right click on the game in Steam lib -> properties -> local files -> browse local files.
  • Go to Naval Action\Client_Data\Plugins
  • Delete the file sqlite3.dll
  • Verify integrity of game files  in Steam (right click on the game in Steam lib -> properties -> local files), make sure the dll is there after check
  • Run the game

7 minutes ago, Bassy said:

Didn't do it either.

am i missing something simple? did i toggle chat off or something like that?

No, the problem is somewhat related to a local software issues/incompatibility on your PC, this is not a bug that affects everyone so it is hard to be solved unfortunately

3 minutes ago, Bassy said:

just inform me what to do and i will do it. whatever it takes for me to be able to talk ingame :D 

Could you please try to search in the game folder for sqlite keyword? There should be three (or four) dll files (SQLite4Unity3d.dllMono.Data.Sqlite.dll - there might be two files with the same name, sqlite3.dll), do you have them all?

36 minutes ago, Bassy said:

these are the ones i have.

dWtOsEz.png

Another workaround to try is to disable or temporary uninstall antivirus, and then repeate this:

1 hour ago, Ink said:

Please try this, 

• Right click on the game in Steam lib -> properties -> local files -> browse local files.
  • Go to Naval Action\Client_Data\Plugins
  • Delete the file sqlite3.dll
  • Verify integrity of game files  in Steam (right click on the game in Steam lib -> properties -> local files), make sure the dll is there after check
  • Run the game

if i recall correctly the first time i played the chat did work this was around the 2nd of juli 2019 

i stopped playing for a while and now since a few days i have started playing again

Edited by Bassy

it is up-to-date . i'll retry all previous suggested posibilities and inform if i do find a fix.

If you think of anything i will be happy to try, and i thank you for your help and time.

PS: could a fix be that i remove my character and start fresh?

Edited by Bassy