Game-Labs Forum

New Bellona paintjob

jodgi

lol....Its a placeholder, generic re-used model to represent an "average" 3rd rate.  

This. Same model as the Bellona, but since it's being used to represent a generic 74, it's been given a generic texture to distinguish it from the more unique-looking Bellona. 

Which is kinda the wrong way round...

The Bellona's paint scheme is rather pretty but far from unique, as it's probably the nearest thing the royal navy had to a standard paintscheme for much of the 18th century (although it should really have blue bulwarks rather than black and a slightly different position for the strake). Also similar paintschemes were used by a bunch of other navies.

Meanwhile the 74's paintscheme is a strange combination of Nelson chequer and the Bellona's original paintscheme which I'm not sure any ship was ever painted, as such totally unique.

Yes its not a bellona...

Ah, was confused by this: k3CeBUJ.jpg

Bellona has ... heavier weaponry.

Bellona (before wipe):

kPFDiab.jpg?1

74:

uRVwmj9.jpg?1

So Bellona went back to the future? ;)

74 is gunned like pre-wipe Bellona and post-wipe Bellona will be crafted with pre-nerf guns? (Wasn't it 24 pounders on middle deck?)

The vast majority of 74s had 18pdr guns instead of the 24s, including the Bellona.

I hope they keep her carrying 18s.. it also makes 80+ gun two deckers like Pavel, (Bucentaure) less pointless - their ability to carry 32(40) and 24 pound guns was their selling point in RL.

• Like 1

The vast majority of 74s had 18pdr guns instead of the 24s, including the Bellona.

I hope they keep her carrying 18s.. it also makes 80+ gun two deckers like Pavel, (Bucentaure) less pointless - their ability to carry 32(40) and 24 pound guns was their selling point in RL.

But

Bellona has ... heavier weaponry.