Game-Labs Forum

Making forums a better place

• Forum suggestions come into the forum suggestions section
  • For insults there is a report button
  • less ****-posting makes the forum a better place

I mean, u should make this forum without banning people, just ignore insults. that would be good.

I mean, u should make this forum without banning people, just ignore insults. that would be good.

But then you do the excact oppisite of what you are proposing, then you make the forum a worse place, the flood gates would be opened and a lot of shit posts and such would be posted.

Maybe moderators could make the forums a better place? How about moderators actually start giving warning points and banning for insulting others?

Or is that too much to ask for?

Are you referring to a specific event or person?  If so, did you report the issue?   We do everything we can to catch things, but we are just community volunteers, and things will sometimes slip through.  Reports will be promptly dealt with in most cases.

While we are on the subject, what exactly are the warning points and what do they do? Just a bit curious.

I got a warning point and i still really can't tell you WT Heck they are all about, such is the nature of being online with a bunch of other people. ;)

While we are on the subject, what exactly are the warning points and what do they do? Just a bit curious.

Warnings allow moderators to log action taken against an individual.  They are generally given when a poster violates the rules more than once.  

A rule violation or two is usually just hidden, but if you become someone who is a common name amongst the staff as someone who violates the rules, you'll find your grace period begins to run out.  There is a post in News and Announcements that list the rules for the game and forums.  I'll link it here so everyone can go refresh themselves on the rules for the game/posting in the forums (you can see the whole post by clicking the little arrow in the upper right corner of the quote.  Part of that post has the warnings and how they work:

Warnings and bans Policy

The list below shows the structure of our warning and suspension policy. This policy may be bypassed completely in favor of permanent revocation of a forum user’s posting privileges.

1st  offence – warning

2nd  offence – 2 day pre-moderation

3rd  offence – 2 suspension

4th offence– 7 day suspension

5th offence or more – 14 day suspension

Additional warnings can result in a permanent ban depending on the severity of the case..

Now be aware, the above is really a guideline.  If I hop on to take a look around the forums and someone is happily posting the same message on every thread they can load, I'm not going to bother with a verbal-only warning, I'll give them a warning point and attach repercussions to it.  We can put them in pre-moderation (a super moderator such as Admin or a Developer must approve any post they make before it becomes visible on the forums), remove their ability to create new posts/threads (either on a countdown timer, e.g. 1 day, or permanently), which still allows them to PM, or we can suspend the account (again, either on a timer or permanently).  Account suspensions that happen before enough warning points are accrued are generally limited to people who, after getting their ability to post removed, then turn to abusing the PM system instead.

Hope that answers your questions sir.  :)

• Like 1