Game-Labs Forum

Make a blog post

Recommendation to the developers:

Make a blog post. Doesn't really matter what it says or what it contains. It could even be a simple "We look forward to 2016" message.

The reason is, the forums get a sporadic (but fairly continuous) slew of visitors who come in and wonder if this game is dead, based on the fact that the website has seen no new information added since March. The smattering of forum threads with names like "is this game dead?" might give other visitors the wrong gut impressions when they visit.

I know the developers probably aren't prepared to answer the big questions, like questions regarding Steam. I'm not suggesting you do that. I'm just suggesting you put up a blog containing any message. So that people visiting the website will see it, spot the date that it was last posted and recognize that the game has a heart beat.

Evidently many people don't look closely at the forums to gauge how alive or active the game is, they look to the website to see when it was updated last.

Edited by Jon Allen
  • Like 3

I support this idea, when I bought myself a copy of NA before christmas time I of course had to investigate the game and its community to see if its worth these 39 euros that the game costs, if the game still is active and if the developers are still working continuously on the game.

The blog was my first encounter since I had not made a forum account as of yet, and it did indeed look very empty, seeing as the last post was in march 2015. It was until I made a forum account and saw the active and well mannered community that is Naval Action.

All in all, the first impression of a game community and its developers is indeed very important and I think it was good of Jon Allen to highlight this.

Thank you for the suggestion. It was suggested multiple times by many players (thank you too Wind and others) :)

its just we don't have enough time to manage it (yet)

But we plan to start doing it after we release on Steam.

with

monthly content patches

weekly tuning patches

We also planning to invite several staff writers to write about age of sail. We will post this announcement shortly

• Like 6

Thank you for the suggestion. It was suggested multiple times by many players (thank you too Wind and others) :)

its just we don't have enough time to manage it (yet)

But we plan to start doing it after we release on Steam.

with

monthly content patches

weekly tuning patches

We also planning to invite several staff writers to write about age of sail. We will post this announcement shortly

Thankyou for the Update