Game-Labs Forum

ships needed to leavle up

so now that there is a new update we have to sail ships and get kills in them to leave up. this is a problem because we have the rank to sail bigger ships then what they want us to sail. last pach i was flag captain and able to fully sail my connie now i am Kapitein and only have 64 % of the crue that i had before. why did you do this to us. i now need to get 15 kils in a Renommee and 15 in the Surprise so now i need to go out and find them boath or get them crafted. i dont have the gold to get them. this makes i nearly imposabal for me to leavle up.why did you do this and can you fix

• Like 1

I would think this is also going to accentuate the problems with the RNG driven recipe drops. For example, I'm at level 38 but can't build the lower tier (Privateer, Pickle and Mercury) ships newer players will need.

I understand they plan on addressing accelerating recipe drops either with or shortly after the port battles are introduced, but it is a bit of a problem right now.

• Like 1

Right now it is adjust and accept. There is Simply nothing you can do. It is not like they are going to roll-back stuff.

So here are some tips:

- Take whatever ship you have right now, make money and every xp you get is bonus, When you have enough money you can contact nation guys to craft ships for you that you need to level up. Those ships if you do not loose durabilties you could sell to other players again. 

- I know you are from the Dutch nation so contact us ingame, we have a ship order list, where you can put down your name, and most likely you will be contacted by one of the crafters.

This patch has once more ensured the need for working together. if you do like to solo play, all you have to do is ask one of the crafters to help you get a ship you need to level up. This system might need tweaking for sure, but it sure as hell reinforced the position of crafting ships again.

Give it a try before you give up.

• Like 2

My official suggestion would be to make it 15 kills in a basic ship (cerb for example) and 15 in surprise OR renommee. That way your only aqquiring one crafting only ship. Would make it 50% more achievable for most

a better system than being able to choose which ships to do it or using a basic ship would to be simply using rating, get 15 kills in a 6th rate, get 25 kills in a 4th rate etc... that being said, part of the reason to using specific ship system is to force testing of certain ships.

• Like 3

a better system than being able to choose which ships to do it or using a basic ship would to be simply using rating, get 15 kills in a 6th rate, get 25 kills in a 4th rate etc... that being said, part of the reason to using specific ship system is to force testing of certain ships.

This would be a better system. Kills by Rate rather than a specific ship.

Also make a basic version available to craft at 'x' crafting level that could be used for this purpose, rather than relying on RNG special recipes to drop. This would give the shipbuilders a guaranteed recipe to provide ships, and give player choice as to which ship they wish to grind and level with.

I feel a little code borrowed from the early arena only testing period may have found its way into the OW phase ? A slight tweak to the above would I find calm everyones grief stricken panic :)

(Lets not forget that those blatantly using the duplicate reinforcement method of spawning in ships will already have an advantage in the number of special recipes available to their Nation/Clan) Leaving others behind the arms race who refused to miss-use the broken game mechanic. Morale high ground maybe, but outclassed both on the battlefield and in ship building.

• Like 1

Going to give this  a break for awhile. 

I am 1600 + into testing this game and the grind to level back up honestly and craft is more than I can give anymore.

Now the ai outrun you and game over and faster than we will ever be able too change boarding commands and wipe you out it has ceased to be fun anymore.

Having to grind anything this much to advance honestly only appeals to the hard core 10 hour a day players I am burnt out from trying to keep up since ow started and even playing 8-14 hours a day 7 days a week at times I still was passed like I was going the other way by players that got to Rear Admiral weeks ahead of level I am at which is still 20k from that rank.

Ships that use to be around to break if you were trying to level up crafting are apparently moved to more populated ports so moving my crafting center once again is not going to happen too much resources to move and loss not worth it in as to do so would require too much personal real time to do.

Sledge hammer changes with no warning like this with drastic results (maybe wrong word so chose one you like) has killed the enjoyment of testing this as I know the only way to keep up is to exploit the game.

I enjoyed taking on large ai fleets and trying to survive now they run or just no chance at all ZERO of even having the remote chance to cap 2 frigates and a cerb with a modded to the hilt 8 mod slot frigate thanks to  the changes so the grind went up I bet 64% to ever have a chance to craft with broken ships that option flew out the window if only a couple of ppl are trying to do crafting as a team.

Sad to give this up I liked it but time is better spent elsewhere I think.

Good luck !

• Like 1

Participation in Trafalgar or smaller evens will allow players to get necessary honor victories. 

In fact those battles start every 30 mins.

It is not the sinking of the targets that is the problem, it is the availability if the correct hull to sail that is. The game mechanic as it stands is forcing you to sail in ship 'X' when there really shouldn't be such a specific requirement.

• Like 2

Strange. I replied to this topic earlier and have even got some likes for the post....but somehow my post had disappeared.

I guess the forum god deleted it.

Oh well, I am just a player, my opinion is not worthy.

I deleted it

Posts containing foul language will be deleted despite their content. Adding a spoon of *** to a jar or honey creates a jar of ****. Same with posts.  When you came here you signed up for the rules as well. You were doing that in game chat and decided to continue here? 

It will be much better if you change your ways to get along here.

• Like 3

Yeah this whole "you need X" to progress is nonsense. One of the BIGGEST selling points to my friends when Steam release happens is that there's no ridid progression. It's straightforward based on damage. Now I have to sail ships I hate vehemently to do anything, I play and test different features where I can but this is too much. I am an adult that cannot donate hundreds of hours just to do anything. This needs adjusting. Straightforward.

• Like 1

so now that there is a new update we have to sail ships and get kills in them to leave up. this is a problem because we have the rank to sail bigger ships then what they want us to sail. last pach i was flag captain and able to fully sail my connie now i am Kapitein and only have 64 % of the crue that i had before. why did you do this to us. i now need to get 15 kils in a Renommee and 15 in the Surprise so now i need to go out and find them boath or get them crafted. i dont have the gold to get them. this makes i nearly imposabal for me to leavle up.why did you do this and can you fix

you are a tester get used to it

Please provide your constructive feedback on the current rank progression feature in the following thread to keep it all in one place:

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/7577-feedback-on-the-current-progession-system-patch-8/

Locking this thread so we can use the new official one.  :)