Game-Labs Forum

Naval Action Meme collection

Bart Smith

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Vernon can be as toxic as he wants and insult whoever he wants, he's a friend with Hethwill and his clanmate, so like 50% of the forum and in-game moderation. Rumour has it that they make jokes about warning each other. Being on the admin's side grants him an additional 500% protection bonus (stronger than muskets).

Keep devs and volunteer moderators out of discussions in this section.
National news is for events happening in game and the open seas, not the forum and/or development process. 

7 minutes ago, Trashumi Cubanwara said:

TBF, you are wrong here http://prntscr.com/lgbhu0

this (tavern sub-forum) is for off topic discussions, so ,in fact, we can talk of ""whatever we want""

This tavern is national news section and forum rules apply here 
You accepted rules when you registered an account. 

8. Discussion of moderation, warnings and bans is not allowed.

Such matters shall remain private between Game-Labs and users. The discussion of forum moderation actions usually leads to flaming and trolling. That is why this type of discussion is strictly prohibited under the forum rules. During the development of the game there is usually no way to appeal.

15. Abuse of Game-Labs employees and forum volunteers is prohibited.

We have a zero tolerance policy on abuse of employees and volunteers. This includes but is not limited to personal attacks, trolling. Forum is a place where players and developers can exchange ideas in a constructive manner with the only goal to improve the game. Players who attack or abuse employees or volunteers, will be permanently banned with no right to appeal.

So while you can talk about whatever you want - you should continue following this forum rules at all times. 

6 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

I don't think Vernon fits into that label, calling other forum users attention-whores, yet you don't give him any warnings.

Do you want a forum without banter? Because that's how you get a forum without banter.

24 minutes ago, Sailor said:

This tavern is national news section and forum rules apply here 
You accepted rules when you registered an account. 

8. Discussion of moderation, warnings and bans is not allowed.

Such matters shall remain private between Game-Labs and users. The discussion of forum moderation actions usually leads to flaming and trolling. That is why this type of discussion is strictly prohibited under the forum rules. During the development of the game there is usually no way to appeal.

15. Abuse of Game-Labs employees and forum volunteers is prohibited.

We have a zero tolerance policy on abuse of employees and volunteers. This includes but is not limited to personal attacks, trolling. Forum is a place where players and developers can exchange ideas in a constructive manner with the only goal to improve the game. Players who attack or abuse employees or volunteers, will be permanently banned with no right to appeal.

So while you can talk about whatever you want - you should continue following this forum rules at all times. 

What happens when "employees and volunteers" attack or troll players and don't "exchange ideas in a constructive way"?

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

What happens when "employees and volunteers" attack or troll players and don't "exchange ideas in a constructive way"?

you should of course report this using report function or better send a direct pm in private saying something like
"You are really crossing the line - chill man please or reconsider your statement.. "

Everybody is human…But a nice human message will work wonders.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RKY said:

Interestingly enough I find your quote of what message to send, more questionable than liq's word. especially the "chill" word.

To any native speaker his words are not offensive at all. however asking someone to chill can be demeaning.

Did you consider messaging or warning him before perma ban? don't think you did.

From my experience a lot of time (I been warn twice) it was done hours after the convo when it was not going on any more by some other moderator and not some one like @admin.  Both of mine was discussing about game mechanics with him and yes it got a bit heated, but every one I had read over my post over and over said I was no way toxic or abusive in any manor, but that is what i got warnings for (last one was a no point warning).  They don't care.....the fact my very first one I got a 2 week ban straight of the bat.  That is what the rules would state would be a repeat offenders punishment or if I did something truely bad like said threaten to do bodily harm to some one or something.  I petitioned to @Ink and he lifted it with just the point warning left. 

Awwwww I see they changed it a while back.  There use to be like a stage system that would be mention things so like a 2 week ban was the fourth step.  This is the policy now.  We don't know what step gets you what any more cause it's a points system.....notice there is no list below any more.  @admin what is this list?

Warnings and bans Policy

The list below shows the structure of our warning and suspension policy. This policy may be bypassed completely in favor of permanent revocation of a forum user’s posting privileges.

We use automatic point system and if you accumulate enough points automatic punishments will apply. If you believe you were punished unfairly send message to forum mods or admins explaining the situation. People can make mistakes.

Additional warnings can result in a permanent ban depending on the severity of the case..

This post is off topic, but I'll leave it and respond here.  There is still an escalation system that is very similar to what was originally on that post.  That system is in use most times.  We have always reserved the right to bypass that system and jump to a higher step when the violation was egregious, and we (the moderators) still do that on rare occasions.  In general, though, we just apply a point and move on, and through applying the point, the forum software automatically implements the action associated with the number of points you've accrued.

- H. Darby

Edited by Henry d'Esterre Darby
Clarification