Game-Labs Forum
admin

Patch 9.2 - fast travel and other things

Can't join portbattles with my snow.

Didn't the Russian patch notes say that Merc was the smallest?

Okay first off:

fSjPxJQ.png

What's new:

• Complete overhaul of all ship planking based on their historical sizes (will post more into in the relevant topic in the combat section).
  • Complete rebalance of guns for all ships - 99% of vessels received historical gun load outs.
  • Complete rebalance of gun damage based on research and community feedback
  • Rebalance of Crew focuses - no more strange turning penalties if you have full crew as you only need several men to turn the rudder
  • Rewards added if you won the port battle
  • Information on 10 last port battles and 10 active flags is added to the map.
  • Resource purchases is brought back to certain ports - to provide more opportunities to trade - Can you elaborate?  Does this mean I have to go to a corner of the map to find certain goods?
  • All light ships (except traders) now can participate in port battles.- Does this mean a yacht can participate in shallow only or also deep water pb's?
  • You can leave your NPC ships in port now if you don't need them today - no more losing money on their dismissal - awesome
  • Bots have learnt to use combat upgrades (not only boarding upgrades as before)
  • Martello Towers now can fire during boarding (as the melee fight is happening on land and stairs)
  • Basic stern lights added for testing
  • BR Difference is switched off when attacking at sea - to improve group gameplay. There will be no more unnecessary group splitting if you want to sail with your friends. (5x anti grief mechanic remains) - Fine with me
  • Nation winning the port battle can enter the contested ports
  • Rebalance of admiralty orders locations was implemented - Does this mean the rewards don't suck now? :D
  • Teleport from outpost to outpost without the ship have been added. Assume you are traveling on a balloon or a passenger ship. - awesome, I assume our upgrade hold transfers at least?
  • Weather engine changes - more variety and sun added

Fixed bugs:

• Finally fixed bug that allowed faster reload with low crew.
  • Fixed some minor contract bugs

Tunings:

• USA bots have been added - for some reason USA had 0 NPCs 
  • Battle times have increased to 90 minutes - awesome
  • Battle zone (circle of death) reduction speed decreased more (2x)  - Honestly why not just get rid of the ring if you want line battles to come back?  It really doesn't server any other purpose right now besides preventing that.
  • Cooldown on assault flag creation increased from 3 to 5 hours - I don't remember there being a CD before?  You mean creating another flag from the same port?
  • Chainshot damage increased 50% (-25% less than before the 100% nerf)
  • Medium and long guns damage falloff distance increased (from 1km to 1.5km)
  • Cannon destruction chance increased from 30% to 40% at 0 armor
  • Bonuses of Extra planking, Extra pump, Steel toolbox reduced 50% - Did extra pump and steel toolbox really need a nerf?  Never heard anyone complaining about those.
  • Penetrating leaks creation chance increased  
  • Grape ricochet angle decreased (grape will still always ricochet at narrow angles, despite the armor state)
  • Santisima lost 1 knot of speed
  • St Pavel and Victory lost 0.5 knots of speed
  • Port battle warm up time decreased to 5 minutes - (10 was too long) the other timer have been increased by 5 mins.
  • ^^ Above tunings all sound good on paper for the most part

• Like 1

The Russian notes said something to the effect of all light ships inclusive of Mercury, so it may be that the Snow has been moved into a "heavier" weight class and is not permitted in shallow port battles.  This would be a good thing to F11 so that the Developers can make sure it's not a bug.

So how are 90 min battles supposed to work for people who want to play the real game but only have 1-2 hours playtime?

Admin says yeah make it so everyone has a chance to play, then pull this.

Engage the enemy more closely, or disengage from an indecisive or losing fight. You don't have to wait out the battle timer.

• Like 4

So how are 90 min battles supposed to work for people who want to play the real game but only have 1-2 hours playtime?

Admin says yeah make it so everyone has a chance to play, then pull this.

Who waits for battles to hit 60 minutes to leave anyway?  Sink your ship, or get sunk, or surrender, 75% of the time it will take less than 90 minutes.  This is mostly for large battles where 60 minutes isnt enough time.

• Like 1

Stern ligts on Victory didnt work for me...all ships around got them not my Vicky. Checked both in OS and battle.

I like that events dont have nation teams anymore.

