Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pepepotamo

What a surprise!!!!

It seems ridiculous that administrators wants to dictate the politics of the game and to help and favor certain factions. (danis-russia-swedish-usa). 

Wow, what a great first post. You're going to form a really lasting impression* on people by making malicious accusations without anything to back it up.

*Full Disclosure: Maturin's first ever post was a little obnoxious.

Hm. The only factor that is defining a nation strenght are (and should be) the players that play for it. If you want a stronger faction you either attrackt more players or try to outskill everybody else (or both). Nobody would play this game if developers would make certain nations strong and others weak irregardless of the input of players actually playing them.

• Like 1

Sorry...my opinion is about what hapened in the game two days ago. Of course the game is not finish and will be improve, but it seems to me the game could be better than another boring Player to Player...there are thousand of this kind boring pvp games spots on Tv...please mi suggestions it is made in order to improve the game.( and sales because Latin world have many costumers, included Brasil and Portugal). Therefore in my humble opinion more historical mean allways more value.

Of course along the game the differents factions need to grow and improve. And all factions should have the chance for rule the sea. No the cities, cities was almost unconquerable, and something is wrong when the balance with historical point is not correct. I only give the administrator good ideas to improve their sales and the game itself. And suggest them to read the history.

Thank you.

Edited by Marques

We believe that time windows work both ways and favor sides taking their fate into their hands. 

It looks a bit strange when players who say that they only 2 hours to play also say that 2 hour window is too tight. You can capture the port and set the time window you want. 

The only thing that is lacking is the ability to somehow control the time slot for the port that never has changed hands.

I get 4 hours to play guess what time they are well i will bet you cant so i will tell you 10-2am UK so the currect time slots the Danes are using means i cant fight with my clan against them. Once again i will say this you want PvP but are denying us the chance to enjoy the port battles by such tight restrictions i am not asking for a huge change but think a 4 hour window might see some more flexibility in these Battles it will encourage more battles with greater numbers of ships facing each other and a larger eliment of risk for both sides.

We are not good with metaphors and not sure how breathing relates to being organized in attack or defense. 

I am not telling you who you attack - i am giving you my view on what I would do in your situation.

Danes became very organized after they lost ALL the ports (they only had Christiansted).

To stabilize the front line you need to capture bases that you can protect on your terms (in your time zone). 

There are two types of bases (ports) right now in game

• ports that have changed hands after patch 9.4 and have the timer set
  • ports that have not changed hands after patch 9.4 and don't have the timer - can be captured any time.

Thinking strategically this is what must be done for the Reconquista

If you don't want to go to port wars with Britain or United states

• I would evacuate The Settlement as most likely this port cannot be held realistically. And you can trade this port to Swedes in return for their support in the war with Denmark
  • I would capture Macao - allowing to set the timer. Macao will have to be defended at all costs during the timer you set for Spanish online. This port will act as a base for Puerto Rico reconquista. 
  • I would ally with Sweden in private who can greatly help in coordinated attacks on Denmark ports. Giving them the free capture of The Settlement will help to persuade them.
  • I would also to organize largest fleet possible to recapture Fajardo, Pasaje or Guayama to set the timers to your comfortable time. These bases will have constant battles every evening providing fun, and income from winning them or just participating in them. You have to do it on the defenders terms but it has to be done once. 

If you want to go to war with the States or Britain

• If you are ok fighting with the states and britain i would temporarily give up Puerto rico to Danes (its ok to lose something in the short term). 
  • I would arrange 2 large fleets and just recapture Cuba coast - setting the timers everywhere, because if you don't do it. British or Pirates will do it. 
  • Next couple of days i would try to recapture Hispaniola starting from US ports (they are busy with Barbary Pirates) trying to attack the same moment pirates are attacking US ports. 
  • This will allow to have bases with the time slots comfortable to you.
  • After you built a fleet and practice joint actions i will then ally with Sweden and attack Danes from both sides. Sweden has the same timezone as Danes (mostly) and can really help you with the reconquista. 

