Game-Labs Forum

British Empire Strikes Back!

Charles Caldwell

You were all allied against the slrn at one point... but then it was our problem.

Now the shoe is on the other foot you don't seem to like it.

It's only a game fella

here i come to show respect to the achievements, and put my finger on things that are going on, just making conversation and everytime, every comment is basically an attack.

If you dont want other guys to respond on your prestige and achievements under the current circumstances, then dont post it in the first place.

I like the fact how you guys did it. I like the fact it shows us that this game can be unbalanced great  time. 

So back to my initial point, how do you see a framework for a political system ?

• Like 1

I agree, but even though they took Oranjesstad, we still have Kingstown, which shows that we are still king!

Well, the folks in Oranjestad were certainly happy to see our fleet dock!

XCfRHIu.png

It is looking good for us tonight, laters ......

• Like 2

good point konali but the problem is the french, spanish, swedes all have a low amount of active players. They also haven't been taking any of our ports and we have been communicating with them since before the wipe. So you basically want us to attack our own friends to make things more fair? Surely when EA hits there will be other clans of the spanish, french, etc who probably do want to attack us so that will most likely balance things out. Seems quite reasonable doesn't it?

• Like 1

good point konali but the problem is the french, spanish, swedes all have a low amount of active players. They also haven't been taking any of our ports and we have been communicating with them since before the wipe. So you basically want us to attack our own friends to make things more fair? Surely when EA hits there will be other clans of the spanish, french, etc who probably do want to attack us so that will most likely balance things out. Seems quite reasonable doesn't it?

You could always go for a friendly fight? that doesnt hurt does it? it is all getting wiped soon eitherway

You don't need equal numbers to successfully defend a PB. However, you do need defenders in PBs to make them fun and most of the PBs are not defended at all, with time zone issues being the main issue. The Danes mostly flipped early during the day and we generally play mid to late in the evening so the time in which PvP happened was actually quite limited. Also if all the possible places for flag creation are flipped it can takes ages to organise an assault to recover ground. This is what happened so even less PvP resulted as we had nowhere left to assault from as a result of Danish/Dutch expansion.

The mechanic we have needs some improvement and I am sure it will get this over the coming weeks.

Merry Xmas

Sounds like an issue of one/both sides going "reverse cycle" now and then. Time zones should never stand in the way of "walking the walk" gentlemen.

I'm not sure what this even means... Most people can't get on line when they are sleeping or working ;)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Not everyone lives in the same time zone correct?  Not everyone works and sleeps on the same schedule do they?  Operations can be conducted on weekends also, correct?  Just say'n a "reverse schedule" (night shift verses day shift) arrangement does not seem to be out of the question as a possibility as things develop.  I for one have a have a flexible schedule when between contracts.  Perhaps others do too.

But I suspect you are correct... most people can't get on line when they are working/sleeping.  Have a good one...

I dont want to go off topic but that's an interesting idea...the presence of players in a port could drain resource quicker to reflect higher consumption. One for the ideas section sir, good call.

So Kingston/Port Royal would literally empty in five seconds?  ;)

Huzzah for Brittania's most great victory, and I hope to see you honorable clog-wearing danes on the battlefield!

Edited by _Masterviolin