Game-Labs Forum

Outposts and warehousing

First of, everything suggested and or discussed here, is based on patch 7.31. 

With the arrival of patch 7, the warehouses got expanded. Which is great but still not enough to satisfy the basic needs of a player. Whether you are a crafter , a fighter  or a trader, pretty soon you will find out that you cannot have recources and modules and cannons all stacked up in the same warehous. Or eventually you cant even break up ships anymore.

So basically i am hereby suggesting that the warehouses needs to be bigger. But not like last time, just by the devs. I think it should be expandable by players. Let me explain.

Divide the warehousing in 3 levels. Make it so that it costs gold to unlock them, and perhaps even recources/materials to build it.

Level 1( current warehouse level) ( basic level)

36 spots available

Level 2: 

Upgrade to level 2 cost: 50.000 gold and wood , stone etc

It will give 44 spots ( 1 extra row with 8 spots)

Level 3

Upgrade to level 3 costs: 100.000 gold, stone, wood and other materials.

It will provide an extra row with 8 spots , in total being 52 spots.

*The reason to not only be gold the criterium, is that not only crafters need materials, but it becomes a small need for fighters aswell if they wish to upgrade. Increasing trading and player to player trading.

The simple reason for all of this is, customization . Customization makes every game cooler and better. While it does not have to be incredibly hard to understand or something to do, i really believe that having such a simple and effective feauture will help most of us out, and have another reason to spend our gold on:)

Other suggestions:

Have the option to  sort your warehouse items on type ( recource, material, upgrades etc) OR, on alphabetic order. Or numerical order.

Konali

• Like 11

One trick I have learned to massively increase your storage space is to keep a slot for a trader's snow in your main outposts.  That thing has 30-40 slots by itself.  You can even load it past the 800 weight and essentially just have it dry docked holding a ton of goods.  The only downside is you lose one of your 5 ship slots in that outpost.

Edited by Booyaah
  • Like 1

I dunno, I think people are already hoarding too many resources. With a bit of starting capital, I already see huge profits for traders and an economy awash in ships. Shipbuilding is just so much easier and cheaper than in PotBS.

Perhaps they should turn off money for damage (not kills) sooner, rather than later, and cut the prices the AI pays for crafted vessels.

I dunno, I think people are already hoarding too many resources. With a bit of starting capital, I already see huge profits for traders and an economy awash in ships. Shipbuilding is just so much easier and cheaper than in PotBS.

Perhaps they should turn off money for damage (not kills) sooner, rather than later, and cut the prices the AI pays for crafted vessels.

These are just testing levels of gold because of the wipe, right?  Anyway, cut down on the small ship price in the shop and you won't be making much money if any.  Another issue is they said that resources are not spread out like they will be to facilitate testing the crafting system.  If they are more spread out, prices will be more and you wont make any money at all but lose money selling lynxes and cutters (which few players would buy) to the npc store.  This will make getting into crafting extremely hard.

• Like 1

I like the idea of selecting one outpost to be your shipyard port. I have 1 stack of every resource in my port for the sake of ease of production and its constantly nagging me to transfer stuff to a boat to free up enough space to craft. Rather annoying especially since half the stuff im refining for a ship will only need space for a few minutes.

I am not hoarding, but i do craft and alone for crafting i have almost 95% of my warehouse filled with goods just for that. That is excluding cannons, recipes, modules which i simply do not have the space for.

Yes i can use a trader snow to store extra goods, but that is just a temporarily solution.

The gold prices are just an example. 

So just for a crafter , the current space feels to limited, thats why i and the guys from TS came up with some kind of expansions system for your warehousing. 

• Like 1

So just for a crafter , the current space feels to limited, thats why i and the guys from TS came up with some kind of expansions system for your warehousing. 

Once you've reached lvl 25 and want to craft frigates the warehouse is way to small.

The only workaround to concentrate all resources in one port is by using an extra tradership.

So a warehouse expansion is a musthave after reaching the frig-crafting lvl.

Grtzzz Bubbles

• Like 1

You could always hulk some trading ships and use them to store goods. :P

Yes you could, but that is a workaround and defeats every purpose of having a warehouse in the first place.

A cargo hold has either the things needed for on the sea like fresh water food and goods for trade. A warehouse is the place where you store everything else.

Yes there is a workaround, but we are testing the crafting build now, and i really think that with crafting introduced, the warehouse as we know right now, does not fit the demands of a crafter or a big time trader.

You cannot store modules, materials and recources all in one warehouse and still be able to craft well. 

I'd like to see somekind of basic investment system to upgrade things. And yes a sorting system would be cool aswell:)

• Like 1

One trick I have learned to massively increase your storage space is to keep a slot for a trader's snow in your main outposts.  That thing has 30-40 slots by itself.  You can even load it past the 800 weight and essentially just have it dry docked holding a ton of goods.  The only downside is you lose one of your 5 ship slots in that outpost.

Be careful not to break up the ship you use for storage! I have heard of that happening! :o

• 3 months later...

I would like the option to upgrade ship yards to add more ships in port for coin as well as warehouses. Or at leat at deep water ports of your own country if you need to restrict this you could also limit the number of places you can do this at.