Game-Labs Forum

"Do you want reinforcements from *Nation*?"

So i was just in a battle with Ellis and Booyah, during the battle a Pirate join the battle on our side. 

The pirate boarded and captured one of the ships that we were fighting and left with the captured ship, he then ran off (he was in a frigate, we were in 74's and therefore could not catch him).

It was quite frustrating not being allowed to fire at the Pirate in our battle. His intentions might have been good (I doubt pirates have good intentions but there is a chance.) but i was not interested in having a pirate run off with a 74. 

Therefore i would like to suggest that when someone tries to join your side of a battle, a popup appears. 

The popup would ask; "Do you want reinforcements from *Nation*?" 

You could choose yes, or no, if you chose no it means that noone from that nation will be able to join your side of the battle to reinforce you. 

This might be a crappy solution so i hope someone else has some good ideas as to how we can prevent the above from happening again.

Cheers.

• Like 7

I wouldnt mind a fleshing out of the battle join system. I (USA) came across a small ship battle of GB vs France. I can only join the battle on one of their sides. I would like the option to join the battle as a third party? I think this would make even more sense for the pirates in your situation.

As for loot, perhaps if they join the battle on your faction's side they should split loot/captured boats at the end of battle (no idea how that would work...) or maybe it all goes to the person(or fleet) who started the battle to make helping a buddy in battle purely altruistic and not an event to capitalize on. 

Battle salvagers should be viable targets, or, from the other perspective, salvaging should carry risk.

More (3+) in-battle factions would also make it more important to fight in smart places. Heavily traveled trade lanes would be dangerous places to start battles and they could spiral out of control quickly. 

Thx

Coolbord9

​Reinforcements are lame!

​It is just BS for a ship to macgially appear in your battle, so some schmoo can escape being boarded. 

This is not at all realistic. Its just frustrating. We complained in the past about players NOT fighting, now they have a magic escape button to get away in their trade ships. 

Arrrr :angry: 

Yes I agree, someone in the original group needs the power to accept or deny additional reinforcements.  When entering a battle, the person who made the initial tag should get a popup saying:

<playerank> <playername> from <country> sailing on <ship name> would like to join your battle as an ally.  Do you accept?

The same goes for auto AI reinforcements.

Edited by Booyaah
  • Like 1

I say its fine as is. It is to bad that happened to Tommy but it happened, what, once out of a hundred fights?  Now, if they implemented what you suggest I would care less. I just don't think its necessary and adds problems to the game that would need fixing when I just want them to focus on more content. I know for sure I wouldn't want to be about to fire my cannon on the enemy and a pop up appears that I have to address causing me to miss my opportunity.

I say its fine as is. It is to bad that happened to Tommy but it happened, what, once out of a hundred fights?  Now, if they implemented what you suggest I would care less. I just don't think its necessary and adds problems to the game that would need fixing when I just want them to focus on more content. I know for sure I wouldn't want to be about to fire my cannon on the enemy and a pop up appears that I have to address causing me to miss my opportunity.

Well, it's happened to me 4 times now in total and it's just as frustrating every time.

I said my solution might not be the best.

Now i have another:

- Simply make Pirates unable to join battles happening between 2 nation's (eg, France vs Britain = Pirate's can't enter).

• Like 2

I think I'm with you on the Pirate idea Tommy. I almost mentioned that in my last post. I'm not sure that any nation in those days would suffer pirates sailing along side them in battle. You could also change the basic rule thats in place that prevents more than two nations being in a fight at the same time by allowing pirates to join and try to drag off a straggler for themselves but open to the fire of both nations.

I sail around and help people against NPC or other players. Until release this is needed - because it gives more opportunities to fight. It does not matter if he is a pirate or not. He raised a flag to help you against the enemy, this is how it works currently. 

You cannot take away (steal) the ship that has been already boarded (captured). If the ship is not boarded its fair game for everyone. We cannot control player behavior - taking your ships will be done by your nation mates as well (and it was happening in OW); traders drop loot now expect many people stealing your trader brigs on Early Access. After Trafalgar HMS Pickle met a ship at sea and shared the news on the glorious victory, instead of continuing on the course that ship's Captain tried to reach England himself hoping for the prize for delivering the news first.

Then you as a player (Frekken or whoever) have the ability to say 'yes I want this person to join me' and others who are not particularly fond of a person can say 'no I don't want them magically to be made my ally when I would attack them any other time'.  Win/win for both sides.  Sometimes ppl maybe having a gentleman's duel 1v1 fair odds and then someone comes in all bloodthirsty and mucks it all up.

Edited by Booyaah