Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Flavalicious

Would it be possible for us to test distance based leaving of battles?

Leaving battles is far too easy, to the ridicule point, that`s for sure. 1 minute longer time out, would be good start, and some distance requirements. Vanished-vortexed ships in distance of 150m should not be a case in this game. 

You know, I just remembered that I had one situation where I completely demasted a trader ship, and then went to deal with his fleet... Had barely started engaging the fleet by the time the trader ship vanished into nothingness. Just ridiculous.

battles should remain open 10 minutes and tag should last 3minute at list

ppl that join in the istance should got put faar away based on the timer like +500mt every minute

• Like 1

They could also add an option (perhaps via the repair menu? or make a whole new one) to move stern chasers into the bow and vice versa.  It would obviously take time but I believe this is realistic as well.

battles should remain open 10 minutes

Nope. they should not. Unsure in terms of how many ships will enter battle makes fight less predictable. As result many of players choose to not fight at all, because if you begin, with high chances after few minutes you will not be able to retreat. Nice example of it now goes around fort Bai, where battle situation changes to often. It become racelike pvp, when some group attack, then run, then attack again over and over. its ridiculous speedrun with slowest one going down.

p.s. Distance quit isn't good. Timer includes distance case, but distance doesn't include timer case. You can run forever from other player with equal speed, instead of leave when he can't keep you in fight with cannons. But if you get distance, it means you get timer too.

Nope. they should not. Unsure in terms of how many ships will enter battle makes fight less predictable. As result many of players choose to not fight at all, because if you begin, with high chances after few minutes you will not be able to retreat. Nice example of it now goes around fort Bai, where battle situation changes to often. It become racelike pvp, when some group attack, then run, then attack again over and over. its ridiculous speedrun with slowest one going down.

p.s. Distance quit isn't good. Timer includes distance case, but distance doesn't include timer case. You can run forever from other player with equal speed, instead of leave when he can't keep you in fight with cannons. But if you get distance, it means you get timer too.

Well I think it makes sense that you could just run forever and chase forever in ships of equal speeds. I mean, if you are both in ships of equal speeds, you're likely in the same ship, therefore the runner would have a chance of winning a fight against the chaser. I think the distance idea is probably the best one, since with it simply being time, you could be right beside your enemy and then vanish all of a sudden. Not exactly my idea of realism.

I think the distance has been working well for traders, I'd be interested in seeing how it works for players. I suppose one downside would be griefing - perhaps if you introduce distance, you leave the current timer in, but simply up it to 15 or 20 minutes with no damage?  

but simply up it to 15 or 20 minutes with no damage?  

WHAT????

I think the distance has been working well for traders, I'd be interested in seeing how it works for players. I suppose one downside would be griefing - perhaps if you introduce distance, you leave the current timer in, but simply up it to 15 or 20 minutes with no damage?  

Double the time we have versus AI. Gives both chaser and runner a chance to prove their sailing prowess and still provides more than enough for human versus human combat - with or without furl sails trick.