Game-Labs Forum

Fleet Port Battle Testing

CommodoreWesley

Good evening sailors, soldiers, pirates and gentlemen!

Recently, we have all been testing the new port battle feature, which has been all fun and games, yet there are hardly any instances were there has been a defending side in these ports, therefore we are hardly really testing out the feature.

I believe that many people would prefer that these ports to be more sufficiently defended by players.  

Now, several members of the Dutch faction are willing to engage in testing PvP port battles.  However, due to geographical difficulties and a lack of people attacking our own ports, we ourselves have been feeling a bit bored, and I bet other factions are feeling the same.

~~~~~

As of now, port battles done by the Dutch will largely only be for the PvP purpose, as we have really no other need to capture any more (as we have way more than enough resources).  We are willing to engage in port battle PvP with any faction that wishes so.  This may possibly include factions that we have friendly relations with.  This is not a declaration of WarWe are not fighting for hostile reasons, but just to test out the mechanics.  

~~~~~

Yet, because we want these ports to be defended when we attack, we are looking for suggestions for organizing port battles so that we can properly test them.

One suggestion is that we will announce the port or area that we will attack in 24 hours in advance.  By doing so, there should be sufficient time to create a defense, and even perhaps interesting fleet battles trying to intercept the flags before they reach the targeted port.

The other is to have a week long competition in a certain area of the map (most likely Haiti).

Feel free to add your own suggestions or thoughts below.

• Like 5

I'm all for this!

Basically we want to test the mechanics to find out how they really affect the game and give proper feedback to the devs about this. That ofc also includes the flag mechanics and all the possibilities that mechanic provides.

Good fight, good night!

One suggestion is that we will announce the port or area that we will attack in 24 hours in advance.  By doing so, there should be sufficient time to create a defense, and even perhaps interesting fleet battles trying to intercept the flags before they reach the targeted port.

Great idea, this should become a game feature.

then its still possible to do a sneak attack, yet the most honorable thing to do is to announce your attack.

I am sure this is something SLRN would be interested in.

That is very good news!

The coming days will be used to set up a base to operate from and Im pretty sure we can arrange some proper PB's from wednesday on.

I would suggest the following groundrules:

- At least 1 port per nation in the area will be free from attacks, so it can be used for creating flags.

- Portbattles will be announced 24hrs ahead by a pm between the 2 nations.

If possible can we discuss further details on ts tonight?

I'll pm you as soon as I can estimate how late I'll be online tonight.

Looking forward to this, lets test different setups of fleets and Regional capitals as they will come available after coming patch.

Grtzzz Bubbles