Game-Labs Forum

Historical suggestions, for the betterment of all?

In your educated opinion..  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Ive read this and I...

• Strongly Agree
    • Agree
    • Somewhat agree
    • neither agree or disagree
    • somewhat disagree
    • disagree
    • Strongly disagree
    • Pagan Pete is a LOUT and should be hanged!!! _____O--|-<

• 2 weeks later...

From my perspective the issue with pirates is that they still get gold just for hitting people. 

I mean, if you fight for an empire that makes sense. The empire has very specific enemies and they pay you to hurt them.

If you're a pirate on the other hand it doesn't make sense, the pirates aren't at war with everyone else, they are thieves. Picking targets should be a matter of who you can steal something from, not simply a free for all with gold rewards for any act of mayhem you commit. 

• 4 weeks later...

All pirates want is a small ship and a chance to be free. Please don't force us to play this game like a naval officer. It will ruin the game for us.

Exactly, and this is not provided by the game anvironment, nor supported by the Pirate community.

Everyone laughs their a* off, If I sail on my PRIVATEER, being ranked Ravanger, and if I might attack a Pirates Traders Brig I get instantly blacklisted and hunted down by KOTO

and other clans on their 3rd rates ! 3rd rates, a joke.

Dont get me wrong, I have nothing against Russian and their ships, but bringing Russian ships into the Carribean is just marketing, well it is, so what?

Of course, the Spanish should have the Santissima and no one else. Even the Danish and Swedish had enough warships to select from to make this a real game,

but right now, it is mixing everything together, time periods and nations.

It makes no sense at all and so I only play "small battles", at least small ships are of some use there. The world outside is basically a massive WoW-grind.

I am too old for this boys....

But I am not complaining, I like the small battles, still good value for money, but dont expect your dreams come true. There will never be a "real" pirate feel

with this Jack Sparrow generation....

• Like 1

A easy fix is to make captureing 3rd rates extremely hard because for the most part a ship of 200 men doesn't stand a chance against a ship of 600... And please do not use the rare occassion that historically it can be done because key word here is RARE

Exactly, and this is not provided by the game anvironment, nor supported by the Pirate community.

Everyone laughs their a* off, If I sail on my PRIVATEER, being ranked Ravanger, and if I might attack a Pirates Traders Brig I get instantly blacklisted and hunted down by KOTO

and other clans on their 3rd rates ! 3rd rates, a joke.

Dont get me wrong, I have nothing against Russian and their ships, but bringing Russian ships into the Carribean is just marketing, well it is, so what?

Of course, the Spanish should have the Santissima and no one else. Even the Danish and Swedish had enough warships to select from to make this a real game,

but right now, it is mixing everything together, time periods and nations.

It makes no sense at all and so I only play "small battles", at least small ships are of some use there. The world outside is basically a massive WoW-grind.

I am too old for this boys....

But I am not complaining, I like the small battles, still good value for money, but dont expect your dreams come true. There will never be a "real" pirate feel

with this Jack Sparrow generation....

Now your best way - you go to the british. Then u can cry every day about the pirates and call with other no-pirates for a nerf.

If the dev's nerf pirates they lose many players and have massiv shit storm. They are not stupid. ????

Edited by C0deX

Some pretty interesting poins, OP.

Pirates in 3rd rates gave me headaches (pun intended) from day one.

Piracy should be all about hit&run in small, fast vessels, stuffed with guns and boarding parties.

Naval Action should not miss the chance to make piracy demanding and more historically accurate.

So: plunder, plunder, even more plunder. Not nation building and building pirate Navies as large as only the most sophisticated and rich European countries could afford to maintain.

THis game is a massive grind machine. Does not matter if I play British or pirates. As long as the TELEPORT is there,

I dont need to worry about my TRADERS SNOW being captured by anyone.

Therefore, Pirates never have any chance to capture a big fish in the open waters. Majority of PLAYERS don´t like to loose anything,

and that is the way it is constructed. A massive grind to get a Santissima/Victory and as far as I experienced in TS, players only are driven by that.

Any effort to create a pirate mission (like I did, set a bounty on a Dutch player I know) are in vain. Too much effort, no reward and to complicated.

So, lets XP FLEET !!!

omg

Stop dreaming boys....