Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Capt-Pugwash

ship plans/recipies

I propose that when you break up a ship you automatically receive the recipe/plan for that type of ship. This would encourage capturing higher class ships to progress in crafting rather than what i find a very frustrating system with random rewards.

Well why not make it u need to break down an X number of a ship to gets its plans. This would then give an incentive. I find this random giveaway very unappealing. As it is someone gets a good recipe and they churn that type of ship out anyway.

• Like 1

Well why not make it u need to break down an X number of a ship to gets its plans. This would then give an incentive. I find this random giveaway very unappealing. As it is someone gets a good recipe and they churn that type of ship out anyway.

i disagree with this, however a nice middle ground would be the more often you break a ship up the higher the chance for a recepy to a certain point.

eg: first time 1% chance, second time 2%, 3d time 3% all the way to 50% or something

• Like 4

i disagree with this, however a nice middle ground would be the more often you break a ship up the higher the chance for a recepy to a certain point.

eg: first time 1% chance, second time 2%, 3d time 3% all the way to 50% or something

With all due respect, this is even worse.

Groups will exploit this, why would 15 people do the frigate recipe grind separate, when they can feed one?

Result: 1 guy gets all the brigs, gets the highest % change, he will give his boosters navy brig and pickle recipes when he gets them.

Next step: belle poule

Result: a different guy gets all the frigates, gets the highest % change, he will give his boosters surprise, rennomee and Belle Poule recipes when he gets them.

This is a massive exploit and changes the need to 'search' for recipes as one can just simply farm them.

• Like 1

With all due respect, this is even worse.

Groups will exploit this, why would 15 people do the frigate recipe grind separate, when they can feed one?

Result: 1 guy gets all the brigs, gets the highest % change, he will give his boosters navy brig and pickle recipes when he gets them.

Next step: belle poule

Result: a different guy gets all the frigates, gets the highest % change, he will give his boosters surprise, rennomee and Belle Poule recipes when he gets them.

This is a massive exploit and changes the need to 'search' for recipes as one can just simply farm them.

That is true, however that being said i think this would be a lot better than a set system of after x amounts of break ups you get the ships, however leaving it entirely random i think isnt too good either as logically speaking when you take a part a certain thing, the more often you do it the better you learn said thing which makes it logical.

Or allow yourself to use crafters notes to enhance the percentage of you finding it.

It makes sense since you will be writing things down and studying with the use of the notes. So you can use one crafters note per break up and it increases the chances of you finding one by 15%. It makes you choose between items with massive value.

id like to say it would have to be a 5 dura boat for that to be possable still having a gold sink ingame because you would need to buy the 5 dura boats 1 dura captureds could provide a extremely rare chance like a .01% chance to get the recpie

why not pay to reverse engineer a ship ..for an extremely high cost and a week real time or something, alongside the current system?

Edited by Generaljake
  • Like 2

I can now craft Privateers and also have 2 Privateer Recipies,can i "Sell" them or transfer ownership?

I've been told that you can put them in the hold of a ship and then let someone capture that ship. There is a percentage chance of getting what the players have in his hold. 

- It's been tested and it's worked for some, not for others. :) 

I've been told that you can put them in the hold of a ship and then let someone capture that ship. There is a percentage chance of getting what the players have in his hold. 

- It's been tested and it's worked for some, not for others. :)

I think it would be more reasonable to sell / buy it in the shop

I did sold a recipe today in Willemstad for 0 Gold, but nobody can buy this.

Could this be fixed please or will there be another way around ?

Thank you for your time.

Nico

Or simply to divide ship plans into different parts/ ship plan sheets, like in reality (blueprints)

So they would be more scqrse, but then it is nessesary to be able to trade them ofcourse.

(I just like the way warframe put their system together, can't help it :$)