Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Capt-Pugwash

ai ships not initiating battle

Title speaks for itself, the ai engagement system seems to be broke at the moment. I have not had any ai attempt to engage me sailing a variety of vessels.

• Like 3

some people i i know got rather unlucky and got constantly atacked by brigs and so on.

Yes, it definitely doesn't look like it's working anymore. I've sailed a Frigate right into a number of enemy Frigate's paths and they just continue sailing on by.

It still happens.  The frequency must have been turned down because rightly so it was a major complaint.

Title speaks for itself, the ai engagement system seems to be broke at the moment. I have not had any ai attempt to engage me sailing a variety of vessels.

This is a game for your :) not for NPC enjoyment.

Current AI is for you. 

In the future some aggressive NPC privateers will come back and will join battles or attack you. 

• Like 2

You say this is for our enjoyment but as it is it has lessened the enjoyment. Seeing an enemy vessel and deciding whether I need to avoid it or can maintain my course is part of the fun and realism. As it is I can sail blindly ignoring all vessels which to be frank really sucks. 

I think this is by design. So we can choose what to attack. Of course it doesn't help Neutral players much. It has however stopped almost completely the pirate players in game enjoying the pick of battles to join just before the timer runs out due to players having AI fun in their own place and time.

Suggest a diplomatic system.

Nation A - hostile - might not attack, but I can attack them.
Nation B - at war - will attack (if the odds is good)
Nation C is allied - can't attack them
Pirate will always attack (but need better odds)

This way some NPCs will attack and others will not. 

Today, I was getting attacked left and right by ships with similar BR ratings, so I believe in the new patch it is "fixed".  AI will now attack you again.

• Like 1