• Princesa Real
    • Dordrecht
    • Wasa
    • Wenden
    • Prinds Christian Frederik
    • Vrijheid
    • Admiraal de Ruyter
    • Christian VII

They really do look similar (to my eyes, at least). I'm not going to disagree with you there. That being said, I'm not really campaigning for Vrijiheid so much as against Admiraal de Ruyter. I didn't even vote for Vrijiheid at first, even though she was my proposal. I voted for Prinds Christian Frederik, but since nobody else had done so, I figured that there wasn't a point in wasting a vote on a ship that looked like it wasn't going to be a competitor. 

And I'm not even trying to argue with people; I'm just trying to point out that to me, it seems like the 80-gun ship category has gotten enough attention for a while, and that maybe we could use other ships more. 

And im not disagreeing, just saying i dont think the 74 gun range is one of those slots.

We need a Corvette to fil in the gap between ingame Brigs and light frigates and fight against Brigs, Snow, Mercury, Niagara and Cerberus.

A opponent of the soon-in-game USS Rattlesnake : Descubierta or the Venetian Corvette.

I may have a slight preference for the Descubierta and her 2 versions : a 16-gun Exploration vessel and a 26-gun military ship.

The Wasa has three important things going for it:  is a nice looking ship, a 4th rate, and Swedish.

We need a Corvette to fil in the gap between ingame Brigs and light frigates and fight against Brigs, Snow, Mercury, Niagara and Cerberus.

A opponent of the soon-in-game USS Rattlesnake : Descubierta, the Venetian Corvette or the Ch​ristiansborg.

I may have a slight preference for the Descubierta and her 2 versions : a 16-gun Exploration vessel and a 26-gun military ship.

A few corvettes are in being made if I remember right.  Rattlesnake is one.

• Like 1

And im not disagreeing, just saying i dont think the 74 gun range is one of those slots.

Fair enough. 

A opponent of the soon-in-game USS Rattlesnake : Descubierta, the Venetian Corvette or the Ch​ristiansborg.

Christiansborg's certainly pretty. It's a pity no-one's voted for her yet. 

The thing though is, the Bellona and the vrijhijd seem similar, just because we havent had a 74 added recently isnt a good excuse imho

also, i didnt vote for de ruyter, i want the dordrecht, i want a really nice fourth rate in game

Stop denouncing my ship!

Vrijheid!!!  (it's a really fun word to say!)

Besides, didn't the Dordercht like explode in combat or something?  I kinda don't want one that went boom...  A Dutch fourth rate that I would like would be the 56-gun Delft.

Also, the Admins stated in the past to vote for ships that you want, not for filling out the roster.  The devs will fill them out eventually.  These selections are just for the special ships we want added for glorious patriotic reasons!

Vrijheid!!!

• Like 1

Well, it looks like Diana and Admiraal de Ruyter are racing each other to the top, and most of the others have already lost. Christian VII might still have a chance, though. 

If they had broken it down into a vote for a lineship and a ship frigate or below, I would give that second vote to Christian VII, even though I know what we need is 4th rates.  Christian VII is the most beautiful of the proposed SoLs by far, and a fills an interesting niche at the top end.  I don't see what De Ruyter really adds over Bucentaure, but she is not ugly.  I do hope that the shallow draught design, with slab sides and extremely heavy ordnance is accounted for in performance if included, however.

Ships that are modelled in the shipyard aren't automatically added to the game. But all good ships should make it to the game sooner or later. The top 2 ships of the votes and the wildcard are garanteed to get in though.

That doesn't answer the question as to whether or not a vote for Bellona here might be redundant (i.e. we are telling developers to make a ship that is already being made and stands a chance to be added).

• Like 2

That doesn't answer the question as to whether or not a vote for Bellona here might be redundant (i.e. we are telling developers to make a ship that is already being made and stands a chance to be added).

If the model fits the requirements it can be kept as is, if not it has to be made from scratch.

If they had broken it down into a vote for a lineship and a ship frigate or below, I would give that second vote to Christian VII, even though I know what we need is 4th rates.  Christian VII is the most beautiful of the proposed SoLs by far, and a fills an interesting niche at the top end. 

Honestly, I hope Christian VII gets chosen as the wild card, if she doesn't win (and it doesn't look like she will, at this rate). This is what, the third vote she's come up short in? IIRC she was a serious contender in last year's poll and lost, and then it seemed to me that she and Bucentaure were both popular choices in that "Ship request-2nd Rate" thread, and she apparently lost to Bucentaure. If you ask me, it's time she got selected to be in-game. 

• Like 1

If the model fits the requirements it can be kept as is, if not it has to be made from scratch.

So if Malachi's model ends up meeting requirements, then everyone voting for Bellona here is using a vote just to ensure it gets added (built from scratch) if he doesn't meet the criteria?  Personally, I would gamble on Malachi.  He seems to know what he is doing and is making fast progress.