Game-Labs Forum

Map location and stay were you are.

I noticed when you go to the map the only reference point is the town,until you don't see another town you don't know were you are, will be good if we had a small ship in the map showing were you are will be good.

Another thing and starting to get boring every time I have a battle I go back to my town,for me is silly if i want to explore the map and battle i never going to do it because I always going back,can you guys fix this please, once we finish the battle we back were we start the battle instead back to town will be great.

As bungee said, that should be a bug on your behalf, you should f11, also do you sink by any chance when you get back to the port? anytime you sink you get sent back to the closest(if im not mistaken) port

Regarding placing an icon on the map to show where you are, this has deliberetly been left out in the game, navigation is all on you, eventually you will learn how to navigate and it will be a non issue.

• Like 1

I don't think he is saying that it brings him to port automatically after battle, I believe he is saying he is compelled to return to port after each battle to repair.

In which case I must disagree on both of OP's stances; lack of map marker is done to increase immersion, add difficulty to exploring and traversing the map. Ships didn't have radar or GPS at this time in history.

And automatically repairing after each battle is done much to the same effect: people shouldn't be able to leave a battle and immediately jump into another at full strength each time at no cost of time or resources.

• Like 9

Just add 'capital' marker and stop this mess. I feel bad for those players who get lost at sea with hours spent sailing .

I don't think any navigation aid should be in game.  Open world sailing is a acquired skill, like tacking or manual sail turning and experience and skill are part of being "good".  I remember getting lost but it is something you learn from. Now I have no fear making long open ocean transits, its just comes from experience.  If people are getting "lost" they should stay in areas they know until they build up the skills to navigate over open water, it's not hard..  

• Like 8

I'm saying, ones I kill the enemy my ship go back to port I didn't know was a bug this is why I haven't report, because since I start this game been like this.

I do know about navigation< but you need some help here at least People could add a red DOT or make a line into the map to were you come from to were you go,some coordinate lines will be even better so people could plot location properly, if you are in the NAVY you will know we have to keep plotting the location on the map were the ship is and were it go, this call navigation one on one.

I not clicking "surrender" I clicking " leave the battle "and why I going to surrender if I won the battle,you can see the enemy ship going under water don't make any sense to surrender.

Well you have a full pic of the battle from the start to the end, like everyone said a picture never lie.

The pictures don't show much, really.  They show you entering a battle, winning a battle, and then you're out in front of a port.  Either way, you'll need to press F11 immediately after exiting the battle.  We're not going to be able to help you very much with this problem on the forums.

In fact, they do show me something very interesting:

You go from 2 days at sea in the first image, to 5 in the last image.  This, along with the time stamps on the chat, would lead me to believe that hours passed between the first and last image.  I'm not entirely sure what your images are showing.

I will do another fight and see what going to happen but I don't see the to press F11 after the fight end you just going to see a pic of my ship in port,unless you getting some info with the pic.

That's fine, just F11 whatever happens immediately after your battle ends and you end up somewhere random.  Be as specific as possible as to what happened, what you were doing when it happened, and what led up to what you were doing when it happened.

As bungee said, that should be a bug on your behalf, you should f11, also do you sink by any chance when you get back to the port? anytime you sink you get sent back to the closest(if im not mistaken) port

Regarding placing an icon on the map to show where you are, this has deliberetly been left out in the game, navigation is all on you, eventually you will learn how to navigate and it will be a non issue.

yaaaa about that navigating on your own, was doing a mission out from kingston then a storm hit me could not see a god dam thing so i sail after the compass must just have missed the end of the island and was lost for 2,5 fucking hours (had used the teleport) then the next day i was hit by a storm again and this time looking for a mission but fuck no if i found it as those bloody swords are so hard to see in anything but clear weather so i gave up and played again the next day, so really what this dose is fuck you over unless you are a fish or a real navigator from the bloody 18th century

I'm saying, ones I kill the enemy my ship go back to port I didn't know was a bug this is why I haven't report, because since I start this game been like this.

I do know about navigation< but you need some help here at least People could add a red DOT or make a line into the map to were you come from to were you go,some coordinate lines will be even better so people could plot location properly, if you are in the NAVY you will know we have to keep plotting the location on the map were the ship is and were it go, this call navigation one on one.

ya give us something to plot with this is not navigating at all all you have is a compass dam they had the compass since about 206 BC sooooooo how about we make this realistic and get some tools to work with

• Like 1

OK I was doing some research and here is a idea,I copy the main map into my second screen and use it for navigation, how about your guys do a editable map so people could plot were they going once you finish just click delete or save in a directory for future reference,also I noticed if you stop the game in the middle of the ocean and start 3 days later you will have a pain in the neck to remember were you are, so with the map you will be able to know were you stopped.

Check pics please.

I add 2 very old maps and you can see they have the coordinates on it so why we can't have in the game map, the star in the map is N,S,E,W and I also find some map with have more the one star for ezy navigation.

post-16082-0-28105800-1452159624_thumb.jpg

post-16082-0-61214700-1452159633_thumb.jpg

post-16082-0-92885600-1452159640_thumb.jpg

OK I was doing some research and here is a idea,I copy the main map into my second screen and use it for navigation, how about your guys do a editable map so people could plot were they going once you finish just click delete or save in a directory for future reference,also I noticed if you stop the game in the middle of the ocean and start 3 days later you will have a pain in the neck to remember were you are, so with the map you will be able to know were you stopped.

Check pics please.

I add 2 very old maps and you can see they have the coordinates on it so why we can't have in the game map, the star in the map is N,S,E,W and I also find some map with have more the one star for ezy navigation.

Regarding that, you could also just take a picture of the map, and use paint to draw on the map.

Thanx for your suggestion, but because I have 2 monitor in my computer is ezyer to make a copy into paintshop,then keep plotting from it,but not everyone have 2 monitors so the map is good for nothing just for looking,if we could have a editable map everyone could do some plotting and know were they town is and were they going.

• 2 weeks later...

But that's not realistic.

ALL navigation is done so as to determine where you are!!!

Otherwise what is the point of navigation?!

It doesn't matter if the nav is done by star sights or shooting the sun.....the intent is that a mark can then be made on a chart so that the captain can say "We are HERE, Number 1"!

Surely this needs to be fixed.

No...I will be more assertive and state that this is something that MUST be corrected. As it currently stands it is utterly unrealistic.

Edited by Bligh

But that's not realistic.

ALL navigation is done so as to determine where you are!!!

Otherwise what is the point of navigation?!

It doesn't matter if the nav is done by star sights or shooting the sun.....the intent is that a mark can then be made on a chart so that the captain can say "We are HERE, Number 1"!

Surely this needs to be fixed.

No...I will be more assertive and state that this is something that MUST be corrected. As it currently stands it is utterly unrealistic.

Figuring out where you are is part of the game, i agree that you need to be able to place markers on the map, but it should not be done automatically, you have to do it with help from possible tools.

Figuring out where you are is part of the game, i agree that you need to be able to place markers on the map, but it should not be done automatically, you have to do it with help from possible tools.

But that's rubbish unless we are provided with the "tools". Where are these "tools"?? :unsure:

So how about an astrolabe...and a sextant?

(Unless you are going to supply 18th. century GPS devices!)

Even Able Tasman, Dirk Hartog, James Cook and William Bligh had navigational "tools".

They didn't have to figure anything out!!!!!!

Edited by Bligh