Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Crankey

New Alt character, solution to abuse

Simplzzz (Said in a squeaky Meerkat voice)

1) Allow character creation back, put a simple timer on a new character that doesn't allow deletion for 7 days.

2) Make the yacht provided on a new account 0 saleable value, or if its easier start it with 4 dura so that it cannot be offered for sale.

3) Don't give new characters starter cash. It really isn't needed.

Anyone who can't make 10-20k in the game in a week is a very sad individual indeed.....

• Like 6

The starting money was extremely nice for being able to at least buy some decent guns for the starter ship, which reduces a new person's potential pain by a lot. That said, it doesn't have to be 10k, maybe just enough for some 12lb-ers. :)

• Like 1

The starting money was extremely nice for being able to at least buy some decent guns for the starter ship, which reduces a new person's potential pain by a lot. That said, it doesn't have to be 10k, maybe just enough for some 12lb-ers. :)

Aye you have a point a small amount of cash to buy some 12's or to invest that money instead in trade. Just so that it isn't sufficient amount to be appealing to recycle alts as a money making venture.

I'd personally prefer starting with no gold too.

Edited by Vovolov

Simplzzz (Said in a squeaky Meerkat voice)

1) Allow character creation back, put a simple timer on a new character that doesn't allow deletion for 7 days.

2) Make the yacht provided on a new account 0 saleable value, or if its easier start it with 4 dura so that it cannot be offered for sale.

3) Don't give new characters starter cash. It really isn't needed.

Anyone who can't make 10-20k in the game in a week is a very sad individual indeed.....

week? i do 20k in 30min...

week? i do 20k in 30min...

20k is a good long 2v2 in frigates even when you sink. 

logged on yesterday looks like i am not the only one that not are gonna test/play before this is even out.

Even out?  We are in testing and it will all be wiped in a month or two or three anyway.  It isn't fair that I got a basic yacht to start with while others got mastercraft.  But that is ok.  Because life isn't fair and you work with what you have.

My first yacht was a "fine" one.

If you give people just enough money to buy better cannons then why not just start them out with the better cannons instead of giving them money?

I see the value in some starting funds in buying an outpost. With the US coast being devoid of any opposing nation ships (why I don't understand. Its very frustrating) then the only option for the US player is to stretch out to a far flung island and test their luck there. Its nice to be able to set up the outpost there since your outpost in Charleston is practically USELESS for you by this point.

How did folks get mastercraft yachts?

i just lucked out in the RNG. Its still in charlestown - didn't even sail it much.

Sum1 make an offer

Any chance we get à statement from the devs about when this issue Will be solved? Can't wait to see the 100 testers missing until this happened to come back.

Many thanks!

If i am correct you will only be able to have 1 character when the game goes live. So re-enabling it now might be fair i dont know, but in the end we better get used to it:)

The only problem what i see with multiple character its buying stuff in "enemy" ports and reselling it to the main character.

About alt what must be done:

- 1 Character per account

- Each more captain/account cost € (ingame diamond for example)

- All captain include in one account are on the same nation

- Craft time is account based and not character based. Having 3 character not allow you to have 3x more times to craft. If you want more time, just buy a new account.

- Each character start with a good yatch with weapons and yatch repair kits and no money.

It will allow captain that want a second account to have some bu decrease the interest to get them as they will not be able to craft and to spy in others ports.

The major issue is that now:

Players have 3 or more character.

Each character is crafting what allow captain to build their own ships without having to spend work with teamates

More account you have easier it is to TP with cargo

Some use their accounts jsut for trade with insta tp in ports where there is doublons to get.

It breaks equality, it breaks craft and it breaks trade