Game-Labs Forum

Connectivity issues, lags, disconnects

raskolnikoff

12 hours ago, Jean Delaforet said:

Same for me all time i'm disconnected in battle . I have lost 2 Indiaman and 1 Indefatigable because i'm disocnnected in battle and can't reconnect ( no ping in serv eu and i can connect in global )

Pls fix this 

Hi,

What country are you based in? The Devs are saying that it is my ISP provider that is the problem but I do not believe that as I have no problem with Global or any other games or internet.

Belamy

Hi,

When logging on the Shard selection shows PVP EU as having 355 pings and Global as having 336 pings yet I can get onto Global and play normally where on EU I cannot get in to open world as all I see is water and underwater but my ship is there and could easily be attacked while I wait the time to Ctrl Alt Del and go through my computers task manager to get out of the game.

14 hours ago, Jean Delaforet said:

Same for me all time i'm disconnected in battle . I have lost 2 Indiaman and 1 Indefatigable because i'm disocnnected in battle and can't reconnect ( no ping in serv eu and i can connect in global )

Pls fix this 

Captain, do you mean you cannot enter any combat as it always says connection timed out? is the character name the same as your forum nickname, and what server?

1 hour ago, Jean Delaforet said:

I'm in france and i play in pvp eu . I'm disconnect 40 s after the battle launch . And yes my name in game is Jean Delaforet .

Captain, could you please clarify - in every battle? Please run connection test report via Steam NA Launcher option.

Hi,

This is getting absolutely ridiculous, it has now been 4 days with a game that is unplayable, if any of the ports I have goods and ships in are taken then I lose as I have no ability to move them also I am unable to assist to defend or attack in PB's. I can no longer trade, and my building will all be full with no way of producing anymore, it is becoming a lost cause and I am getting very frustrated with the situation.

I have now organised to change to a new ISP provider which has cost me more money and this will not happen until Monday week 20th November. I will be very upset if this does not resolve the problem even though I believe that it is not the problem of the ISP provider but the EU game server as the game is fully playable with no issues on PVP Global. Explain that one other than blaming the ISP provider for having connection issues to Europe.

Four days solid is not a temporary connection issue, especially when I have been playing EU for over 18 months (Excess of 3,000 hours) and this has not occurred before, definitely not to this extent.

Belamy

16 hours ago, Jean Delaforet said:

not in every battle 1/4 and i have no problem with my connection. 

Some french friends have the same bug 

Captain, once it happens again please run connection test via NA steam launcher option and send me a message to check it right away.

3 hours ago, Belamy said:

Hi,

This is getting absolutely ridiculous, it has now been 4 days with a game that is unplayable, if any of the ports I have goods and ships in are taken then I lose as I have no ability to move them also I am unable to assist to defend or attack in PB's. I can no longer trade, and my building will all be full with no way of producing anymore, it is becoming a lost cause and I am getting very frustrated with the situation.

I have now organised to change to a new ISP provider which has cost me more money and this will not happen until Monday week 20th November. I will be very upset if this does not resolve the problem even though I believe that it is not the problem of the ISP provider but the EU game server as the game is fully playable with no issues on PVP Global. Explain that one other than blaming the ISP provider for having connection issues to Europe.

Four days solid is not a temporary connection issue, especially when I have been playing EU for over 18 months (Excess of 3,000 hours) and this has not occurred before, definitely not to this extent.

Belamy

Captain, captain Jean Delaforet experience another problem not related to issues that affect players from Thailand. In your case changing ISP is not a 100% solution since another player use a different ISP. The problem might be caused by 3rd party ISPs that blocks certain ports on the way from you to EU servers. The fact that another player from Thailand does not experience issues if connection is run by VPN indicates that problem is related to ISP and unfortunately not on our side (thus we cannot help with the issue as we already checked all affected characters).

Could you please call your current ISP support and describe the problem? Also ports that are needed for the game are: 7770, 8089, 5672, 5222, 8080, 21020-21036, 7401-7600.

3 minutes ago, Ink said:

Also ports that are needed for the game are: 7770, 8089, 5672, 5222, 8080, 21020-21036, 7401-7600.

Has this been the case all along or only since Unity 5 has been introduced. If they have been required all along then how does that explain that I have been playing on EU for 18 months without a problem until recently. Too late to call current ISP as I have now committed to the new ISP that will be connected on 20 Nov.

Belamy

Captain, those ports were required since beginning

4 minutes ago, Belamy said:

If they have been required all along then how does that explain that I have been playing on EU for 18 months without a problem until recently. 

Some issues may happen from time to time, like emergency situation with cables or ISP could start to block those ports, etc.

I am located in Argentina and playing Global server i have been disconnected many many times in the open world since last Friday. Ping goes up to 4000 and then disconnects me.

My network is doing absolutely fine, I do not use any VPN, my family members use the internet with no problems at all.

Thanks for looking into this.

On ‎10‎.‎11‎.‎2017 at 3:05 PM, Belamy said:

Hi,

VPN has resolved the issue it would appear the Thai Gov is blocking certain ports.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Belamy

Captain, another player from Thailand does not experience the problem anymore, please try the game without VPN as most likely it is resolved for you as well.