Game-Labs Forum

United States flag

Cannone-ITA

In game i see that the united states flag is the common "stars and stripes", but during pirates period the historical american flaq is the "Navy Jack"

Probably the first NavyJack is this
320px-US_Naval_Jack_13_stripes.svg.png
 a field of 13 horizontal red and white stripes.

But the official first U.S. NavyJack is this
320px-Naval_Jack_of_the_United_States.sv

In 1778, John Adams and Benjamin Franklin wrote a letter to the Ambassador of the Kingdom of the Sicily, thanking him for allowing entry of American ships into Sicilian ports. The letter describes the American flag according to the 1777 flag resolution, but also describes a flag of "South Carolina, a rattlesnake, in the middle of the thirteen stripes."

Edited by Cannone-ITA

Take notice of the number of stars in the Old Glory that is used as well. The one that is used in-game should fit the later-end of the time period NA takes place (the early 1800s).

However I thought one of the earliest Navy Jacks was that of the one in my signature: (The red, white, and blue striped one in the middl

MkKQ6na.jpg

Edited by William the Drake

A jack was flown at anchor/dock, not while underway.  :)

While I don't have any immediate record of the flag that would have been hoisted at sea from the stern for battle, the very definition of a "jack" is a flag that is flown from the jackstaff which was usually in the bow of the ship.

Maybe they could make the suggested flags options to be earned as rewards for milestones met during the grind... Each nation has variations of their flags... It would be a nice reward to earn a different "cool" looking flag!!

• Like 3

I like that idea!

There are many different flags that would make sense for each nation during this period..

(Dutch with orange instead of red, red Ensign for the British (in pre-1800 flavor and post), French flags [White, White+Tricolore] and many more)

Maybe national flags and signals could be purchased for $$$. No pay to win there.

• Like 5

I like that idea! There are many different flags that would make sense for each nation during this period.. (Dutch with orange instead of red, red Ensign for the British (in pre-1800 flavor and post), French flags [White, White+Tricolore] and many more) Maybe national flags and signals could be purchased for $$$. No pay to win there.

Orange would suggest a pre 1650 ship, since thats when it was fazed out.

Flag variations:

Dutch Navy flag <1650

4xRYaYU.jpg

Dutch Navy flag >1650

rUrzU56.png

Geoctroyeerde West-indische Compagnie <1650

BJT02dM.jpg

Geoctroyeerde West-indische Compagnie >1650

5FJfC4x.png

Admiral Flag

JRU7rdX.jpg

• Like 1