Overall the goal of the defense timers was to slow down conquest and they achieve it. It will become hard to capture and recapture once ports change hands 1 time. Current state of the map is a transition period between old night flip system and new time based system. 

There is a problem with this to which is as far as i know the Spanish just do not have enough players online at the set times used by the Danes to contest the ports with sufficient numbers to capture them back.

Llewwellyn Jones, 

the new timers make sure that defending port battles are held when you are online. 

if you cant attack any ports within the given time frame, then, yes, you personally will be unable to take part in offensive port battles. Judging from the current rise in playerbase and the upcoming steam ea, there will probably be plenty of port battles, offensive and defensive, going on every day. That means, that you will maybe be restricted to defensive port battles. 

Yes, you currently cannot fight the danes. It's a transition state, where they get the better end of the deal because they are in an earlyer time zone. --> wipe will come, all will be gone anyways. we've all survived worse. 

i am of the thought that 2 hours is too restrictive.. from both sides.. defending or offence... i'd be happier with 4 hours.. it also add a little suspense.. are they coming or aren't they... 

I would guess that this problem will sort itself at some point with a larger playerbase.

Right now players have organized by language/nationality in the nations.

This leads to defense timers that are very much locked in at nationality specific timeslots.

At some point there will be people and whole guilds that want to counter that and will explicitly join a nation that does not correspond to their timezone.

Let us wait and see.

I guess that the Devs will tweak the system if they see a stagnant map or other signs of problems.

Here below is the sumary of history of the Caribbean Sea. It was very hard to conquest a city in those times. Countries worked for money and trading and not every day conquest. Spain was stronger with very heavy city-forts.

In the game naval action everyone and every hour you can capture a city ¿? that it is not correct and not  accurate ! And this is a kaos for the game, and lack of respect of the real history.

Every game should have more respect for the history. Please, I only say that it is posible a game PvP but respect for the original situation of the maps and less conquest. Money must be obteined with trade not in battles.

Wikipedia

1700. Most of cities were under Spanish power.

(1700 - 1750s) Caribbean colonies prospered in sugar, tobacco, and rice farming. Trade between colonies and nations prevalent

(1741) Jenkin´s ear War. British fail taken Spanish Cartagena de Indias in major defeat for the British Navy and Army.

(1750s) Turks and Caicos captured by the British

(1761 - 1778) British captured Dominica from France

(1763) Britain captured Havana during the Seven Years War. Britain traded that one city for a large area of land in Florida, including St. Augustine.

(1778 - 1783) French forces recaptured Dominica

(1762 - 1783) British and French forces contested Saint Vincent and the Grenadines

(1775 - 1783) French and Spanish Caribbean naval victories over the British (Pensacola) aided revolutionary war efforts for the Americans. American Revolutionary War weakened British power.

(1791) A slave rebellion against French forces, dubbed the Haitian Revolution, established Haiti as the world's oldest free, black republic.

(1800) Spain still kept most of the power in the Caribbean based on best strategical territories and cities.

That´s all the conquest in one hundred years. Basically the Sea was rule for Spain, UK,  France and Pirates.

Thank you.

Edited by Marques

Land is (historically) conquered by armies.  Since the game is called Naval Action, you should be looking at the strongest navies in the area.  For example, Spain was the major sea power before this time period, but should still be included because of it's vast amount of land.  However, the Netherlands not only has distinctly Dutch islands in the Caribbean, but it was the number one sea power at the start of the (extended) time period and was a major trade power throughout the time-period.

(Seeing that you sail for Spain) If you want a strong Spain, instead of trying to get rid of nations that should be in the game, you should either find people willing to sail under the Spanish flag, or play PVE when it's added.

Edit:  Could a moderator please move this post to the Too Many Nations at This Stage thread?

