Naval Action Meme collection

Bart Smith

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/19/2018 at 8:16 AM, RedNeckMilkMan said:

SOT.jpg

In my experience not actually true. The players that this message is directed at are the ones that are most likely to sail ships that are cannot outrun requins, even downwind. I tested this theory a while ago. Was on my alt in a PvE-built ship (Live/white), doing a mission. A requin jumped in. I immediately started to go downwind since I wasn't too keen to contend with both the requin and the heavy NPC.

By jibing the requin was easily able to keep up with me and even shoot my sails while catching up quite fast. I had to turn and take one of his masts off to get him off my back. Then I had to take the remaining masts so I could catch and sink him. The good thing is that demasting the requin is rather easy.

Edited by Anolytic

On 11/19/2018 at 8:16 AM, RedNeckMilkMan said:

SOT.jpg

Definitely not true. My teak/wo Diana was slower downwind than a Requin. I didn't have speed mods or art of ship handling, I was on an alt account. I had to spend 45 minutes with him glued to my ass so close it was hard to demast, before he finally made a mistake. Reinforcements of course did nothing. It's still a pestilence of reinforcements zone, but only in hands of a good player now

18 hours ago, vazco said:

Definitely not true. My teak/wo Diana was slower downwind than a Requin.

Slighty OT, but you started it.

4d53928b2623901c06dce21adc3f1ffc.png

fir/fir req goes 7 knots running with the wind. Crazy stuff can still be done with upgrades and books, but can you bring 7 knots up close to t/wo diana running at 11.6? Did you try to escape at 120-135?

2 minutes ago, Polish Privateer said:

Elite Pirate is all you need.

1 minute ago, rediii said:

thats a fleet of teak/wo bellonas with spanish getting chased by a requin easily catching up

Ok, ok... Req + Elite Spanish is indeed meme material.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, jodgi said:

fir/fir req goes 7 knots running with the wind. Crazy stuff can still be done with upgrades and books, but can you bring 7 knots up close to t/wo diana running at 11.6? Did you try to escape at 120-135?

The thing is Requin doesn't have to run at the same angle as the ship it's chasing. It can easily keep up by jibing and keeping angles where it is faster than the ship it's chasing. Diana goes 120, then requin goes 105, shoots sails with its broadside and jibes every time it is level with the diana.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, jodgi said:

I think both Polish and Anolytic explained it well. Even without explanation, it's just a fact that it happened - and it definitely wasn't a fir/fir requin :) Recently you can also stack speed mods on requin, eg naval clock+copper+art of ship handling gives you already +9.5% speed when compared to a new player without mods and books.

Requin is an issue for new players in reinforcement zone. For veterans it's just annoying. On my alt I didn't loose to Requin, I just had to loose 45 minutes. New player however would be probably boarded and at that point in time probably killed by a pun musket salvo.

Below a presentation of musket mod - before, and after recent nerf:

punt_gun_2.jpg

• Like 8