Game-Labs Forum

Chat problem?

GrapeShot

Same problem here.

I rolled French. No trouble for about five minutes. I was able to see chat, interact with others, form a group.

I deleted my character. Made another (different name) in another nation.

I can't talk. I don't see any chat window updated. Friends see me on the water but we cannot interact with each other. I can't form a group, I don't receive group invites. I can't add people to my friends list, nor can they add me.

A number of things ive heard working is.

1. Reloging in to game.

2. Restarting PC

3. Re verifying steam cashe,  Steam library/ Proprieties / Local Files / Verify integrity of game cashe

Correlation docent necessarily mean causation but these are the things that my group has been telling one another to do , and by the end they are able to interact with chat

Its very simple - chat problem starts when there are more than 800 people on the shard.

Re-login might help but usually the chat will disconnect anyway for some users. 

we plan to deploy the temp workaround tomorrow.

and the main fix will be done within two weeks.

Another great chat issue is that Team chat in battles 99% of the time doesn't show for anyone. You as a player has to manually open the chat to see if anyone actually writes anything, and that makes the team chat 99% useless.

New people don't know that the chat works this way, and it means there is absolutely no intuitive way to read the chat since you have to open, close, open, close the chat window all the time during the battle.

Please make it so that messages show when someone writes something in battles, without the player having to actively open the chat window.

EDIT: Not sure how the chat is designed to work, but whether it is a bug or a design choice the current way the battle chat works is very unintuitive.

Edited by Inkompetent

Another great chat issue is that Team chat in battles 99% of the time doesn't show for anyone. You as a player has to manually open the chat to see if anyone actually writes anything, and that makes the team chat 99% useless.

New people don't know that the chat works this way, and it means there is absolutely no intuitive way to read the chat since you have to open, close, open, close the chat window all the time during the battle.

Please make it so that messages show when someone writes something in battles, without the player having to actively open the chat window.

EDIT: Not sure how the chat is designed to work, but whether it is a bug or a design choice the current way the battle chat works is very unintuitive.

Thanks for the feedback, we are investigating this problem, temporary workaround is to open full chat

• Like 1

Not many players know how to open chat in battle.    

Another problem.      Can you make chat   like this           ENTER Hello Everyone. ENTER    

Now the chat works like this       Enter, Hello Everyone, Enter,   but chat will not close and i have to press Enter Enter Enter Enter.  A finally it closed i regain control of a ship.

Simple Enter to start typing in chat  and Enter to Send a message and close chat.     It is a Major problem as enter disables ship control.  

Its very simple - chat problem starts when there are more than 800 people on the shard.

Re-login might help but usually the chat will disconnect anyway for some users. 

we plan to deploy the temp workaround tomorrow.

and the main fix will be done within two weeks.

so wahts the temp workaround?

Бывает, чтобы в чате битвы отображались сообщения, его нужно переключать на другую вкладку, а потом снова возвращать на вкладку Битва, иначе новые сообщения не выводятся.

Бывает, чтобы в чате битвы отображались сообщения, его нужно переключать на другую вкладку, а потом снова возвращать на вкладку Битва, иначе новые сообщения не выводятся.

Да, проблема известная, боремся. Следующий патч будет содержать возможный фикс этой проблемы тоже.