Edited by Zeekoning

I wonder why Spain tries to fight Denmark, when they have half of Cuba occupied by the US. Conquer US ports, set port defence window as you like. No point complaining about other nations stealing your ports, because that what happens when Spain has ports all over the map.

I think you don´t understand my point of view. Of course, you can be the strongest with trade and biggest fleet, British French and Netherlands, that´s true , But for land and cities it is not accurate. REMEMBER the ships no were there to conquer lands. In History of the Caribbean Sea Spanish cities and forts allways defeat the others ships because Spanish ports were almost unconquerable. (rewiev the history of 18 Century for the conquest) This is the big historical mistake in this game, cities shouldn´t be taken so easily. The power of nations should be rate in based of their wealth, (bussines trading and fleet) not in the number of lands and cities. Spain had been there for centuries that is because we had most natives armies on ground. Not at sea. But you can not conquer a city only with ships.

Edited by Marques

I wonder why Spain tries to fight Denmark, when they have half of Cuba occupied by the US. Conquer US ports, set port defence window as you like. No point complaining about other nations stealing your ports, because that what happens when Spain has ports all over the map.

That´s happens in the 19 Century, not in the 18 Century. Big Mistake. Spain allways kept their ports along the 18th century...please review the history. Jenkin´s ear war for instance....Or Pensacola battle....Some game players can figure up things but it is a very bad issue for their game sales, also is not historical accurate. Cities can not change the owner every week...because there are not armies in this game and ship don´t go througt the streets.

Edited by Marques

I think what Mighty Alex is referring to is what is happening now, in the game.  What would be truly awful for the game would be if port ownership was static, which is what it sounds like you are arguing for, rather than port ownership being player-driven, which is what the developers are aiming for.

Llewwellyn Jones, 

the new timers make sure that defending port battles are held when you are online. 

if you cant attack any ports within the given time frame, then, yes, you personally will be unable to take part in offensive port battles. Judging from the current rise in playerbase and the upcoming steam ea, there will probably be plenty of port battles, offensive and defensive, going on every day. That means, that you will maybe be restricted to defensive port battles. 

Yes, you currently cannot fight the danes. It's a transition state, where they get the better end of the deal because they are in an earlyer time zone. --> wipe will come, all will be gone anyways. we've all survived worse. 

Oh i dont deny this Puchu I am sure this will be so but as it is this will affect even the new Danish players who have joined recently as there is little chance they will be able to play at those times unless unemployed or students because the times would always be set by thier early playing timezone compatriots.

• Like 1

Well hopefully the devs allow us to try out a 8 hr defense window, port attack time shouldn't be so relegated that 5-10 players can hold all their ports during such a short 2 hr prime time.  It should require more of a national effort (I'd imagine at least 2 large guilds for each nation being able to cover ~1/2 of the attack time).

Edited by Booyaah
  • Like 1

Sorry but that ""the developers are aiming for.... I guess is get money and fun game with the following text"".... they said in naval action web:

( no a fantastic or fiction game ):  Realistic and History are very important points. So is important to do that you are promises and think about firts looking for the profits and sale to yours future clients. ( detailed naval combat is not the harbour conquest ).

www.navalaction.com

NAVAL ACTION IS AN EXCITING, REALISTIC, AND BEAUTIFULLY DETAILED NAVAL COMBAT GAME IMMERSING PLAYERS INTO THE EXPERIENCE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PERIOD OF NAVAL HISTORY - WHEN SAILING SHIPS RULED THE SEAS. 
  • Like 1

It's much more realistic and historical than any other Age of Sail game I've played. I very much like the way it handles the historical inaccuracies in balance with wanting a sandbox that gives its players agency. These developers clearly are skilled in their craft and I would enjoy if they continued balancing and tuning to ways they see fit for the long term health of the game/ community. 

