Player characters limitations vote.

902 members have voted

1. 1. How many characters

• 1 character per account
    • 3 characters as before
  2. 2. Neutrals

• Keep neutrals
    • Remove neutrals

Please vote in one of the most important votes before release.

Having several players per account gives good flexibility but could interfere in the conquest mechanics (spies, briefers etc). Removing neutrals can make capturing ports for resource control more meaningful

Remember that after Early access it will be extremely hard to take back features or remove flexibility. It will be much easier to add things back. 

One character per account. Only way to have a Nation system... Sure someone could buy a second account but hey that makes you guys some extra money towards development.

Remove Neutral Nation unless you can make them super unique. Special trading ship, bonuses to crafting, can be mercs for other nations, can fly false flag for a limited duration, ect. If they aren't unique they aren't needed.

Neutrals need to be removed eventually, however there needs to be a diplomacy system where each nation has the ability to declare war, peace, alliance, or neutrality in a conflict to facilitate the removal of neutrals.

As for character #, I'm split. I personally would like to have a Pirate, an Englishman, and an American, but I can see how people could abuse having characters in other nations. Perhaps have a time penalty when changing between characters of different nations?

Neutrals need to be removed eventually, however there needs to be a diplomacy system where each nation has the ability to declare war, peace, alliance, or neutrality in a conflict to facilitate the removal of neutrals.

As for character #, I'm split. I personally would like to have a Pirate, an Englishman, and an American, but I can see how people could abuse having characters in other nations. Perhaps have a time penalty when changing between characters of different nations?

potbs had similar system and it did not work, people abused it and killed the game. 

potbs had similar system and it did not work, people abused it and killed the game. 

But I thought that was due to the fact that players could have multiple accounts, not multiple characters per account? True X-teaming was only possible because of the former. If you had other nation Characters on the same account, the only way you could use them was to either A. Wait until the map reset, or B. Paid to have it done (which I agree, promotes the wallet-warrior and is not a good option to have.)

So make people with family members should pay 2-3 times or more the amount to play the same game?

This is a good point and I suggest you to start a new thread about it and see what devs say. 

My suggestion for developers. 

Give deals to those who already purchased the game. Let's say 50% off for current players who already purchased the game. So, for *($19.99) you would get another account for your family member. Seems like a good deal to me. 

or have Seasonal Sales. 

It can work like this:

Provide your current game code and get 50% off your next account purchase. 

• Like 4

Would be nice to have 2, I have a family member who wants to play as

well and I'm not buying 2 copies of the game so both of us can play.

This is a legitimate concern and if I were in your situation I would be frustrated as well. 

So make people with family members should pay 2-3 times or more the amount to play the same game?

No, every person would still pay the same, $40. You are suggesting the price should be lower because you are living with family? Why? Just because I don't have a brother I have to pay more?

No, every person would still pay the same, $40. You are suggesting the price should be lower because you are living with family? Why? Just because I don't have a brother I have to pay more?

I never said anything about lowering price, or a discount. Why do you think people with families should be punished by paying 2-3 times as much?

• Like 2

When I started playing this game, i bought 3x copies of this game for my family, so they can play freely with me.
I don't see punishment in this.
And I had a problem "omg what should i buy them for their birthday" solved.
Which is nice.

• Like 6

I never said anything about lowering price, or a discount. Why do you think people with families should be punished by paying 2-3 times as much?

But what's the problem? If you want to play simultaneously, you need several accounts anyway. If you want taking turns in playing, use your one character, you'll progress faster on the one hand, but you'll have enough ship slots and a 4h teleport to play in the region each of you wants with the ships she/he wants.

Edited by Nathaniel
  • Like 1