Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Haratik

'Pandora' 1779 (With Plans)

I know there's a pdf file on this ship somewhere, but I kept getting a malware warning, so I might as well post what I've found directly.  I've also seen the Pandora suggested here, but with no plans to speak of.

51px-British-White-Ensign-1707.svg.pngGreat Britain Name: HMS Pandora Ordered: 11 February 1778 Builder: Adams & Barnard, Grove Street shipyard, Deptford Laid down: 2 March 1778 Launched: 17 May 1779 Completed: 3 July 1779 at Deptford Dockyard Commissioned: May 1779 Fate: Wrecked on 28 August 1791 in theTorres Strait. Class & type: 24-gun Porcupine-class sixth-rate post ship Tons burthen: 524 (bm) Length:

• 114 ft 7 in (34.93 m) (overall)
  • 94 ft 9.5 in (28.893 m) (keel)

Beam: 32 ft 3 in (9.83 m) Draught:

• 7 ft 4 in (2.24 m)
  • 11 ft (3.4 m)

Depth of hold: 10 ft 3 in (3.12 m) Sail plan: Full-rigged ship Complement: 160 (140 by 1815) Armament:

• As built:
  • Upper deck: 22 × 9pdrs
  • Quarterdeck: 2 × 6pdrs
  • By 1815:
  • Upper deck: 14 × 9pdrs + 8 × 18pdrcarronades
  • Quarterdeck: 2 × 6pdrs

I obtained the images from a website I've been visiting lately, in particular a thread of someone building the Pandora: http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/844-hms-pandora-1779-cad-build-log/

http://modelshipworld.com/uploads/monthly_03_2013/post-1575-0-89847900-1362193029.jpg

I'd like to post the rest of the pics, but they were all done to scale for the model, the above picture was before scaling.

Cheers

Edit: Image was not showing, link'd instead.

Edited by Hairy Fishnuts

I don't see how she could have an 1815 armament and complement if she was wrecked in 1791. By the way, this is the ship that was sent to hunt down the HMS Bounty and her mutineers. There is a detailed book on her in the Anatomy of the Ship series. Pretty sure she has been posted here before, so you might want to search and see if you can combine resources.

Plans

UrRIi4b.jpg

These are from another member of the Porcupine class (Amphitrite) rather than Pandora herself, but close enough  ;)​ 

The later specified armament will be from other members of the class who survived longer.

• Like 3

This ship is in the game files and has textures and everything.  It probably won't be long until we see it, the Ocean, and Agamemnon.