Game-Labs Forum

--A thread for all Naval Action YouTubers to post their video content.--

Firstly, I would like to congratulate the Developers of Naval Action for some truly splendid footage! For anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about, Game Labs has released some new videos to Youtube. They are between 15-30 seconds each, so I highly recommend you check them out in full HD!

The Official Naval Action YouTube Channel can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/user/Navalaction

Secondly, feel free to share your own videos of NA!

• Like 15

Those videos sure look promising!

I love the skies, both in clear weather and when overcast.

About the bow wave and wake...  The wake in Naval Action: Frigates in storm test is what I would expect in calm weather (disclaimer: I've no real world experience).

Apart from the dark, overcast skies, I do not get the feeling it is stormy weather however.

The video Naval Action: Fleet test 3 HD shows some strange clipping in the rigging/spritsail topsail:

169s51z.jpg

(but that is probably a known issue?)

And finally, in all videos, the sails seem to me as too static. Somehow they do not look like the are blown into shape by the wind.

I'm somewhat looking for the sails straining in the rigging. Maybe it is because the buntlines are missing?

Anyhow, I was somewhat hoping it could convey the feeling as shown in:

sl7dk0.jpg

(original size)

All in all, I would like to underline that I'm very much impressed by what is shown in the video clips; especially Naval Action: Light storm test HD is just beautiful!

Cheers,

Brigand

• Like 1

Gentlemen, firstly congratulations on an amazing looking game! I really like where this game is heading.  :D​ 

One thing I did notice was that the sails and flags don't really respond naturally to the wind. For instance, the Corvette Unite clip shows a frigate under full sail travelling at quite a pace, but the sails seem a bit static and the large French flag just sways about lazily. I do realise the "Physx" calculations require a lot of calculating power and I understand graphics are not the most important thing at this stage in development. 

• Like 1

Some very impressive videos!  Well done visually -- especially the broadsides  B)

That said, Naval Action looks to be running at about 2x speed from where my own personal "happy place" would be. I'll withhold judgment until I actually get to play or see more in-game footage, but that's my initial impression. 

• Like 1

Well, its hard to judge this for anything other than its aesthetic quality so early in development, but for the record "Wow".

The visuals are looking even better than I had hoped they would.

A few minor issues aside, this shows some very impressive progress.

Looks great. :D

I don't think British could ever have the seamanship to capture the Constitution, though.   That's a tad unrealistic.   ;)

I dunno. She was a heavy frigate, but the British began using numbers to counter the heavier, well armed Americans. In any scenario I doubt it would be a fair fight.

Thanks for releasing these shots. They look great.  It does look strange to see the banners and flags flapping in the wind but the sails rock solid. I hope your next vids show some maneuvering. I say this because we've talked about tacking. It may prove to irritating to try to manually tack the ship instead of using auto sail if the ships move to fast. I'd like to see a tacking ship.

These vids keep my excitement up for the final product. They are everything I expected. Bravo on the development so far!

Wow! The cannon muzzle flashes are simply amazing!!! The sounds were a little weak though, and the smoke disappeared rather quickly. I take it as an unoptimized  engine, to get some good fps in-game.

The models are absolutely... BRILLIANT! Seriously, no other game out there can match the quality of the models in Naval Action.

The sails and flags behave quite strangely, probably because it is still too early. And daaaammmn, the waves and water interaction are quite good too!

Great work devs!

• Like 6

Some very impressive videos!  Well done visually -- especially the broadsides  B)

That said, Naval Action looks to be running at about 2x speed from where my own personal "happy place" would be. I'll withhold judgment until I actually get to play or see more in-game footage, but that's my initial impression. 

Yeah, they look to all be moving very, very fast to me.

Stunning looking, though.