Bug...if you are using a carronade and normal gun mix, the normal guns elevation and so range is skrewd up. Even when disabling the carronades

Thank you so much for adding stern lights, it is just more icing on the cake that is Naval action! :)

• Like 1

The east coast of the United States seems to be populated entirely with US NPCs. I've been sailing around for a few hours. Is this intentional?

Stuff added this patch is nice, biggest bug that stands out: carronades will inhibit your longs from gaining full elevation.

Tank rigged first rates feel squishy now. We can end them quicker than even in ST.

Imho balance needs to be between what we have now and the previous patch where they were nigh unsinkable.

SoLs will find it very dangerous to pummel one another yardarm to yardarm and trade broadsides.

I like the 90 minutes timer but you're dead now long before that hehe.

Port battle loot seems way too generous (my guess is you intended it to be for now): first PvP PB i got into got me 500k gold, 13k XP(!) [unless i am too tired and got my numbers wrong but i think it was that high]

Lights are a nice touch, lightning and rain in battles wee!

Damn, that's a huge reward for what is zero-risk PvE half the time.

No this was PvP in a port defense with three deckers only. PvE rewards are high as well (looks like a pretty much guaranteed crafting note per tower) but not that bad :)

biggest bug that stands out: carronades will inhibit your longs from gaining full elevation.

Ack.  This damn bug again! (Or some new form of it.)

• All light ships (except traders) now can participate in port battles.
  • BR Difference is switched off when attacking at sea - to improve group gameplay. There will be no more unnecessary group splitting if you want to sail with your friends. (5x anti grief mechanic remains)
  • Medium and long guns damage falloff distance increased (from 1km to 1.5km)
  • Cannon destruction chance increased from 30% to 40% at 0 armor     

issues:

• tacking is very easy now, a connie starting from close haul can tack without going into negative speed
  • nations with big populations will eventually have problems with people clicking into important port battles with light ships (either new players or enemy alt characters) denying some sols the participation in the battle
  • 10 people ganking 3 could be toxic group gameplay in the long run, i dont think the 3 people will enjoy their gameplay
  • medium and long guns have the same range for damage fall off?
  • we still cant use single ball in carronades on the topdeck together with double shot loaded in the longs/mediums in the gundeck. simple solution would be to remove doubleshot from carronades

Cannon destruction chance increased from 30% to 40% at 0 armor

this game tracks every shot but when we rake or aim at enemys gun hitboxes we get RNG? why not make it so that when one ball hits a gun it knocks that gun out. (and only this 1 gun, not the one behind it) or if it has to be RNG make it a linear progression like 100% knock out chance at pistol range and 0% at the falloff limit

ps: sternlights are pretty, ai snows still annoying and battlejointimers to long

Edited by Schuetzengel

Everything with a percentage chance isn't a random number game...

Just because you hit a gun doesn't mean it is going to be disabled. The carriage is a large mass of wood and can still function with a six-inch hole in it.

Remember what the game was like before the gun loss "RNG?" In a Lynx you would never end a battle with more than half your guns, and Bellonas would lose their whole main battery.

Is it just me or has night completely disappeared?  It stays evening/dawn all night long.

• Like 1

I've never had a night battle. Only day-dusk-night-dawn-day-dusk-night-dawn-day battles. :P Really hope we get a chance to experience unique realtime battle environments soon. I would absolutely love to have a night battle.

I had a night battle, but dawn came in a few minutes.

I am talking about on the Open World.  It didn't get dark at all, just the light dimmed.

• Like 1

There's no way you got anywhere near 500K gold in a port battle, you are off by a decimal IMO.  We do notice you get a gauranteed blue-yellow mod, a bunch of logs or metals, and a chance for a crafting note.

Anyways we had a nice surprise in PB earlier:

zqxpW4c.png

AI is now bloodthirsty as hell:

OxOHbm0.png

Other cool random stuff:

Vfzq0bs.png

Sw5jtpT.png

kXOHXN7.png

Edited by Booyaah
  • Like 1

I got 14k exp and 364k gold from the same pb , snoppy was in (different side). I got 2 santi kills with something like 39k dmg to santis and some other dmg.

Like that the guns for all ships got ajusted, but mabye the dev should move all guns to the ships hold or so the next time they do something there otherwise everybody will sail with there old gun setup till the ship is gone (just like with the carronde 1st rates befor the wipe).

• Like 2