Game-Labs Forum

Development plans prioritization - proposals and feedback

player poll  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Please vote on the development plan priorities

• Port Investments/National Projects
    • Production buildings (mines, forges, shipyards)
    • Officers and refined crew management
    • Trading/Contract improvements
    • Pirates mechanics and rules of engagement finalization
    • Improvements of organized events (large/small battles)
    • Resource spawning and shifting when they are mined out
    • Land in battles and port battles
    • Improved forts/Mortar brigs
    • Better command options in large battles (markers etc)
    • Exploration and Delivery missions

Hmm.

So Reverse Calculating this.

It Seems that the Changes Made in the Past were Results of these Polls.

Its nice to know that the Team here seems to care for the Opinion of their Customers :)

What I am missing in the Poll.

Would be an Focus on Interface Improvements.

And Focus on Balancing of Rewards and Money System.

The Interface is Fairly Rustic. Especially Ports could use some Backround Animations or at least Pictures of the Ports to give a bit of an Feeling. 

The Windows etc are all almost Modern Military OS Designs ^^

Its somehow Ruining the Immersion if you Dock at an port and have this Blue Screen there.

The Rewards and Money Balancing needs work as well.

Right now Grinding for Levels is a very Boring Pain.

There should be more Open World Targets and Missions which are making Gold.

For Example One good Way would be to Add Gold Bonus based on Enemy Ships Cargo Value.

Ships hauling Ressources not used for Crafting should get an Additional Default Value thats Shared amongst all Participants if that Ship is Sunk. Rather than only Granting Gold Rewards for Kills and Damage.

Suggestion - Ship Morale in PVE Battles not just Boarding.

Okay, so back in the 18th / 19th Century Ships didn't just fight until they sank. They were far too valuable to sink out of hand, "Striking your Colours" was not dishonourable if you had acquitted yourself well, e.g A Cutter trying to run from a 4th Rate, but was damaged, was expect to put up a token resistance - But no Sane captain would fight to the death versus such over whelming odds. 

So this brought about the term "You did all that Honour Demanded" e.g Don't be stupid and sacrafice your self, ship and ships company for vanity.

Most Ships engaged would strike their colours when the odds became too great or losing was inevitable. 

Therefore I would like to see some kind of mechanic, where ships in PvE would strike rather fighting it out until sunk, which was rare. 

A good example, would be having 2 or 3 reload shocks consecutively who take the fight out of any crew.  Or if you lost all of the armour on one side. 

It would make engagements more decisive in PvE and less of a "Chase a crippled cutter around for 15mins" when the outcome is inevitable - It just doesn't add to gameplay or Realism..

ALSO - THIS GAME IS AWESOME!!! :) 

• Like 1

Suggestion - Ship Morale in PVE Battles not just Boarding.

Okay, so back in the 18th / 19th Century Ships didn't just fight until they sank. They were far too valuable to sink out of hand, "Striking your Colours" was not dishonourable if you had acquitted yourself well, e.g A Cutter trying to run from a 4th Rate, but was damaged, was expect to put up a token resistance - But no Sane captain would fight to the death versus such over whelming odds. 

So this brought about the term "You did all that Honour Demanded" e.g Don't be stupid and sacrafice your self, ship and ships company for vanity.

Most Ships engaged would strike their colours when the odds became too great or losing was inevitable. 

Therefore I would like to see some kind of mechanic, where ships in PvE would strike rather fighting it out until sunk, which was rare. 

A good example, would be having 2 or 3 reload shocks consecutively who take the fight out of any crew.  Or if you lost all of the armour on one side. 

It would make engagements more decisive in PvE and less of a "Chase a crippled cutter around for 15mins" when the outcome is inevitable - It just doesn't add to gameplay or Realism..

ALSO - THIS GAME IS AWESOME!!! :)

Agree! Something I was thinking just yesterday so opened this thread in suggestions:

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/12135-implement-set-of-minimum-conditions-under-which-npc-crews-will-surrender-avoiding-uselessly-protracting-fights/

• Like 1

Seen and given you a like definitely a "Sink, Burn or Take her a prize" option. Personally if it floats, I capture it, send it to my outpost and if it's knackered send it to the Breakers yard for spares. 

But grabbing Cargo is a big draw for me..

Having thought about it some more there would 2 examples where they would fight tooth and nail to the death or try to escape...

Smugglers and Pirates, as basically if they surrender they are all going to be tried and hung from a yard arm anyway. But traders and foreign navy's would strike colours at certain points, even if Pirates and smugglers went down swinging. 

There is only ONE way this game can survive or be "succesful":

START it again, keep the basic battle mechanics, and rework the concept of the open world,

Port Battles, RvR and so on....this can never work....

- If you want a game, like, we sell it, make it good looking and want all players to leave after 1-2 month, it works well

- If you want a Top seller and an MM turn up with a concept, some tutorials, and a DLC concept...

I suspect you are looking for the first and then go for the fast money, adding Premium ships......

This game had potential to be awesome, but I suppose, can never work for players looking for hardcore gaming (what you can expect looking at Gettysburgh)....

I like the direction Naval Action is going, the developers are listening to us and want our input........so I am impressed with almost all the changes.

This awesome game is very unique so we shouldn't be trying to use other games as a model for this one.

And if we did then probably the closest comparison would be Pirates of the Burning Sea and there were things they did very well in that game.

But those developers screwed that game up so badly in the last few years that nearly everyone quit and many are here now including me.

Naval Action looks so beautiful.

I logged into my account at PotBS and it looks cartoonish compared to Naval Action.

Edited by Bert Beard
  • Like 1

I like the direction Naval Action is going, the developers are listening to us and want our input........so I am impressed with almost all the changes.

This awesome game is very unique so we shouldn't be trying to use other games as a model for this one.

And if we did then probably the closest comparison would be Pirates of the Burning Sea and there were things they did very well in that game.

But those developers screwed that game up so badly in the last few years that nearly everyone quit and many are here now including me.

Naval Action looks so beautiful.

I logged into my account at PotBS and it looks cartoonish compared to Naval Action.

Would be interesting to find out why this game is so awesome....put the awesome graphics aside for a moment...

well, the feeling being a Pirate is really special. Played many "Pirate games" in my life, but nothing comes close...

yes, even Sid Meiers Pirates cant compare....ups, I am getting sarcastic now. Right now, you cannot simply call it a "game".

Its run and gun and grind....no content...XP fleet grind, PB grind...1st rate grind....yes sailing is fun....nice...but thenI could

also look out for a "sailing simulator" (hm, good idea, is there on on the market?)....

We will see, if it hits the market in 2 years....

Im glad the economy update is out, Im not big fan of the production stuff myself but I understand its importance.

Now that its over I hope the developers have more time and resources to dedicate to action-oriented gameplay with more interest to ship and crew. Crew management and exploration sound like a fun update in my opinion.

Hiring crew from taverns or local ports

Managing supplies for trips like drinking water, food, guns, gun powder, cannonballs

Adventure in the search for unknown lands

Searching for hidden treasures or hunting valuable cargo ships/whalers

Risk of running low on supplies either starving out your crew or causing mutiny

Anyway, the game is good fun and filled with potential. Cant wait to see whats in the coming updates. :)