Game-Labs Forum
admin

Patch 9.2 - fast travel and other things

What's new:

• Complete overhaul of all ship planking based on their historical sizes (will post more into in the relevant topic in the combat section).
  • Complete rebalance of guns for all ships - 99% of vessels received historical gun load outs.
  • Complete rebalance of gun damage based on research and community feedback
  • Rebalance of Crew focuses - no more strange turning penalties if you have full crew as you only need several men to turn the rudder
  • Rewards added if you won the port battle
  • Information on 10 last port battles and 10 active flags is added to the map.
  • Resource purchases is brought back to certain ports - to provide more opportunities to trade
  • All light ships (except traders) now can participate in port battles for shallow water ports (before only brigs and above could do it)
  • You can leave your NPC ships in port now if you don't need them today - no more losing money on their dismissal
  • Bots have learnt to use combat upgrades (not only boarding upgrades as before)
  • Martello Towers now can fire during boarding (as the melee fight is happening on land and stairs)
  • Basic stern lights added for testing
  • BR Difference is switched off when attacking at sea - to improve group gameplay. There will be no more unnecessary group splitting if you want to sail with your friends. (5x anti grief mechanic remains)
  • Nation winning the port battle can enter the contested ports
  • Rebalance of admiralty orders locations was implemented 
  • Teleport from outpost to outpost without the ship have been added. Assume you are traveling on a balloon or a passenger ship. 
  • Weather engine changes - more variety and sun added

Fixed bugs:

• Finally fixed bug that allowed faster reload with low crew.
  • Fixed some minor contract bugs

Tunings:

• USA bots have been added - for some reason USA had 0 NPCs
  • Battle times have increased to 90 minutes
  • Battle zone (circle of death) reduction speed decreased more (2x)  
  • Cooldown on assault flag creation increased from 3 to 5 hours
  • Chainshot damage increased 50% (-25% less than before the 100% nerf)
  • Medium and long guns damage falloff distance increased (from 1km to 1.5km)
  • Cannon destruction chance increased from 30% to 40% at 0 armor
  • Bonuses of Extra planking, Extra pump, Steel toolbox reduced 50%
  • Penetrating leaks creation chance increased  
  • Grape ricochet angle decreased (grape will still always ricochet at narrow angles, despite the armor state)
  • Santisima lost 1 knot of speed
  • St Pavel and Victory lost 0.5 knots of speed
  • Port battle warm up time decreased to 5 minutes - (10 was too long) the other timer have been increased by 5 mins.
  • Like 23

Aaaaah! And I'm able to play all evening!

Some nice changes in this patch, looking forwards to this :D

Alright I can now hire a ship to take me to my new duty assignment - hope the crew has the new ship ready when I get there. ;)

This sounds wrong, why the hell can a connie mount 42lb carronades? having it carry 18lbr cannons(while still being more than it could, it did carry them), but the 42lbr carronades it never carried...

Looks like a nice patch.

The only critique I have at this time would be reducing the warm up time on the Port Battle. I think it would have been easier to leave it alone. Eventually I assume we will have a unique map to fight on and a map to plan with similar to Potbs. We will need at least 10 minutes to plan.

Congratz, connie with 42-pounders....

I know people will disagree with this statement, but we have the USS Constitution and not the USS United States ingame.

Rename the ship or change it back.

EDIT:

Chose whether you want the historic ship that is still floating today, or one of the lesser successful sisters.

Edited by SteelSandwich
  • Like 1

Sister ships President and United States both carried 42pdr carronades. 42pdr carronade weighs less than 12pdr cannon. So really this comes down to how strict we apply the "historical" standard, as it is quite obvious that Constitution could have mounted 42pd carronades without problem. The decision to use 32s may have been based on a number of factors separate from physcial limits and sailing performance (availability, shot handling, etc.) Ultimately I think it comes down to a balance decision.

Congratz, connie with 42-pounders....

I know people will disagree with this statement, but we have the USS Constitution and not the USS United States ingame.

Rename the ship or change it back.

EDIT:

Chose whether you want the historic ship that is still floating today, or one of the lesser successful sisters.

Some mistakes might still be in the selections in and will be fixed

But

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/7621-historical-armaments-and-hull-weights-community-research-project/?p=145948

why do you only respond now.. this was there for very long and was not locked and we actually waited for the comments for good time.

Sister ships President and United States both carried 42pdr carronades. 42pdr carronade weighs less than 12pdr cannon. So really this comes down to how strict we apply the "historical" standard, as it is quite obvious that Constitution could have mounted 42pd carronades without problem. The decision to use 32s may have been based on a number of factors separate from physcial limits and sailing performance (availability, shot handling, etc.) Ultimately I think it comes down to a balance decision.

I still think she should not be allowed 18pdr cannon on top deck, as it clearly represents a gross overarmament state since a lighter (partial) battery of 18s was tried and rejected historically.

I dont know if you relized this, but that is her sister ships, not the connie... also they removed the 18 pounders...

ps for admins statement, some people might have missed that one(i have), cant keep a track of everything.

Edited by OlavDeng2

I still think she should not be allowed 18pdr cannon on top deck, as it clearly represents a gross overarmament state since a lighter (partial) battery of 18s was tried and rejected historically.

So, as i stated, make the choice between the legend or her sister, not the perk of either of them... (the reputation and the armament)

Some mistakes might sneak in

But

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/7621-historical-armaments-and-hull-weights-community-research-project/?p=145948

why do you only respond now.. this was there for very long.

I have!

Look:

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/7504-constitution-and-other-vessels-history-or-gameplay/page-3

In that topic it all boils down to the following:

They want the name Constitution and the armament of her sisters.

So chose:

USS Constitution with 12' or 32' C

With 24'

or

USS United States with 12' or 42' C

With 24'

At some point it becomes pointless to keep up an opinion since the large amount of, mostly americans, are in favor of it.

At some point i fold against the amount of critique.

• Like 1

So, as i stated, make the choice between the legend or her sister, not the perk of either of them... (the reputation and the armament)

I have!

Look:

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/7504-constitution-and-other-vessels-history-or-gameplay/page-3

yes but we use that topic for the armaments discussions and asked for feedback there.

so feel free to intervene now)) guns are easy to fix

Let's not hijack this thread with more minutiae about Constitution's spar deck. If you don't like the 42-pounders, then please go find the dedicated thread concerning Constitution. All the other patch note feedback will get buried in the back-and-forth.

• Like 2

She carried 42s on her first cruise.

Show me proof, i have asked many times, many many times and all i want is one document, anything providing proof that she did in fact cary 42 pounders, as i have never see anything saying so, even searching the internet my self.

Edit: admin wants us to move this discussion, so lets do that and bring your proof... as i have yet to see it even though i have asked many times in the past.

Edited by OlavDeng2

Show me proof, i have asked many times, many many times and all i want is one document, anything providing proof that she did in fact cary 42 pounders, as i have never see anything saying so, even searching the internet my self.

please move to the historical gunnery discussion.

• Like 1