• Like 1

I need to say that with every day we have great PvP battles, i grew more and more fond of the current system. While i still think it is in part due to the Danish/Pirates goodwill and we'll see more screwed times in EA, i quite like the new pace and definitely would vote against longer port battle timers.

• Like 2

I still vividly remember Finnish squads rolling the map in another game (mostly US populated), quite some years ago. If you ask me, that has no solution; There's always someone playing when you are sleeping, or working, or attending your family.

• Like 1

Posted 30 December 2015 - 02:17 AM 

Scorpio Shirica

""""It's much more realistic and historical than any other Age of Sail game I've played. I very much like the way it handles the historical inaccuracies in balance with wanting a sandbox that gives its players agency. These developers clearly are skilled in their craft and I would enjoy if they continued balancing and tuning to ways they see fit for the long term health of the game/ community."""

Quoted.

Realistic maybe...historical nothing.

Maybe someone think Spanish Armada doesn´t have any power, or any ships in the Caribbean Sea.  Error....we control trading an the most of the cities in Naval Action Map.

So I asking myself.....¿¿¿¿Why the game only have one Spanish ship.??????? Absurd ...lack of Historic vision in the game.

We had a big FLEET  ...and many strong allies, like France and american colonies.

Please read this post from 1781 "Pensacola link" below...... and remember Spain defeat British in a big campaing againts Cartagena de Indias some years before 1741.

You have here all the names of Spanish ships in the Caribbean Sea 

http://www.todoababor.es/articulos/pensacola.htm

Listado de los buques de la escuadra española que participaron en la conquista de Pensacola en 1781. 

La escuadra, al mando de José Calvo, para la escolta de los mercantes que llevaban las tropas de ocupación de Pensacola es la siguiente: 

- Navío San Ramón 64 insignia de José Calvo 
- Fragata Santa Clara 34 capitán de fragata Miguel Alderete 
- Fragata Santa Cecilia 28 capitán de fragata Miguel de Goicoechea 
- Chambequín Caimán José Serrato 
- Paquebote San Gil José María Chacón

- Navío San Luis 80 insignia de José Solano 
- " San Francisco de Asís 74 
- " San Juan Nepomuceno 74 
- " Guerrero 74 
- " San Miguel 74 
- " Arrogante 74 
- " San Gabriel 74 
- " San Agustín 74 
- " Velasco 74 
- " San Nicolás 80 
- " Astuto 58 

- " Palmier 74 francés 
- " Intrepide 74 francés 
- " Triton 64 francés 
- " Destín 74 francés

Edited by Marques
  • Like 1

Since this is a dynamic map, it has changed quite a lot from some historically accurate start to the state it is now.

A nation is only as strong as its playerbase can get it in competition with other nations playerbases. The historical size of each nations armada does not play into account what happens on the map. If the spanish nation had no players at all playing it, then there would be no reason at all for it to have any ports at all. Those ports would be conquered by the players of other nations and rightfully so. Otherwise half of the map would be PVE only area. There is a PVE only server though, so no need for that on the PVP server.

If you do not like the idea of ships conquering ports just use the power of imagination and think up that we captains are just the spearhead and that the "Crown" of each nation (nation AI) sends in troops to do the fighting on land.

And above all else:

This game is in development. There are parts missing. A lot of gameplay is changing.

There have been at least 6 patches in the last 6 weeks that changed a lot of gameplay rather drastically to test out what we would do with it.

I hope I was able to help you with understanding the game a bit more and I am sorry if not. If you keep repeating the same statements over and over then I assume you are just trolling.

Maybe someone think Spanish Armada doesn´t have any power, or any ships in the Caribbean Sea.  Error....we control trading an the most of the cities in Naval Action Map.

So I asking myself.....¿¿¿¿Why the game only have one Spanish ship.??????? Absurd ...lack of Historic vision in the game.

More spanish ships will be added later in the game, no need to repeat the same message over and over again. The game's about naval action, it's not about historical Caribbean politics. The Carribean just serves as a background map for players.