Game-Labs Forum
jodgi

Ship Speeds - Testing and Discussion

Ech, I have reported on speed changes, apparently "ä" sorts differently than the unicode of ä. So disregard the changes. :(

The charts are ok, tho.

I suspect the last "ninja" nerf to pirate rig (from -10% square / +10 jib and spanker to -10/+10 only jib and a not relevant +2.5% to spankers) coupled to missing ANY means to add sail force bonus to spankers (only to jib on other mods/books) would be a crippling blow to quite a few ships. Not to change, especially to LRQ.

I previously said port upgrades will be killing DLC (square rigged) ships.
Port bonuses are only slightly nerfed and will keep making Herc/Herm/Ratt totally not competitive against port upped same sized ships. I said LRQ would stay fine being so different.

These changes to mods would make her too closer to not competitive.
So I'd say a) we'd need some other means to get spanker sail force bonus, (that's lost also on schooners - and IT'S QUITE WEIRD that spanker, that's very efficient closehauling getting nerfed) like a specialized mod (interesting for schooners, gunboats and especially Princes too)

b) SURELY - we'd need added option to redeem (let's say within a month - now it's not relevant) in place of the full ship, ship permit to craft preferred DLC ship as a normal one... thus with all port bonuses, increased superior ship drop chance (and putting an end to the P2W crap).

Otherwise DLCs from being (wrongly) P2W will end being P2L (PayToLose). That's quite close to a fraud.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Liberalism said:

Remember all the times LRQ got nerfed because of crazy speeds achieved with elite pirate rig? Now we have both the nerfed ship because of mod and nerfed mod.

Indeed she's ending being nerfed (moreover with unavailability of port bonuses) like other DLCs ending closer to P2Lose.
For veterans, it's not an issue (aside eventual bucks spent)... for new comers getting DLCs would be VERY upsetting.

Sincerely a tiny love back would be advisable... or a total rework of the ship (and her profile: being slower than a 1st rate downwind is stupid--- and unreal as for other fore-aft: no ship ever achieves higher speeds at close haul than broad reach).

Site updated.

Hulk Indiaman and Redoutable are getting onboard.

Leo tweaked a little:

Degrees from wind

Ship 0 15 30 45 60 75 90 105 120 135 150 165 180
Leopard 0.38 0.47 0.36 0.69 0.62 0.59 0.54 0.41 0.17 -0.10 -0.32 -0.54

10 hours ago, Gustav_Fuchs said:

Gents, about this one: https://sites.google.com/view/speedtrials/charts
how can I remove all graphs at once and then add what I need instead of removing all one by one?

You can't and I'm sorry about that. The service/software I use for this (infogr.am) doesn't have this feature. I've been in contact with them and requested this feature but nothing has come of it... I'm no longer holding my breath.

• Like 1

Site updated... (finally)

I should note that we haven't checked the numbers in a long time, so give a holler if things are off.