Game-Labs Forum

Naval Action Meme collection

Bart Smith

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In fairness the amount of hours has nothing to do with the quality of the game. If their was a release tomorrow and the game was bad do we with 1000s of hours not have the right to review the game? What I do however love most about this naval action community is that they complain about a lack of players and make it worse with negative reviews. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HachiRoku said:

In fairness the amount of hours has nothing to do with the quality of the game. If their was a release tomorrow and the game was bad do we with 1000s of hours not have the right to review the game? What I do however love most about this naval action community is that they complain about a lack of players and make it worse with negative reviews. 

I agree with this, however if you put 13 hello kittying thousand hours in a game that you spend 40 bucks on and still not recommend it, it makes no sense at all. Ultimately, a steam review is nothing but a personal opinion and nobody is the measure of all things. All these negative reviews with hundreds and thousands of hours playtime make it seem like they are a bunch of masochistic freaks or were forced to spend a good fraction of their lifetime in a game that they dislike so much.

There should be a neither positive nor negative review option. Giving the game a negative review, just because it isn't for everyone, isn't exactly valid or justified either. 

2 hours ago, Sovereign said:

I agree with this, however if you put 13 hello kittying thousand hours in a game that you spend 40 bucks on and still not recommend it, it makes no sense at all. Ultimately, a steam review is nothing but a personal opinion and nobody is the measure of all things. All these negative reviews with hundreds and thousands of hours playtime make it seem like they are a bunch of masochistic freaks or were forced to spend a good fraction of their lifetime in a game that they dislike so much.

There should be a neither positive nor negative review option. Giving the game a negative review, just because it isn't for everyone, isn't exactly valid or justified either. 

What if he spends 13k hours and they make BS changes. I know what you mean I'm just saying play time is irrelevant in early access. I'm not saying the changes are bad. Just an example... 

• Like 3

Doing something you dislike - in a hobby sense ( which should be oriented solely to enjoyment activities ) - for 12 thousand hours is totally disproportionate to healthy levels of mental state.

Guess 1000 hours is okay to see if a hobby is worth pursuing.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Doing something you dislike - in a hobby sense ( which should be oriented solely to enjoyment activities ) - for 12 thousand hours is totally disproportionate to healthy levels of mental state.

Guess 1000 hours is okay to see if a hobby is worth pursuing.

It is kind of sad. I have 4000. It's since 2015 or 2016 but it makes me sick thinking about it. People often say it's afk so it's OK but there is really nothing in game except for fishing were you could leave the the pc running all night. I have never done it and my 4000 hours probably have less than 100 afk. I have gamed for 20 years now and you cannot argue mmos are not addictive. 

Edited by HachiRoku

50 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

I have gamed for 20 years now

Very rare footage of Hachi playing his first Computer game 20 years ago :)

Edited by Guest

On 2/18/2019 at 11:37 AM, Joernsson said:

Very rare footage of Hachi playing his first Computer game 20 years ago :)

Think it's this strange mixture of cheap techno beats in addition to the constantly reappearing primates which made him the retard he is now. 

Edited by Palatinose
  • Like 1

On 2/18/2019 at 8:34 AM, Sovereign said:

well if i have 50 days played time in WoW during their best years 2005-2010 on 1 character it doesent mean i would recommend it how the game is today

1 hour ago, Wyy said:

well if i have 50 days played time in WoW during their best years 2005-2010 on 1 character it doesent mean i would recommend it how the game is today

Yeah, very true but I would argue not for NA... The small changes that happened in NA were mostly for the better, the game didn't change much but is improving very very slowly. The only significant deterioration in NA is in player numbers, which is understandable given the limited content, time consuming nature of game mechanics and slow paced development.

Edited by Sovereign
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Velhelm Von Marrius said:

You could probably remove the Dutch flag because, well who really sees them as a threat. Replace it with Russia.

The murderers are former ally of sweden.

Russia was never allied with Swerg, am i mistaken? in game since july 2018.
rediii was part of sweden back then, danish was kinda vassal, dutch screened for them. 

2 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

Total online also doesn't mean anything, following that logic. All that matters is the 50 players, 25 on one side and 25 on another. Hope you guys are smart enough to understand that. Ah, wait...

You know if you take active pvpers into account prussia most likely matches GB. I joined danes for the simple fact that I never see danes sailing around. Prussians on the other hand are basically an alliance of open sea pvpers. How about you change nation for a while, change your name and pvp like me for 1 month. No sailing with friends and allies from other nations. I promise you will engage more Prussians than you might think. There is nothing really hardcore about prussia. It's a ZERG like GB. Hardcore is being in the Danish nation, only having Freeports with no Admiralty. 

19 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

You know if you take active pvpers into account prussia most likely matches GB. I joined danes for the simple fact that I never see danes sailing around. Prussians on the other hand are basically an alliance of open sea pvpers. How about you change nation for a while, change your name and pvp like me for 1 month. No sailing with friends and allies from other nations. I promise you will engage more Prussians than you might think. There is nothing really hardcore about prussia. It's a ZERG like GB. Hardcore is being in the Danish nation, only having Freeports with no Admiralty. 

Prussia is more powerful than some, but active PVPers does not always make a RVR superpower.  If you can counter hostility with 50 captains of even middling ability, you can reduce any threat to your nation.  GB can do this.  That said, I like having a powerful GB.  It's more targets and it annoys the Spanish, which pleases me greatly.

I do get a bit annoyed when the usual shitbirds who flock to the zerg nation and get carried talk shit in global.  GB has their share of those.    

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 4